Department of Homeland Security called my mom about me...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
So, I've travelled internationally before. Apparently this makes me an international traveller. When I became one, I was put into some type of database. Apparently I've gone to some kind of website that has been red flagged by the Department of Homeland Security. It is either the Siccness, some wikipedia research I was doing on foreign countries, or when I downloaded the Communist Manifesto.

My mom works for the Social Security Administration. I went down to Florida for spring break and I bought her frequent flier miles off of her. She paid for my ticket to Florida. Once I got there, the Department of Homeland Security called my mom and said that i was an international traveller, I had accessed restricted websites, and I was given a plane ticket from a Federal employee and they wanted an explanation.

I love our country, but fuck this government. I did nothing wrong. Gotta call them back this week and explain myself to them.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I knew Dept of Homeland Security was gonna be like this when Bush appointed Tom Ridge. Dude did a great job as governor of Pennsylvania :rolleyes: For the first time in the decade I've spent on the Siccness, I feel like I should watch what I say

Nov 20, 2005
i seriously doubt it had to do with the sicc. but yeah i could see how you could become paranoid after all that bullshit.

if they spoke to your mother, why would they need further explanation from you?

~k.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
i seriously doubt it had to do with the sicc. but yeah i could see how you could become paranoid after all that bullshit.

if they spoke to your mother, why would they need further explanation from you?

~k.
My mom didn't give them an explanation. She called and told me. She thinks very similarly to me. She said I should use public libraries because the American government has been looking for ways to bring down young liberals for centuries.

I don't think it was the Sicc in general. More like just this forum. Gathering of the Minds seems to be a hotbed for counterculture thinking, which is what I love about it. Even if I don't agree with the opinions, I learn new perspectives. But I don't really look up shit that is too fucked up. Aside from here, the only other controversial places on the net that I've been to are the ones I mentioned.

I could pass for a middle-easterner when I tan. Maybe that's why the French decided to strip search only me and my three American friends at the border.

Or maybe world superpowers just like ruining my day.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
that's foul.....you gotta love our country :eyecross: land of the.....uuummmm.....free? home of the sla--.....wait, that wasn't it

Apr 25, 2002
I don't think it was the Sicc in general. More like just this forum. Gathering of the Minds seems to be a hotbed for counterculture thinking, which is what I love about it. Even if I don't agree with the opinions, I learn new perspectives. But I don't really look up shit that is too fucked up. Aside from here, the only other controversial places on the net that I've been to are the ones I mentioned.
I agree with that. I wouldnt be surprised if they check this forum.

*clicks 2-0-Sixx's communist manifesto link*