Eagles vs 49ers 10/12/08

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
49ers/Eagles Post-game
A few quick post-game notes …

The 49ers clearly self-destructed in the fourth quarter with three late turnovers.

Andy Lee’s short punt from the end zone created a short field for the defense and a few plays later, The Eagles took a two-point lead.

Needing to score some points of their own, the offense instead crumbled with JT O’Sullivan throwing two interceptions and having the ball stripped for a third turnover.

The Eagles returned one interception for a touchdown and then scored six points off the other two turnovers, for a 40-26 finish.

A few things that came out of head coach Mike Nolan’s post-game session with the media.
Josh Morgan saw more playing time in the game as Bryant Johnson is dealing with a groin issue.

FB Zak Keasey left the game with an arm injury, and will be updated on Monday.

K Joe Nedney suffered a shoulder strain but finished the game.

Linebacker Patrick Willis wore the headset in Sunday’s game.

Dec 4, 2006
WHAT UP WHAT UP! just got back from the game..

the 49ers showed today that they're a good team..

there was a shit load of Eagles fans at Candlestick...in my section there was a fight next to us.....also some morons got kicked out for starting shit and they got punked! ha ha

I actually thought we was gonna tie the game...but JTO fucked up once again and Nolan is a moron for challenging the field goal...HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED..

Mike Martz for H.C.!!!!!!

Dec 22, 2004
Havent you all noticed I mean we are not blind...But Martz and Nolan must both be dipshits to see JT has no competive fire in him or he gets spooked when the game is on the line there was a reason he is a journeyman blame fucking Martz as much as Nolan even though the final decision is Nolans...JT is not a QB you want on the field anytime the game is on the line...I cant even see the games and I already know what is going to cost us his arm his turnovers wheater fumble or int...fire the whole fucking organiztion starting from the top...

Apr 25, 2002
Havent you all noticed I mean we are not blind...But Martz and Nolan must both be dipshits to see JT has no competive fire in him or he gets spooked when the game is on the line there was a reason he is a journeyman blame fucking Martz as much as Nolan even though the final decision is Nolans...JT is not a QB you want on the field anytime the game is on the line...I cant even see the games and I already know what is going to cost us his arm his turnovers wheater fumble or int...fire the whole fucking organiztion starting from the top...
Martz is only working with what he has. Nolan is the main guy responsible for our personnel even though Scot McCloughan is supposed to be that guy. Obviously JTO is the best QB on the roster and that's why he's starting. That's not Mike Martz' fault, that's Mike Nolan's fault. He should have tried to acquire a new QB in the offseason.

Apr 25, 2002
Shaun Hill is not suited for Mike Martz' offense. Personally, I think he can be a pretty decent QB given the right gameplan. Last year they said they "dumbed down" the playbook because Hill was the 3rd string QB and didn't know the playbook when his number was called, but obviously that "dumbed down" playbook worked a lot better than when Dilfer was attempting to execute with a full playbook at his disposal. Hill is clearly not a practice standout, but he seems to get it done on the field. Having said all that, the reason Hill is not starting is he's too indecisive to run the Martz Offense. His release is not as quick as JTO's and O'Sullivan has a stronger arm. Basically what I'm saying is Hill is not the answer (especially in Martz' offense) and we need to look elsewhere for a QB. But who knows, maybe Hill will get a shot and do well. But JTO won the starting job for a reason..