fav mom and pop store of all time?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
S

senatorOFdaYAE

well im going to be a little biased here and say fonky chicken/chaunceys.... besides the stores that have been in the mall all the other stores were always grimmey as fuck..never know what time the store would open or close..hell at 1 point you could go in the back of the store and get a fade from fonky fades..in the vacaville store you could get you grill done up in gold or white gold...always had all the new shit in music and gear..as well as for consumers commin to the store you never know who be in there from rick rock sittin on the couch with me playin madden,d-shot,b-12,mike mosley,b-legit,all the awol artist a few years ago,dre dog,jason williams while playin in sac cuz he fucked with a breezy in vacaville and countless many others but those people were the regulars...

May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
Out here in Tracy we have 1 weak ass music store thats pretty much all mainstream an eastcoast..

Scotts Music in fremont is coo,use to alwayz post up in there play music get our grub on..hes coo folks

other than that i gotta say Star Records in San Jo..hit that place up everytime im that way

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
I agee with you RJ, Fonky Chicken was the shit in its hey day.

Star is a great atmosphere with the DJ booth and all the gold plaques and glossies.

And 80 West is becoming quite a good environment also with N2DEEP, E-40, Mugzi, Mac Dre, Coolio, Taydatay, and others being in there at any given time.

For selection to I used to love Leopolds In Berkeley.

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
Leopold's was numero uno back in the day. Great store and good people too. I used to make treks out there on the regular. They had it all.

Gone,
Doxx

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I would go with.........

for all my folks in Fremont and if you from the old school, b4 Lance (RIP) passed on the spot was Stop,Look, & Listen. That use to be the spot for me. Bought alot of my OGs there!

Apr 25, 2002
Star Records.

Dam I just went to Star Records last thursday. and it don't look to great for them. They've downsized, and don't have the Bay selection they once had before.

Yo DUGOUT they need some more copies of the GANGSTA REESE