Fallout: New Vegas

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 3, 2005
I don't knew if you knew this, but if you fuck up and only have 1 guess left you can just log out of the computer and when you log back on you'll have 4 more guesses again.
i figured this was common knowledge. if you have the skill level to try to hack it theres basically no way you cant do it, just keep trying until you have one chance left, log out, then try again until you get it right

Apr 2, 2010
so its basically luck right?
Just like 3 it will tell you how many of the letters you got right out of the first word you guessed. So lets say you guessed "fires" and it told you 3/5 which means you got 3 letters of out the 5 right and you need to replace 2 letters to find the right one. So since you half to replace 2 letters it could be "rider" or "serum."

Its actually very easy, I don't see how people can have such a problem with it..It also helps to look at the rest of the words before you start guessing too much, eliminate what you know isn't the word and compare it to the words that could be it then make a guess. By that time the words will be narrowed down to about 4-5 possible outcomes making it easier..

As far as removing the duds I'm not sure on that, I've seen people do it but its just a waste of time if you ask me. Take your educated guesses and open the shit...

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Also, to help...

If you see any series of symbols in brackets paranthesis or whatnot.
For Example, anything like...

[#]
(#)
<#>
{#}

If you click on these, they will do one of two things.
Remove a Dud word
or
Renew your allowance on that particular screen (give you four more tries).
I never knew about that...I always just tried guessing the password.

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
Also, to help...

[#]
(#)
<#>
{#}

Remove a Dud word
or
Yea I been doing this shit since Fallout 3, it helps.

Jun 11, 2004
Also, to help...

[#]
(#)
<#>
{#}

Remove a Dud word
or
I didn't know about this.

Oct 17, 2007
I NEED HELP> IM FUCKED UP IN THE GAME BECUSE IM AT THE END WERE YOU KILL THE GENERAL OF THE NCR AND THEN YOU TALK TO THE LEGION GUY AND THATS THE END.... WELL I KILLED THE GENERAL BUT...NOW I CANT DO SHIT. THE ONLY EXIT TAKES ME TO THE LEGION AND THEN THATS THE GAME. AND MY LAST SAVE IS 10 HOURS AGO...IS THERE ANY SECRET UNDERGROUND TUNNEL BECAUSE THE GENERAL SAID THEIR WAS BUT I CANT FIND IT

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
I NEED HELP> IM FUCKED UP IN THE GAME BECUSE IM AT THE END WERE YOU KILL THE GENERAL OF THE NCR AND THEN YOU TALK TO THE LEGION GUY AND THATS THE END.... WELL I KILLED THE GENERAL BUT...NOW I CANT DO SHIT. THE ONLY EXIT TAKES ME TO THE LEGION AND THEN THATS THE GAME. AND MY LAST SAVE IS 10 HOURS AGO...IS THERE ANY SECRET UNDERGROUND TUNNEL BECAUSE THE GENERAL SAID THEIR WAS BUT I CANT FIND IT
Holy shit I ain't that far yet, but how do you find that nightkin follower?

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
There's no way out of this. Right before your last mission you got a warning that told you it was the point of no return. So basically that was your last chance to create a new save file and stay in the regular game. You gotta start all over now.

Holy shit I ain't that far yet, but how do you find that nightkin follower?
You have to go to Jacobstown. There will be a mission there where you'll get the chance to recruit her.

Dec 3, 2005
breh i got all these fuckin goldbars worth 10 thow wow a piece and i get all my shit back after finishing dead money, 430/280 on weight. its gonna be a long walk back to civilization to cash in this shit

Jun 11, 2004
^^^ u need that "long haul" perk that allows u to fast travel when carrying too much shit.

The last patch seems to have fixed my game BTW. I like this game again (*keeps fingers crossed*)

Dec 3, 2005
made it to novac, rented a room and figured out that i cant even off these shits for more than 8k cuz nobody has that much money to sell to. good i didnt bother trying to get all 37 of the gold bars. im bout to start a new character and try to get these last couple achievements