Fallout: New Vegas

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
What's up with the next dlc I haven't heard anything about it I thought we would have seen more by now?
There's no official word on release dates but all that was said was that there would be at least 3 more DLCs in the upcoming months and they would all be released at the same time for all 3 systems. But there is some info found by players that hints at the content of future DLCs, namely New Canaan and "The Burned Man".

The PC version of the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Dead Money has barely been released, and our users have already found interesting information about future DLC in its files.
As discovered by The Vault user Xporc, the Dead Money BSA file contains the NVDLC02 snowglobe - Zion National Park. This national park is located in southwestern Utah, near the town of Springdale. This indicates that the next add-on will most likely be Honest Hearts, which has been hinted at with graffiti that includes mentions of the Mormon town of New Canaan and Joshua Graham, also known as the Burned Man and formerly as the fearsome Malpais Legate.

New Caanan was originally planned to appear in Van Buren, the canceled Fallout 3 by Black Isle Studios, developed by some of the people who later worked on Fallout: New Vegas, including J.E. Sawyer and Chris Avellone. In Van Buren, it was located in the ruins of Ogden, which is located in northern Utah, but it is possible that it has been moved to Springdale due to the reduced scope of the Fallout: New Vegas map compared to Van Buren, which was to span four states.

Additionally, IMDb is now listing actor Rick Pasqualone credited for Fallout: New Vegas as "Daniel". Daniel was the name of one of the inhabitants of New Canaan in Van Buren. Another new actor listed there is Toby Turner, credited as "Second Narrator".

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
A Bethesda forum user called "GT409" reports that the newest issue of PlayStation Magazine has a preview of next month's Qore PSN online mag, which says that it will feature information on Old World Blues add-on for Fallout: New Vegas. According to the user, the subtitle for the preview says "Are you the scientist or the guinea pig?"

The next issue of Qore releases on PSN on the 3rd of May, so if it's true, we can expect the DLC next month as well. Unlike Dead Money, which was a timed exclusive for the Xbox 360, the next three add-ons, Old World Blues, Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road, will be released on the PC, PS3 and 360 at the same time.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Old_World_Blues_reportedly_coming_in_May

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
The post-launch support team at Bethesda and Obsidian is preparing to launch a fix for one of the biggest issues still facing Fallout: New Vegas. No, not its apocalyptic levels of irradiation -- the game-crashing bugs and other performance-wrecking snafus that pepper the game's ruined landscape. According to a recent post on Bethesda's blog, a patch targeting "optimizations and stability improvements" is currently in the certification process for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Though the blog post doesn't go into specifics, it does mention, "we have fixed a great deal of the crashes and lockups that people were experiencing," and later adds, "we scoured the forums and this patch includes weapon balance tweaks and other requested fixes." The update also prepares for an upcoming add-on -- likely the "Honest Hearts" DLC. Bethesda suggests you keep an eye out for the patch "in the next couple of weeks."

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Today we’re excited to shed light on New Vegas’ upcoming game add-ons: Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road.

As a bonus, we’ve got the first officially released screenshot for Honest Hearts. This DLC will be out on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC in two weeks (May 17th), and users should now be able to grab the proper game update to play the content.

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS REVEALS DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT PLANS FOR FALLOUT®: NEW VEGAS™

Three Additional Add-on Packs Releasing in Coming Months
for Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Windows PCs

May 3, 2011 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced three downloadable content packs will be released in the coming months for Fallout®: New Vegas™. The three packs will be released simultaneously for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows-based PCs.

Honest Hearts™, Old World Blues™ and Lonesome Road™ will further expand upon Fallout: New Vegas. Fallout: New Vegas takes all the action, humor and post-apocalyptic grime and grit of this legendary series, and raises the stakes.

Available on May 17, Honest Hearts takes you on an expedition to the unspoiled wilderness of Utah’s Zion National Park. Things go horribly wrong when your caravan is ambushed by a tribal raiding band. As you try to find a way back to the Mojave, you become embroiled in a war between tribes and a conflict between a New Canaanite missionary and the mysterious Burned Man. The decisions you make will determine the fate of Zion.

In Old World Blues, releasing in June, you will discover how some of the Mojave’s mutated monsters came to be when you unwittingly become a lab rat in a science experiment gone awry. You’ll need to scour the Pre-War research centers of the Big Empty in search of technology to turn the tables on your kidnappers or join forces with them against an even greater threat.

Lonesome Road, available in July, brings the courier’s story full circle when you are contacted by the original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum Chip at the start of New Vegas. In his transmission, Ulysses promises the answer as to why, but only if you take one last job –a job that leads you into the depths of the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by earthquakes and violent storms. The road to the Divide is a long and treacherous one, and of the few to ever walk the road, none have ever returned.

Reviews of Fallout: New Vegas have called the game as “an utterly essential purchase” (MSN UK) and as “addictively, rambunctiously fun” (Entertainment Weekly). The Associated Press awarded it a 4 out of 4 stars and said “Bottom Line: It’s a Blast”, while GameSpy gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars and called Fallout: New Vegas “one of the best games of the year.”

All downloadable content for Fallout: New Vegas will be available for download on Xbox LIVE® for 800 Microsoft Points, the PlayStation®Network for $9.99, and both Steam and Direct2Drive for $9.99.
Plus more info.

Bethesda's Matt Grandstaff has posted info on level cap in the upcoming Fallout: New Vegas add-ons in the Bethesda Forum.

“Each DLC will raise the level cap by 5. So including Dead Money, if you've got them all, you'll have a cap of 50.”

He also addressed concerns that the level cap increase might make the game too easy:

“And for you, I have good news. If you’re concerned that the new level cap increases will make the game too easy for you, I've got a couple things to note:

1) Congratulations on being hardcore
2) Old World Blues will offer a new trait (and respec your traits if you've already chosen them) that will allow you to cap your level at 30 (or current level if you’re already over 30).”

Asked whether players will be able to continue playing after the main quest is finished, he again confirmed that the game will still end with the Second Battle of Hoover Dam:

“Unrelated, wanted to note that none of the upcoming DLCs will allow you to play beyond the main quest (for the same reasons noted by the developers prior to the game's release).

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
cant lie. i havent played this game for a LONG time..

how was the last DLC?

i still havent even beat the game yet..i am close but shit, i keep wanting to beat side missions

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
cant lie. i havent played this game for a LONG time..

how was the last DLC?

i still havent even beat the game yet..i am close but shit, i keep wanting to beat side missions
I think the last DLC got pretty mixed reviews. I found it to be a bit harder than regular New Vegas because everything you have is taken away and supplies are limited and really hard to come by. The story itself was okay. If you're not big on New Vegas anymore than you probably wouldn't wanna get it, but then again you might like the aspect of survival/horror which is what the last one was meant to convey.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
survivor horror? DOPE!

i am, its just i havent been on the ps3 much at all..that game is hella time consuming..i got props to hand out breh

Jan 18, 2006
^^^ damn, i bought it used online $14 shipped on gohastings.com about a month or so ago. Which is why i buy everything online damn near these days. I geeked the fuck out on this game and beat it in 2 to 3 weeks, i certainly didnt notice the PSN network was down lol. If it didnt take so many hours to beat the game i would play it again just to see another ending, I chose the Legions side

May 4, 2002
i usually buy games online to due to the fact that they are always cheaper then going to the store. i didnt feel like waitin for this one in the mail tho lol

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
From what I've read on the Bethesda forums the main quest itself is relatively short. Some people have said it's geared more toward the survival skill. Reviews seem to be positive for the most part though.