De La Hoya VS. Mosley II

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
@ E,
I hear you man. But I'm sick of these decisions you know?
Maybe this had to happen, maybe this result will force boxing into having open scoring.
As of now, the sport is no different than pro wrestling....
It truly is a shame, there's huge gaps there allowing corrupted individuals to exploit it.
It finally sunk in this Saturday night, I was in denial the whole time. I defended boxing each time people jabbed at it calling it a circus. I can no longer argue against them.
Senator McCain was there, he witnessed this shit and hopefully he does something about this.
He's been fighting for the last couple of years to have a central sanctionning body to cover all fights in this country. Sort of like a league for boxing, one that is controlled by the government. Hopefully his idea becomes a reality before more shit like this happens.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
I just got done watchin "Around the Horn" and Max kellerman, who is a boxing expert, even said he thought Moseley won the fight!! So get over it Dela Hoya fans!!! GOT EM!!

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
MR. CLEEN said:
Miggidy... You preachin to the choir... I already agreed if we go by points, then De La Hoya won, but if you go by hader shots, and who was the agressor through out the fight, and who controlled more of the tempo, then I would go with Mosely, but I believe you are incorrect in who got peppered. De La Hoya fought a good fight up until Mosely finally timed DLH's jabs. The jab was useless then. Tell me this, how close do you believe De La Hoya was to gettin knocked out??? Who else in DLH career battered him worse than Mosley (Except Quartey)??? I won't even discuss Vargas no more, until they sign the match, I can't change your mind, and you surely can't change mine. DLH's a great fighter, but Mosely got his number, just like Vernon Forrest got Mosely's and Ricardo Mayorga got Forrest's and everybody got Vargas Lol...
I totally agree that in some close fights, you can go with the agressor and who ever landed the harder shots.
The problem here is that this fight was not even close.
Yes Mosley "probably" landed the harder punches of the night. But they were too few and too far in between.
Yes he was the agressor but he wasn't effective with it.
What you are tryin to say is called effective agressiveness, Mosley was far from that on Saturday night.
He knew it himself, his dad knew as well. He clearly told him in between rounds, "You're letting him dictate the fight! You're following him around but you are NOT doing anything!"....
That is my whole point man. Mosley wasn't doing shit until it was too late. He ran out of time and he wasted a shit load of time tryin to figure Oscar out.
He knew he lost, and everyone else as well....
Mosley's far from being De La Hoya's nemesis.
A nemesis never wins a close decision.... You know that....

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
CZAR said:
I just got done watchin "Around the Horn" and Max kellerman, who is a boxing expert, even said he thought Moseley won the fight!! So get over it Dela Hoya fans!!! GOT EM!!
Max is the biggest hypocrite out of everyone in the media.
He clearly dug his own grave in this fight, let me explain.
Remember that he was in the minority with those who felt Forrest beat Mayorga in their rematch?
Why did he feel that way? He explains that even though Mayorga was the agressor and landed the harder shots, Forrest landed the most punches (which is bullshit by the way).....
But here for this fight, he makes a complete turn and his excuse for Mosley winning is that he landed the harder shots and was the agressor.
What a hypocritical son of a bitch!
You see how he contradicts himself?
He's been labeled a De La Hoya hater before, so it ain't the first time he's reffered to as a De La Hoya hater.
That's what he is, and with good reason.
He's the biggest Whitaker cheer leader in the world....

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
The only thing i don't like about that is the sport should be scored like an art, not based on rigid scoring, and as long as we are all human, we clearly won't see everything eye to eye. I definitley thought DLH won the fight and was surprised myself that Mosely won, because I was going by the scoring. But if you were one of the judges and you favored agression over technique, you don't know how compubox has it, you just score it how you see it. Can't fault a man for calling it how he saw it. If it was sanctioned scoring, then every fighter who had more points even by one, would win and that would mean you had to knock a fighter out to win. The fighter who lossed might have no scratches, and the winner may have both eyes shut with a broken nose but had one point more... Some of that compubox scoring I guarantee were blocked shots or misses that looked like they scored.

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
Surely you are mistaken. I think he broke De La Hoya's ribs, and i think he could have knocked DLH out at at anytime after the 7th round, just give it up. De La Hoya ran the whole fight. Mosely was very effective. Oh and it is very common for a corner to try to use reverse psychology on fighters to give them a sense of urgency. Mosely father was just tryna get his son to take advantage of De La Hoya being hurt and knock him out so their would be no need for the judges. I don't believe he thought his son was losing, but more he believed his son was not far enough ahead to win a decision, and he still got the decision... Go figure...

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I agree with judges not having the luxery of knowing what the punch stats are according to Compubox.
But these weren't your ordinary judges, 2 of them have scored very controversial decisions.
So they have their history. I was concerened about the officials prior to the fight but as the fight went on, I grew less concerned since it appeared to everyone that De La Hoya was winning easily.
It wasn't the case in the end.

As for Mosley breaking De La Hoya's ribs?
That's not true. Yes he hurt him with a body shot in round 9 but I disagree that Mosley could've knocked De La Hoya out. Not when bigger punchers have failed to do that.
Mosley gave up way too many rounds and was confused for a large mojority of the fight. He was simply not doing enough, he wasn't even throwing punches. His punch put out was very low compared to what he normally throws. He was only affective in a handful of rounds. The rounds that De La Hoya gave to him when he stopped throwing his jab. Don't forget that De La Hoya responded every time Mosley hit him, even in the final round when he was running on E.
Fortunately for him, Mosley was almost as tired as he was.

As for Jack Mosley's advice, there's a fine line between motivational lies and the actual truth.
The difference between motivation is the seriousness of the trainer, Jack Mosley told Shane very clear that he was not bullshitting. He made that point very clear and even Mosley acknowledged it.
The reason why I don't buy this motivational "theory" is that if Jack really knew his son was ahead, he wouldn't have nothing to fear about the decision. After all, the judges scored in their favor in the first fight. So Jack's excuse that he was simply tryin to motivate his son falls face first on the floor....

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Just give it up miggity, cause u aint gonna change none of our minds!! Moseley won the fight and thats that!! Move on!! Dela Hoya aint as tight as u think!! GOT EM!!

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
Well Like I said earlier, the only way theywon't do it again is if he's scared, and if you know De La Hoya, he'll let his pride get the best of him, and he will take the fight and surely get knocked out this time. Trust Jack wasn't looking for adecision, he was looking for his son to knock De La hoya out, but I won't try to convince you of that. It is what it is... Oh and if you can find ajudge thatis squeaky claen, believe he aint callin Big Money fights... He's on the amateur ranks, not yet corrupted by Sin City. I've said my piece on it. Will holla when they make the Vargas fight...

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
CZAR said:
Just give it up miggity, cause u aint gonna change none of our minds!! Moseley won the fight and thats that!! Move on!! Dela Hoya aint as tight as u think!! GOT EM!!
Exactly! Once a De La Hoya hater always a De La Hoya hater....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CompuBox: Oscar outlanded Shane
in eleven of the twelve rounds!

By Bob Cannobio -- CompuBox

On Saturday night, Oscar De La Hoya landed 221 of 616 total punches (36%) to 127 of 496 (26%) for Shane Mosley. De La Hoya averaged 10 more punches thrown per round. Oscar's statistical edge was bolstered by his jab. He landed 106 of 296 jabs (36%) to just 33 of 268 (12%) for Mosley, who had outjabbed De La Hoya in their first meeting. This time Mosley dispensed with the jab and focused on landing the harder shots, many to Oscar’s body. Rounds 8-12 were won by Mosley on all cards except for the eighth on Stanley Christodoulou’s tally. However, despite Shane’s second half rally, he outlanded Oscar in just one round, the ninth, 22-19. A breakdown of the power punches connected by round showed Oscar with a 7-3 edge, with 2 rounds even. Give Mosley the benefit of the doubt in the two even rounds and it’s still 7-5 De La Hoya in power connects by round.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oscar to launch investigation!
By Mike Oliver

Former champion Oscar De La Hoya said after last night disputed loss to Shane Mosley that he would launch an investigation into last night's decision. After first pointing out that "what I have to say now is not against Shane Mosley," the Golden Boy stated: "On Monday I will put a full investigation into this decision. I will put the best lawyers on this. Boxing does not need this anymore....I will put on to my fullest power, an investigation so we will see what happened. The reason why I do this is because of the punch-stat numbers. I actually landed one hundred more punches than he did. I am not doing this because I am a sore loser. I am doing this for boxing. This does not effect my decision about retiring. I will wait until I am settled down and talk to my family before making that decision." When asked whether he felt this was just a bad decision or some sort of conspiracy, De La Hoya responded, "We'll see. I am really going to put may heart and resources into this...We have seen in boxing a lot of bad decisions. I feel for boxing that it's time they stopped. I think that its time for fighters to make a stand and I am the man to do it."
Sunday, September 14 2003

Arum: I am through!
By Mike Oliver

Promoter Bob Arum lashed out during last night's De La Hoya-Mosley post fight press conference. "They say I'm a sore loser, but they're not going to see my ass anymore," he said. "I am through." The 72-year-old Arum stated that he would finish out fights scheduled for this year, then think about retiring. The Top Rank chief blasted the scoring in last night's main event. "After this freaking outrage, I'm out of this mess. Boxing is the garbage can of sports." Arum referenced Juan Lazcano, who defeated Stevie Johnston in a WBC eliminator, as "the fighter who knocked out his opponent instead of leaving it up to the wonderful judges." On Miguel Cotto: "Miguel is a great fighter. Someday he'll be standing up here after getting screwed in a decision by a state that allows gambling on boxing." Arum recommended that people watch Saturday's rebroadcast on HBO so that they could hear George Foreman's comments. Foreman had remarked that De La Hoya did not lose this fight in the ring but rather the judges had it in for Arum.

Link to the judges score card:
http://www.fightnews.com/delahoya_mosley_scorecarda.jpg

B

Blackjack 1577

Man I should've put some money on this fight. Cause I was goin with Mosley all this time, but my lazy ass lagged too much.