do you think its disrespectful to video tape tha dead?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
I remember watching a "Banned from TV" VHS set back in the late 90's....

Someone was filming a riot that got real violent. Cops were carrying Shotguns and shields........I will never forget a reporter or media person of some sort accidentally bumped into a cop. The cop turned around and just shot them right in the chest. The reporter lay'd out on their stomach and was dying........

Dude with the camcorder filmed the whole thing. Even lay'd the camcorder in front of this person to capture her face. (It was a chick that got shot)

One of the most fucked up things I seen. The chick literally died right there in front of the camera.

I remember seeing that, shit was hard to watch.

Feb 7, 2011
as a native i was always told, no pics of deceased loved ones. now a days everyone has phones that do vids/pics and neither are allowed ever.

recording of tribal songs isnt allowed either.

pics/videos/recordings are looked at as disrespectful, im not sure how other tribes handle it.
My grandmother used to tell me taking a picture was trapping a soul. That moment in time. on a piece of paper or cassette tape. (before cd's, f 90z babyz)

yeah that shits wrong but people are going to do it because they can.

Taking videos or pictures of the dead is wrong..
Posting it on youtube is doin too much..

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
I remember watching a "Banned from TV" VHS set back in the late 90's....

Someone was filming a riot that got real violent. Cops were carrying Shotguns and shields........I will never forget a reporter or media person of some sort accidentally bumped into a cop. The cop turned around and just shot them right in the chest. The reporter lay'd out on their stomach and was dying........

Dude with the camcorder filmed the whole thing. Even lay'd the camcorder in front of this person to capture her face. (It was a chick that got shot)

One of the most fucked up things I seen. The chick literally died right there in front of the camera.

seen that, dude was wearin a colorful shirt i think, and just walks up on the cop and gets a shotgun blast to the chest and just falls out

but yea, its disrespectful to film dead or dying people...worst of all when you can help and are not

Feb 10, 2006
i seen that too...crazy video, does she die tho? cuz from what i remembered about that video is that it cuts off when she's on the floor bleeding