downloading albums........

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

x-loc

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
truthfully how many of yall download albums..............i can say i download more than few........and this is why..........for that past couple years.....I bought some of the weakest albums of all time.........since 1997 nonthin has dropped good.....and for me to spend my working money on a album that dont sell..I do got albums the ones i like though........after hearing the new first degree-it would of been dumb of me to buy that cd....wasting 20 dollars on that cd........so what is your opoinions..everyone come real on this.

T

thug_proppa

99% of the shit i download is either out of print shit from 95 or earlier that i cant get.

Or the first couple tracks off a cd and if the first couple tracks are dope i go cop the shit. i never download a full cd and that i can find in stores. that's some fucked up shit when people do that.

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
not really into downloading albums..... i might get a track or two but if i want the album i'll go buy it. I HATE PIRATING WITH A PASSION expecially towards indie labels:D

x-loc

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
alot fo albums have been a disapointment thats came out though......it aint like it used to be back in the day.....and yall probably got money to spend on cds...someone like me as soon as i get my paycheck i go pay my car bill and my roadrunner bill....and about to pay the car that i hit bill.....so after my check i got like 10dollars something left.........

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
The tracks I usually get are ones that are old. If I get any new shit it's just to check it out and I go and buy the album if it's tight. I get some unreleased shit too, but besides that I don't just go and get albums online for any other reason unless I can't find them anywhere. I get strapped for $$$ too, but it's hard for some artists to make any kind of money if they are up and comers and people are dl their shit. To a limit dl songs is good because it gets some artists names out there, but in others it's just a way for punk ass fools to get free music. I know dl albums has only widened my variety in music and that's why I still do it. Always on the lookout for new things. A friend can say check out the new whatever, dl a few tracks. If I like them I'll check out who they are and what they're about, if I don't like it then I just pass and delete the files anyway. Dl music has its good and bad points to it.

Late!

Apr 25, 2002
shit i download all of my albums, i agree with loc alot of it is straight bullshit, but i will support an artist if the cd is tight, weather it be commercial or indie label, if its bullshit im not buying it, think of it like me walking into a store and going to the cd listening booth except im doing it from home haha

May 6, 2002
Blutarski said:
The tracks I usually get are ones that are old. If I get any new shit it's just to check it out and I go and buy the album if it's tight. I get some unreleased shit too, but besides that I don't just go and get albums online for any other reason unless I can't find them anywhere. I get strapped for $$$ too, but it's hard for some artists to make any kind of money if they are up and comers and people are dl their shit. To a limit dl songs is good because it gets some artists names out there, but in others it's just a way for punk ass fools to get free music. I know dl albums has only widened my variety in music and that's why I still do it. Always on the lookout for new things. A friend can say check out the new whatever, dl a few tracks. If I like them I'll check out who they are and what they're about, if I don't like it then I just pass and delete the files anyway. Dl music has its good and bad points to it.

Late!
Couldn't have said it better

C

CinFul-1

I admit it, I jack the shit out of artists, I'm a downloading MuthaFucka, I'll be honest. The only shit I buy is the shit I cant download. I'm sheisty, I'm a cheap Mutha Fucka, I buy a stack of 50 Cd's for 30 and burn them all. I probably haven't bought a CD in a year!!!!!:D

M

MrFreeze

i have only downloaded things i could not find in the stores. i hate people that download or burn everything. if i like something i buy it so they artist can continue to make music, otherwise your just stealing money from them. my thoughts...1

Apr 25, 2002
www.buchosbar.com
If I hear people talking about an artist they think is tight, I'll check out a couple tracks, and if I like them, I'll buy the album.

Case in point is Skyo,,, I never heard any of his shit, heard some folks talking good about it, I downloaded a couple tracks, and then I bought the album.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I almost ALWAYS download an album before I buy it. If it's tight I buy it if not fucc it they don't get my money. I plan to continue doing it that way. I own several hundred cds and a large percentage of the albums I have bought in the past few years I downloaded first. Because of the bullshit that's been put out constantly in the past few years it's not worth taking the chance.

A

askgarcia

i burn more than i download...and if i have the opportunity to burn an album instead of buying it...best believe im burning it.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
I only download single songs. I do not download full cds for the main fact I like buyin my shit opening the package poppin the cd in and listing to the tracks while i look at the inside cover to see whats comming out next and readin up on all that shit. True I have a website with full albums on it to download. BUT!!! they are in RM format which is hard as hell to convert to be able to burn unless you know the program to use. I think downloading songs is cool but if you want a cd buy it cause I don't know but to me its not the same when you burn it rather than havin that fealin of gettin a sick ass cd and knowing you own it.