fav mom and pop store of all time?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
My 2 favs are...

...Creative Music & Mo Music. Tha 1st time I went to Creative I got The New Jim Jones tape, when it wuz all red. Ive heard of all those other moms&pops but never went to check them out, I might soon.

Apr 25, 2002
nothing compares to Mo Music
at least to me
waking up every saturday morning...walking down to Hayes Valley Liqour in Death Valley...and catching the 21 to Ashbury and going in and choppin it up with 4-Tay...Criminal Behavior...and every other cat from the MOE would stop in...being 12-15 seeing all those cats and buying all those old school albums...plus Showtime would always pop somethin in for me to hear...man i loved that place

May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
Re: I would go with.........

r8r said:
for all my folks in Fremont and if you from the old school, b4 Lance (RIP) passed on the spot was Stop,Look, & Listen. That use to be the spot for me. Bought alot of my OGs there!

DAMN I FORGOT BOUT SOP, LOOK, & LISTEN...YES THAT WAS ALSO THE SPOT...IT WAS RIGHT THERE NEXT TO THE PET SHOP...LANCE AND MY OLDER BROTHER WHERE HELLA COO.

S

senatorOFdaYAE

@ dank yes rons hip hop shop in the fields was cool as spot..thats where i used to get all my smg stuff at until i caught up with uncle st charles... my fav spots out in the bay love him or hate him ted at homeboyz music has this mom and pop shop shit on lock dude be doing his thing in durrant...keith at phat beatz in oakland is cool where you can use the drive up window..and i loved t wauzi in the O they had every fucking thing up in there..

Apr 26, 2002
www.PROJECTAFFILIATED.com
mafioso22 said:
Thanx for that JESTER^^^^^^^

You came thru the other day didn't you???????

Damn sorry i missed you maybe next time,so we can chop up
some game i'am out!
simon i went 2 chop it up >>i was out there for a few dayz but now im back in frisco-->imma go down there real soon for a week or so--->chopped it up with that other vato <-he was cool folx pero u didnt have NE APOC'S or 2SIK in the rackz < que onda con eso? j/k--homeboy restocked them.

-ill hit u up with some info on that brotha zo album real soon---we're just putting 2gether some skrilla

much love
alrato

thc

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
Gotta be biased on go with West Sounds (r.i.p) & no Moe it wasn't located in the G, it was over the ramp, across 101, where they have those new buildings, that's where West Sounds used to be at.........Also Star Records but the 1 that was located in the 'Moe (r.i.p) & of course Star Records-San Jo

thc

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
In the G??? I can't think of any other than West Sounds in 'PA......the only business places used to be the Ravenswood Pharmacy area, over the ramp, & the McDonald's/police station area..........& I don't remember there being a tape or record store around there..........