Fans of Insane Clown Posse face assault charges in Modesto beating

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
***Im not sure why the media would needs to put the ICP in the title just because these guys were fans****

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/677844.html

Four young men from Modesto who like to wear punk-rock clothing and have an affinity for a hardcore hip-hop band may have to stand trial on suspicion of beating a father in front of his daughters and girlfriend after an unusual encounter in Graceada Park.

In addition to charging the men with assault, the Stanislaus County district attorney's office alleges that Brandon Ferrell, 18; Joshua Huggins, 17; Kurt Petersen, 22; and Larry Williams, 20, are members of a criminal street gang known as the Juggalos.

According to the authorities, the men are not mere fans of a music scene known for its violent undertones, but criminals who share a common symbol, a cartoon hatchetman taken from the logo of their favorite band, Insane Clown Posse.
Larry Williams Kurt Petersen Brandon Ferrell
Larry Williams
CLICK FOR MORE PHOTOS

* Larry Williams
* Kurt Petersen
* Brandon Ferrell

Stanislaus County Superior Court Judge Dawna Frenchie Reeves must decide if the men must should face trial for assault and gang charges at the close of a preliminary hearing, which began earlier this week and resumes Tuesday.

There were plenty of witnesses to a March 7 altercation, so the main question for the judge is whether the Juggalos meet the penal code's criteria for a gang. A prosecutor noted that the case is unusual as she tried to show that the Juggalos claim the park and nearby Queen Bean coffeehouse as their turf.

"It's a really different philosophy of gangs than we're used to," said Deputy District Attorney Marlisa Ferreira.

So far, the prosecutor has called witnesses who described the fight, the lead investigator and a gang expert who said criminal acts are the main activity of hooligans who claim to be "down for the clown."

Defense attorneys have suggested that the Juggalos are little more than youngsters who like to make a fashion statement and had too much to drink.

William August, who lives near the park, recalled his strange encounter with the defendants for the court.

He said he was taking an after-dinner stroll in the park, along with his girlfriend and two of his daughters, ages 11 and 17, when Petersen rushed up, skidded into them as if he were sliding into third base and tried to shake the girls' hands.

"He ran at my girls at full speed and skid on the ground and popped up like a jack-in-the-box and asked to shake their hands," August said.

August said he shook Petersen's hand, keeping a firm grip until the "edgy" young man agreed to go back to his friends. August said he told Petersen he would "drop him like a log" if he ran up on the family again.

About 10 minutes later, as August and his family headed home, Petersen returned with four friends. The boys reportedly taunted August, saying he must be a child molester, then Petersen confronted August, saying August was mean because he would not give him $1.

August, 53, said he tried to reason with young men who didn't make any sense and was shoved to the ground after Petersen offered this sarcastic comment: "He said, "Oh, I'm so sorry, let me give you a hug."

August said he lost consciousness during the attack and woke up with a leg that was broken in two places.

Christina August, 17, said five men were pulled off her father by their friends. She picked Ferrell, Huggins, Petersen and Williams out of a crowd of 15 to 20 young people who were detained by police and could not find a fifth man who took part in the crowd.

"They all got their turn," she said. "It wasn't all at once, but they all got their turn."

Neighbor took a punch

Neighbors called 911 and the authorities said one of them took a punch from Williams as he tried to intervene.

Williams' role in the incident is important because the district attorney's office must show a pattern of criminal activity to prove that the Juggalos are a gang. An expert called by the prosecutor began to lay a foundation for that argument by noting that Williams was convicted of assault in 2007.

Marissa Castilone, a crime analyst for Modesto police who is assigned to the Central Valley Gang Impact Task Force, said the Juggalos are a gang because they have three or more members, a common sign or symbol and commit crimes. Her testimony will continue when the hearing resumes.

The maximum punishment for assault with great bodily injury is four years in prison, but a gang enhancement could tack on more time.

The defendants had been in custody, held in lieu of $70,000 bail, but they were released on their own recognizance Wednesday, because a prior commitment made it impossible for the prosecutor to resume the hearing until next week. The alternative was to dismiss the case, refile charges and begin again.

Modesto police officer David Mullins, who arrested the four defendants, said young people who hang out in the park on weekend nights, including some who paint their faces with crazy clown makeup, have been generating an increasing number of nuisance calls in recent months.

He could recall only one other arrest involving a Juggalo, saying a young man was charged with carrying a concealed weapon because he had a small ax under his clothing.

"Usually, people who live in the area are calling in about loitering, drinking and smoking marijuana," Mullins said.

Mar 18, 2003
That park is known as both a bum hangout and a place where kids in highschool hang out. I was there for a fundraiser about a month ago and by nightfall (actually closer to 9-10pm) there were about 10 bums sitting around and what I would estimate to be 15-20 kids just fucking around.

"He ran at my girls at full speed and skid on the ground and popped up like a jack-in-the-box and asked to shake their hands," August said.
That is actually pretty funny, but these fucking retards have something coming to them. Insane Clown Posse? Juggalos? Faggots. I hope they get a few years in CYA.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Yeah... a gang of fags who listen to trash started by two fags, I can't even call ICP artsits, that talk about shoving two liters up their buttcheeks, dipping their nuts in your soup, and eating monopoly and shitting out connect 4. Fuck, remind me never to cross a juggalo... they be some scary mfkrs strapped with two liters and shit...

Pfft, fuckin' disrespectful punks... that's all they are.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I use to hate the fact that dudes go out and do stupid shit claiming ICP connections, but more and more, I don't give a fuck. If anything, I think ICP and their label deserve the negative attention for all the stupid shit they sling at people. Twiztid is not part of my rant. Or Blaze. Or ABK. Just ICP, Boondox and that faggot ass rock back they got now.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I use to hate the fact that dudes go out and do stupid shit claiming ICP connections, but more and more, I don't give a fuck. If anything, I think ICP and their label deserve the negative attention for all the stupid shit they sling at people. Twiztid is not part of my rant. Or Blaze. Or ABK. Just ICP, Boondox and that faggot ass rock back they got now.
^^^ Disgruntled Juggalo.

Hahaha...just kidding man.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
^^^ Disgruntled Juggalo.

Hahaha...just kidding man.
HAHA Not the case. I was disillusioned as a kid. All the bullshit they spew at the weakminded deadheads of this world pays off every time one of them assaults someone while wearing a Riddlebox T and hollers "WHOOP WHOOP" when they're running from police.