Diego Sanchez vs Clay Guida

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 17, 2004
Yup I thought the fight was a draw aswell.

10-8 diego
10-9 guida
10-9 guida

which brings up the point that MMA reeeeeally needs to change the way they score matches. Using the boxing scoring rules is fucking dumb. I suggest they do it how pride did.
yeah they should just judge the match as a whole instead of rounds but the problem also is most judges are fucking retards.
more judges and more referees is a must.

my brother in law was in vegas this weekend and talked to guida at the rehab pool party on sunday. said hes a really nice guy.

Jan 9, 2004
I thought Guida won the 2nd and 3rd, but yeah it was a great fight.
Nah, Guida held on for dear life those last two rounds not to get knocked the fuck out. That fool bled all over Nightmare and didn't shoot after his skull was cracked.

I serously think they need to test that motherfucker for speed, he can't ever stand still. Looked like a crackhead in a fight over a rock, just couldn't quit it. Either way, Fight of the Year in my book.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Well he outstruck Diego in the 3rd, and he lay & prayed in the second which always wins a round in UFC, imo. I don't really believe in 10-8 rounds in MMA either, if you beat him that bad you should've finished the fight.

Biggest question I have after the fight is: did Diego lose all his power after dropping to 155 or does Guida have the best chin in the weight class? I've never seen Guida rocked, but Diego couldn't KO Joe Daddy either.

Nov 7, 2002
You might be able to question Diego power in his hands which I think he still has a lot but that kick to the face of Guida just showed that Guida has a solid ass chin maybe the best in the weight class.

May 17, 2004
Nah, Guida held on for dear life those last two rounds not to get knocked the fuck out. That fool bled all over Nightmare and didn't shoot after his skull was cracked.
i dont think we watched the same fight. diego was great the first round. the next 2 he did nothing impressive except for a few elbows from the bottom.

and bleeding a lot doesnt always mean you are getting killed in a fight.

Dec 30, 2003
yeah they should just judge the match as a whole instead of rounds but the problem also is most judges are fucking retards.
more judges and more referees is a must.

my brother in law was in vegas this weekend and talked to guida at the rehab pool party on sunday. said hes a really nice guy.
yea Guida is really cool.. i met him at ufc 84 and he said to me "hey man nice to meet you".... i thought me being the normal boring guy i shoulda said that to him... kinda made me feel cool hahaha

Jan 2, 2004
Yup I thought the fight was a draw aswell.

10-8 diego
10-9 guida
10-9 guida

which brings up the point that MMA reeeeeally needs to change the way they score matches. Using the boxing scoring rules is fucking dumb. I suggest they do it how pride did.
diego won that second round.. Just because he was on the back, doesn't mean he lost.. He inflicted way more damage and Guida just layed and prayed.

Guida outstruck Diego in round 3, though..

Dec 9, 2005
diego won that second round.. Just because he was on the back, doesn't mean he lost.. He inflicted way more damage and Guida just layed and prayed.

I watched the fight again, and I thought that Guida clearly won the second round, and did enough to win the 3rd round.

He was in control the entire second round, and had Sanchez on his back and up against the cage where he was unable to do anything significant with the exception those elbows to the top of the head.

Guida has an iron chin, that kick would have knocked out just about anyone else in the division.

Oct 9, 2008

Co-sign!! I personally thought the fight was pretty boring after the 1st round... just cuz u lay on somebody the entire round doesn't mean you won that round...unless you that pussy koscheck, thats how he seemed to win most of his early fights..lol