Doja Clik - Speed Kills Re-Issue?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 22, 2002
Does anyone know which one is the OG version of Speed Kills? I didn't even know that there were 2 different versions. The artwork is exactly the same but the ringcodes are:

#1. ASR#14789-1(CD-DOJA CLIK/AKIDO PRINTING) *A01
#2. CMC 371150-1 24-6009-048

let me know about it,
thanks

Mar 19, 2008
wow, i didn't realize there were 2 versions of this either. Mine is the CMC ringcode. But i'm not sure if it's the OG cause I got it recently. I usually have a good eye for ringcodes and this does look like a 97 ringcode to me.

However, the ASR ringcode could also be the OG. This is because it is a similar ringcode to the Street Thugs OG cd which has a ringcode starting with:

ASR#12320-1(CD-SPR-001-2/

Hopefully somebody can clear this up.

Mar 3, 2006
Mine is CMC and i got it soon as it was released. Dope album fo sure imma bump it right now; dont know why but i never liked Young Ren solo album.

Nov 20, 2007
it looks like maybe the asr was possibly a 2nd press, but not a re-issue or re-release. speakin of which, did that best of doja clik ever get released? never seen it before....

Aug 18, 2002
it looks like maybe the asr was possibly a 2nd press, but not a re-issue or re-release. speakin of which, did that best of doja clik ever get released? never seen it before....
The Best of CD did get released but I think the quanities were very limited...got one from my homeboy in Stockton who got it direct from Ren. Includes tracks off all 3 of their unreleased albums too. I'll check my Speed Kills ringcode tonight....have owned my copy since '99 but you may be right about 2 pressings from the start. I also have 2 different codes on Hollow Tip Takin No Shortz OG's that I've always been curious about.

Nov 20, 2007
^^ yea i got two different copies of the hollow tip -flawless as well. both og releases but i'm sure there were just two different pressings for it because the flawless that's available now is on i believe mercenary ent or somethin like that. didn't know there was two different copies for takin no shortz. i'm sure mine is the og because i had that one for hella hella years. i gotta peep mine out.

that's crazy about the best of doja tho. didn't know it was that rare. what year did it come out?

Aug 18, 2002
^^ yea i got two different copies of the hollow tip -flawless as well. both og releases but i'm sure there were just two different pressings for it because the flawless that's available now is on i believe mercenary ent or somethin like that. didn't know there was two different copies for takin no shortz. i'm sure mine is the og because i had that one for hella hella years. i gotta peep mine out.

that's crazy about the best of doja tho. didn't know it was that rare. what year did it come out?
Brought in my "Best Of" CD today and was released on Heatrock Records in 2006. It's a real pressed CD with full color print on the disc itself and inserts.

Selling it on iTunes but they have it listed as 2005...think that is a typo.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-best-of-doja-clik/id291348204

Also brought in my 2 different pressings of "Takin No Shortz"

#981027MM NFA-077 L382 MFG BY CINRAM

IFPI L792 145347-2WI-6169-A DISCTRONICS USA *HSR4111*

The artwork is identical but looks to be printed by 2 different manufactures. The top version has much sharper coloring and is cropped about a centimeter larger but you can tell the other version is not a scan and reprint job...both legit releases. Anybody know more?

A few years back I picked up another copy of RBL Lesson To be Learned because I thought it was OG and only like $5. Took it home and compared it to my copy I've owned pre Ruthless By Law and noticed it was different. I scanned them both when I first noticed and have been meaning to post them...I'm sure the top (my original) is the OG but thought it was interesting and worth posting for others to see. This all may be common knowledge but was news to me...lol.

Oct 26, 2007
My copy of Lesson to be Learned is similar to the 1st one you posted, but has a different ringcode:

Probably a second pressing or something...

Jan 6, 2003
My copy of Lesson to be Learned is similar to the 1st one you posted, but has a different ringcode:

Mine has the same ringcode as yours but the disc is like the second one, with the clock logo. I got mine hella years ago too.

Jan 6, 2003
Also brought in my 2 different pressings of "Takin No Shortz"

#981027MM NFA-077 L382 MFG BY CINRAM

IFPI L792 145347-2WI-6169-A DISCTRONICS USA *HSR4111*

The artwork is identical but looks to be printed by 2 different manufactures. The top version has much sharper coloring and is cropped about a centimeter larger but you can tell the other version is not a scan and reprint job...both legit releases. Anybody know more?
I got the second one, the disctronics disc, and it's a promo. It's not a bootleg or reprint as far as I can tell, besides promos tend to be first pressings. I've read something about these two versions having different outros, or differences in one of the other tracks.

Aug 18, 2002

Wow...that's a 3rd version, probably in between right in the middle than. Here are better picks of the two ringcodes from mine.

All the early Rainbow presses (like the OG 40 & Click stuff) look like the the top one I have w/ pressing date so it may be the 1st pressing. Who really cares tho...as long as it's on In-A-Minute it's OG enough for me...lol.

Aug 18, 2002
I got the second one, the disctronics disc, and it's a promo. It's not a bootleg or reprint as far as I can tell, besides promos tend to be first pressings. I've read something about these two versions having different outros, or differences in one of the other tracks.
I'll check for that on these Hollow CDs...thanks.