Do Lighter Skinned people have better lives?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
I know it has helped me out a lot, since I'm light skinned as fuck and there is a lot of racism towards dark skinned people in Mexican culture.

What are your guys' and girls' thoughts?

And please let's try and have a civil discussion with everyone stating their opinions but respecting those of others. This is a touchy subject and can always very easily get out of hand, but I trust the forum...

PS: I am NOT referring to race or ethnicity or nationality, simply skin color. So please take that into account when discussing this issue...

Apr 25, 2002
Yes, my life is better than all of you dark skinned fucks.

And it is all thanks to being so translucent. All women want to fuck me and all men want to be me. You could stand me in front of a lamp and see my internal organs.

May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
Yes, they do. Beauty is measured (at least in America) by looking white, so the whiter you look, the more attractive you are by mainstream standard protocol. Also, to be dark is to be different, scary, or mysterious, so the lighter you are, the less intimidating you are to white people, who declare what is both attractive and scary through their media outlets.

Nov 24, 2003
OK I need to find the source but just like Evolutionary Psychologists have calculated that males prefer females with exactly a .70 waist to hip ratio; they also calculated that humans in general prefer people with a specific skin tone relative to the average person in there specific demographic, and the prefered tone happens to be on the light side.

So (I am making these numbers up until I can find the actual documented ones) on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being dark as night and 1 being Drew Barrymore

a - In a population where the avg skin tone was 7 the prefered tone would be 4
b- In a population where the avg skin tone was 10 the prefered would 7
and so on.

In other words, someone in Ethiopia would prefer a lighter skin tone (not the lightest) relative to the the average person in Ethiopia, but darker than the prefered skin tone in say France.

There is research to back this up, but I am having a hard time remembering which book I read it in.

Jan 17, 2008
Yes, they do. Beauty is measured (at least in America) by looking white, so the whiter you look, the more attractive you are by mainstream standard protocol. Also, to be dark is to be different, scary, or mysterious, so the lighter you are, the less intimidating you are to white people, who declare what is both attractive and scary through their media outlets.
Hahahaah, sorry thats false.

Iam intimidated by no one. Thats what they make guns & bullets for.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I wouldn't say so.....but then again I am only speaking for myself. I'm always not light enough or not dark enough depending on who you talk to. white people ask me if I can speak english or when I came to this country. black people call me white boy. latinos tend to accept me more until they say something in spanish and I'm like "huh?" then I get the gringo or you don't know "your own language". I tell them all fuck off and proceed to fuck their girlfriends.

Apr 8, 2005
i dont think thats true at all, lol, i cant name many straight like... albino chicks that guys will rave about, i think women in general just get everything twisted, no offense, like when women try to be skinny cause they think skinny ass girls is whats hot, every guy i know will disagree.

on a side note, i think color isnt as widely discriminated against as culture, for instance, you can have a dark mexican that speaks proper english, compared to a lighter mexican that speaks in slang and a mexican accent, i bet the one with the "proper", more americanized speech will get hired or whatever. like wankster ass white kids are shunned just as much if not more than alot of blacks from what ive seen, cause its non american, or non white culture that is viewed as different and scary, not color

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
its also about what people are shown as "sexy" by magazines, TV, and other facets of the media. "blonde bombshells" are light ass women with long hair, big boobs and no ass and that's supposed to be the creme de la creme of beauty. I don't find them attractive (I actually don't find most white women attractive) but they are shoved down our throats that these are supposed to be the women you drool over.

Nov 24, 2003
Yea, I guess that's his way of saying our topics are lame. Everything in GOM doesn't have to be on some quasar shit.

LOL....right:confused:

My way of saying your topics are lame is....your topics are lame!

I was actually pointing out that there is hard data to confirm that humans as a species actually prefer lighter skinned people relative to the average skin tone in their general population.

If anything, that would be research supporting the legitimacy of the issue raised in this thread; not implying lameness.

Quasar on!

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
on a side note, i think color isnt as widely discriminated against as culture, for instance, you can have a dark mexican that speaks proper english, compared to a lighter mexican that speaks in slang and a mexican accent, i bet the one with the "proper", more americanized speech will get hired or whatever. like wankster ass white kids are shunned just as much if not more than alot of blacks from what ive seen, cause its non american, or non white culture that is viewed as different and scary, not color
I see what you mean, but then again, I pretty much disagree with you. An indigenous looking Mexican will get discriminated against more than a lighter skinned Mexican about 99% of the time.

Mar 4, 2007
well i agree with lamberto and defy, whiteness is held with high regard, and suprisingly its by those who do not come from majorly white cultures.
THis is of course because of the white man's influence on cultures and overbearing control of power and symbolism of power(the whiter the skin, the more money you got), since so many countries and cultures were invaded, and reconstructed according to western culture's standards.

i would have to tell you that, yes, i do get treated very differently than some of my friends, because of my skin color, of course i don't like this bs discrimination and 'privileges' because i know the root of it, and i don't agree with it.

when i speak spanish, its like "aye aye un guera(sp?) que puede hablar espanol!"
but, i would also like to add, that because of my typical whitey-ness before summer starts, i would get made fun of for wearing shorts lol. but that was the town of orange bitches so i didn't really give a fuck.

I wouldn't say it makes a happier life, because no matter hwat you got, you can be fucked up in the head and have depression..

but yeah, my ex, who is mexican, was always dealin with racism within his family, his mom, would treat me so nicely, and i couldn't even talk with her then(i wasn't fluent yet) but his brother's gf who was just as nice, had good grades, good influence, was treated like shit. It was fucked up tho, and when his older brother would say shit then his mom would be like "well emily, well she is just better"..

of course he said "does this have to do with her being white? and my gf being mexican like us?!"
but yeah that comes from her own mom instilling that white was better, she fed into all the bullshit about beauty n shit as well.
once i got more fluent, i would protest to the special treatment, in a nice way of course, so i didn't offend the crazy lady but hey...
it was crazy tho..

i was the ONLY white person in that family for awhile(until i broke up with him)

man, i miss his mom's cooking..

Nov 24, 2003
Um. I was talking about Coldblooded, that's why I quoted LQ. Read the last line. I should have just quoted that line, but I was too lazy to delete. I found your response very interesting and so far have found Coldblooded mocking this thread and the other on beauty.

Got it. My bad. Now I don't think you are crazy any longer :)

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
THERE WAS A THREAD IN THE OPEN FORUM ABOUT HOW BLACK DOGS HAD A HARD TIME GETTING ADOPTED OVER LIGHTER COLORED DOGS.
SHIT EVEN ANIMALS GET HATED ON FOR THEIR COLOR...LOL