Danny "Swift" Garcia vs Lucas "The Machine" Matthysse

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

WHO WINS?

• Garcia by Decision

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Garcia by KO

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Matthysse by Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matthysse by KO

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Agreed man. Really disappointed in Matthysse. Seemed like he went in thinking quick KO and when it wasn't happening he didn't know what to do. He had his moments in spots but Garcia would clinch often and Matthysse had zero answer for that.
Man, at some point, clinching shouldn't be allowed. Seemed like he held all damn night. Some refs let the guys do it, others don't. Either way though, great win for Danny and he ate some great shots. I take my hat off to him.

Props: battle619
Feb 10, 2006
My personal opinion about danny is that he has the strongest chin in the game and is smarter than expected. He stuck to his game plan and was able to take on Mathysse heavy hits, WOW! But he was put on the ropes a lot and if it weren't for Mathysse's eye getting busted, who knows how this fight would have ended. I knew it was going the distance but not like this. I wouldn't mind a rematch at all but I do hope he stays at 140 cuz there is no reason to chase Floyd. Danny walks at 150, but fights at 140. Stick to your weight then work your way up slowly, not like Broner or Rios.

Mar 18, 2008
My personal opinion about danny is that he has the strongest chin in the game and is smarter than expected. He stuck to his game plan and was able to take on Mathysse heavy hits, WOW! But he was put on the ropes a lot and if it weren't for Mathysse's eye getting busted, who knows how this fight would have ended. I knew it was going the distance but not like this. I wouldn't mind a rematch at all but I do hope he stays at 140 cuz there is no reason to chase Floyd. Danny walks at 150, but fights at 140. Stick to your weight then work your way up slowly, not like Broner or Rios.
Damn...you beat me to it...Danny should stay away from Floyd...don't fuck shit up cuse right now the kid is looking good and he should stay patient and wait till Broner handles Maydana...Danny can beat Broner and make his way to cross over stardom. Canelo made a big mistake chasing a dream and money...Danny is getting some good names on his resume and there are still a lot of good character building fights out there forget Floyd.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2006
Canelo made the mistake by chasing Floyd. They would have eventually have meat up but he settled for catchweight and he got worked. Garcia has the potential now to have a greater resume than floyd without having to chase him and will maybe be one of Floyds last fights, but he shouldn't rush it

Props: The Bay Area
Jan 18, 2006
I think we getting a little carried away with Garcia. Yes hes pretty good but he hasnt had to fight a really good fighter thats a pure boxer. Closest is Khan lol, Morales dont count hes old as fuck. I think Bradley would fuck him up cuz hes smarter then Matthysee, he definitely doesn't want to see Marquez he better hope Bradley some how pulls out that fight. I wonder if Broner would fight Garcia now also assuming he gets past Maidana. Manny should get past bum bum Rios, think Garcia would be scared to fight him even if he wasnt scared to fight Matthysee, im not sure. While Floyd is obviously clearly better then all mentioned 147 is pretty stacked. Cant wait for some of these upcoming fights.

Mar 18, 2008
Canelo made the mistake by chasing Floyd. They would have eventually have meat up but he settled for catchweight and he got worked. Garcia has the potential now to have a greater resume than floyd without having to chase him and will maybe be one of Floyds last fights, but he shouldn't rush it
There's no one out there that can beat Danny Garcia except Floyd...he should stay away from Floyd period and take Canelo's place as the future of the sport...look at all the names he can clean house with...Marquez/ Bradley...Alexander...Broner...Guerrero...Pacquiao...Rios...probably more...Khan rematch...etc. I'd hate to see him lose to Floyd and fall back into the pack. If Danny and his father go main stream they are a HIT...unlike Guerrero and his pops...that's a FAIL...

Feb 10, 2006
But that's the probelem when we start talking future fights. Tr and GBP are not doing business so what does GB have? If he is to fight Floyd he has to fight a 147 that he feels he can beat first, then a tough one, then fight Floyd. At least thats how I feel

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
There's enough twinkies and jolt cola in dude's "ab" to take those lumps. Broner doesn't really let his opponents touch his face, so he's used to getting hit there. Paulie was digging to the body in their fight. Granted, Paulie punches like my grandma, but he was a real welterweight.

Props: CZAR
Jan 18, 2006
Broner is not gonna be able to take a lot of punches to the body from Maidana I can tell u that much. Devon Alexander is not a stay in the pocket type fighter so of course Maidana didnt do as much punsihment to him that he normally does. Broner has no movement, u can cover ur face the whole time but Maidana bought to chop him down like a tree