downloading albums........

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2002
askgarcia said:
i burn more than i download...and if i have the opportunity to burn an album instead of buying it...best believe im burning it.
Hell yeah. I download as well.

You might as well download and burn it, most of the money off the CD doesn't go to the artist anyway.

I saw Chuck D speak a year or so ago, promoting Napster, and he broke it down.

I support all the local rappers, but I will be dammed if I buy a CD if I can burn it.

noWetaG

Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2002
GateWonProduct.com
i will download full albums 2 hear them b4 i buy them......
with these days of 3 good songs onna whole CD.....
and the same verses being recycled compilation 2 various compilation...
there is juss 2 much lazyness,
unoriginality in (especially rap) music 2day......
im not shelling my hard earned $ down 4 nothing but what deserves it....
there are few artists i will buy without hearing it 1st currently....
i mean im listenin 2 albums when they drop & im like
WTF man, were they asleep in the studio/when they wrote it???!
i do think that juss bein cheap and burning CDs that u enjoy front 2 bac
when u could buy it is juss scandalous........
if an artist has given u a pleasureable xperience
with thier hard earned work,
shit that came from thier
blood, sweat & tears then i will gladly lay down my scrill..
i truley do feel without sum sort creativity and substance
reinvigorated in rap then i will enjoy less and less albums every year...
although 2002 has a lot of dope shit droppin......

May 6, 2002
no lie, i download alot of shit. but guaranteed i buy every single album that i would if i didn't download any, plus downloading albums in my case helps me add new artists to my to buy list...

recent downloads that are gonna cause me to buy all their new cd's from now on..IISicc, Gangsta Reese...

if only more people saw the light..

plz, i know some of yall hear download and its totally taboo..but these underground artists dont get the expozure of mtv and nationwide radio expozure, all they got is word of mouth, so downloading is the only real source of exposure. and i dont care who you are if your gonna be successful in this game your gonna need exposure, and gettin your music downloaded and gettin your tracks around is gonna get you that and get you more fans in the process. its a game of give and take...

Apr 25, 2002
www.evilwayz.com
ima bee real bout it, i download everything i can!!! i burn everything i can!!!! if your an artist........im sorry but i aint gonna pay for sumthin i can get 4 free......
ask yourselves this: if u gotta homie that kicks down wit chronic everyday 4 free, u gonna go down and pay $20 for a sac?

C

CinFul-1

EvilWayz said:
ima bee real bout it, i download everything i can!!! i burn everything i can!!!! if your an artist........im sorry but i aint gonna pay for sumthin i can get 4 free......
ask yourselves this: if u gotta homie that kicks down wit chronic everyday 4 free, u gonna go down and pay $20 for a sac?
\

LMAO, That shits hella true I Burn like a muthafucka, I'm sheisty , I dont give a shit

Apr 25, 2002
rapdiscographies.cjb.net
CinFul-1 said:
I admit it, I jack the shit out of artists, I'm a downloading MuthaFucka, I'll be honest. The only shit I buy is the shit I cant download. I'm sheisty, I'm a cheap Mutha Fucka, I buy a stack of 50 Cd's for 30 and burn them all. I probably haven't bought a CD in a year!!!!!:D
Gotta agree wit this cat hear.... I support my homies that rap n any indie labels that I want shit from USUALLY... but I download a muthafuccin' gang uv shit.

May 2, 2002
i got like 50% mp3/cd-r albums and 50% og. i collect the ones that are classic to me...

but like it's been said, i also download out of prints and new albums (before i buy an album).

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
EvilWayz said:
IF HE IS BROKE AS FUCK AND STRUGGLING TO PAY BACK THE MUHFUCKA WHO FRONTED HIM THE Oz. YES.

M

MrFreeze

eMDe said:

IF HE IS BROKE AS FUCK AND STRUGGLING TO PAY BACK THE MUHFUCKA WHO FRONTED HIM THE Oz. YES.
thats my point. if you dl and burn evrything and alot of others do the same where does the artist get money from? look at this if 5 people burned a cd instead of buyin it that like $100 lost in sales and like $50 out of the artists pocket. why would someone keep makin music thats gettin rippied off and that there not makin money on? they wont theyll stop all cuz you dont think you should have to pay for it. do you ever think of there costs like studio time, production, promos, gettin the cd's pressed or anything like that? no all most people think of is gettin free shit. next time your burning something think to yourself is it worth not payin $20 if this artist stops makin music. just my thoughts...1

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

unless it's an artist I already like, i'm downloading the album before I buy it.... With the type of shit that's getting released today, you'de be dumb not to.

every CD i got in my car

all CD-R's

I'd buy actual copies of those CD's, but they're all out of print

Apr 25, 2002
www.evilwayz.com
here is a great idea!!
download the album, if u like it, send the $20 to the artist, that way he get the whole amount. if u buy it in the store id be surprised if the artist saw more than $3 or 4 of it. (not countin indy's they probally see more of a profit, but u get my point)

Apr 25, 2002
all you guys are acting like everytime someone burns a cd its money out of the artist pocket, but most of the people who burn cds wouldnt buy the cd anyway, its not like if they cant have it for free there gonna pay 20$ to get it, people burn cds because they can get that cd for free.... i bring my cds to school alot and i let people listen to them and they always ask me to burn them a copy and always tell them to go buy the cd and none of them actually has because they couldnt get it burned.. so i wouldnt think of downloading and burning cds as ripping the artist off its more like promotion.

May 6, 2002
thats how i think of it hollow minded

those 5 people that dl'ed the cd, well only maybe one of them would actually buy the cd in the first place. but out of those 5 people they'll decide whether they like the album or not. and if they do they're gonna like the artist and the next time they're in a store and see his cd they'll know who he is. whether its a new solo cd, or a feature, they're more likey to buy it. its all about the artist creating a bigger fan base for himself.

"here is a great idea!!
download the album, if u like it, send the $20 to the artist, that way he get the whole amount. if u buy it in the store id be surprised if the artist saw more than $3 or 4 of it. (not countin indy's they probally see more of a profit, but u get my point)"- EvilWayz

not a very good idea, who is gonna spend $20 on a CDR that they already have.

But your going in the right direction. heres some examples of my situations that i feel are best.

IISicc: downloaded, liked it. talked to Tactoutmuzic and am about to make an order for $65

Gangsta Reese: downloaded it and loved it. about to order his new cd directly from him.

not just sending in $20 but making an order from the artist for the actual cd is the best bet in my opinion. and if the artist is cool about it he may even sign it which would make the value of the real deal even more appealing.

Thats why this site is so great, with the artists posting and whatnot. its what sets this site above everyone else.

By the way, this is off the topic but when i met nickatina this weekend i had a CDR of Tears of a Clown in my car, that'd a been funny if i woulda asked him to sign it, lol. you think he would have? a burned copy of a CD, that a been great, haha. I bought the tears of a clown OG from him tho and he signed it. $10 it was a good deal.

May 6, 2002
NorKoastal said:
Download what I can Buy what I love
also VERY well said if you analyze it properly.

download everything you can to hear more and more artists, find out who your feelin and who you aint, then buy the shit that you love

this is prob my favorite quote of the day:D