Conan is out, won't do show following Leno

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Yet, you posted this not but a few posts up:

Did you NOT write that? If so, way to contradict yourself.

FYI, Letterman and Leno both have "time-slot" protection in their contracts, something Conan most likely has.

Maybe, maybe not. You nor I know WHAT will happen.
HIS CONTRACT STATED HE CAN BE MOVED BACK 30 MINUTES WITHOUT HIS APPROVAL. HE REFUSED TO BE MOVED BACK. HE BROKE THE CONTRACT. WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT? SO WHY IS HE GETTING THE $33 MIL? IS IT TO KEEP HIM FROM TALKING SHIT ABOUT THE NETWORK?

May 9, 2002
HIS CONTRACT STATED HE CAN BE MOVED BACK 30 MINUTES WITHOUT HIS APPROVAL. HE REFUSED TO BE MOVED BACK. HE BROKE THE CONTRACT. WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?
LOL....wow. First of all, NBC has said that it ISNT in his contract, while Conan;s lawyers are saying that it IS in the contract. What does this mean? That neither you nor I know SHIT about it, only what these two say to us. Thats it.

SO WHY IS HE GETTING THE $33 MIL? IS IT TO KEEP HIM FROM TALKING SHIT ABOUT THE NETWORK?
What the FUCK does this have to do with a non-move claus in his contract? You are making NO sense. You asked why Conan is being sued becuase of this refusal to move....and never answered. Then you simply state that they asked him to move, and he said no, inferring that it means nothing. Now you're bringing it back up? Why Is NBC NOT suing him for breech of contract? You tell me, since you seem to know everything about everything.

Stick to an argument/position and finish a thought if you want to continue this conversation. Thanks.

LOL....wow. First of all, NBC has said that it ISNT in his contract, while Conan;s lawyers are saying that it IS in the contract. What does this mean? That neither you nor I know SHIT about it, only what these two say to us. Thats it.

What the FUCK does this have to do with a non-move claus in his contract? You are making NO sense. You asked why Conan is being sued becuase of this refusal to move....and never answered. Then you simply state that they asked him to move, and he said no, inferring that it means nothing. Now you're bringing it back up? Why Is NBC NOT suing him for breech of contract? You tell me, since you seem to know everything about everything.

Stick to an argument/position and finish a thought if you want to continue this conversation. Thanks.
HAVE YOU EVER WORKED IN CORPORATE AMERICA? YOU CAN BE AN UNDERPERFORMING PIECE OF SHIT BUT TO PREVENT ANY FURTHER LAWSUITS, LAWYER FEES AND OTHER NUISANCES, YOU ARE GIVEN "HUSH MONEY". IN CONANS CASE, HIS HUSH MONEY IS $33 MILLION. YOU SERIOUSLY THINK YOU ARE THIS INTELLECT, DID IT EVER CROSS YOUR MIND THAT NBC IS NOT INTERESTED IN A LONG WINDED AFFAIR THAT MAKES THEM LOOK EVEN WORSE IN THE PUBLIC EYE THAN THEY ALREADY LOOK?

May 9, 2002
HAVE YOU EVER WORKED IN CORPORATE AMERICA? YOU CAN BE AN UNDERPERFORMING PIECE OF SHIT BUT TO PREVENT ANY FURTHER LAWSUITS, LAWYER FEES AND OTHER NUISANCES, YOU ARE GIVEN "HUSH MONEY". IN CONANS CASE, HIS HUSH MONEY IS $33 MILLION. YOU SERIOUSLY THINK YOU ARE THIS INTELLECT, DID IT EVER CROSS YOUR MIND THAT NBC IS NOT INTERESTED IN A LONG WINDED AFFAIR THAT MAKES THEM LOOK EVEN WORSE IN THE PUBLIC EYE THAN THEY ALREADY LOOK?
SO you're saying that even though he breached a CONTRACT, its not worth NBC to present their VIABLE argument in a court to recover money in a TOUGH economy, that would cost FAR less than $33 million? Is this about right?

How would this make them look worse? They would merely be backing up a contract that THEY agreed on. Why even put something like that in a contract, if it cant be BACKED? So please, enlighten me with your far superior intellect on all things of the universe, as to why NBC would rather cash him out then take him to court and own him for life.

When its all said and done, you and I are both on the same side of this situation..THE OUTSIDE. So we can sit up here and speculate what one party should do to the other and what exactly is in a PRIVATE contract all we want...it means JACK SHIT. But, you like to aruge just to argue, so im sure you will CONTINUE to throw out your opinion as truth and cold hard facts, and make no logical sense.

So lets proceed....

SO you're saying that even though he breached a CONTRACT, its not worth NBC to present their VIABLE argument in a court to recover money in a TOUGH economy, that would cost FAR less than $33 million? Is this about right?

How would this make them look worse? They would merely be backing up a contract that THEY agreed on. Why even put something like that in a contract, if it cant be BACKED? So please, enlighten me with your far superior intellect on all things of the universe, as to why NBC would rather cash him out then take him to court and own him for life.

When its all said and done, you and I are both on the same side of this situation..THE OUTSIDE. So we can sit up here and speculate what one party should do to the other and what exactly is in a PRIVATE contract all we want...it means JACK SHIT. But, you like to aruge just to argue, so im sure you will CONTINUE to throw out your opinion as truth and cold hard facts, and make no logical sense.

So lets proceed....
I AGREE, ME AND YOU ARE JUST SPECULATING ON A LOT OF SHIT. HOWEVER, THE TRUTH IS THERE ARE INDIVIDUALS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANALYZING WHAT WILL BE THE MOST FEASIBLE WAY FOR NBC TO GET OUT OF THIS AND THEY HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO DO IT. ADVERTISERS AND VIEWERS ALIKE ARENT GOING TO BE TOO HIGH ON A NETWORK THAT LETS THIS THING UNFOLD INTO MORE OF A DRAMA THEN IT ALREADY HAS.

Sep 29, 2003
Damn yall watchin Conan? NBC is gettin fuckin roasted mayne!!! Adam Sandler " NBC are CUNTS" lmfao. It's hilarious when conan does the NBC executive shit pettin the cat LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I think he actually said "NBC; Nothin But Cocksuckers"....

hella_numb said:
dude is going to go head to head with leno and letterman. and those old fucks will only have like 2-3 years left before their audience isnt able to watch them or they are super old.

Yep, dude is set but we have to wait until at least September 1 to see him on the air again and Jay gets his show back starting March 1 (The monday after the olympics are over). Conan has enough pull in show business he can get work anywhere he wants. I saw a lady on the Today show this morning talkin about how she was interviewing a lot of stars at the Golden Globes and the overwhelming consensus was that many stars didn't want to go on Jay in the future after the events.....Of course, they would most likely have to in order to promote their projects.....

I wonder if Conan will stay out in Hollywood or take his show back to New York.....

Nov 14, 2002
[Stick to an argument/position and finish a thought if you want to continue this conversation. Thanks.
I've been having similar problems with this guy all over the forum lately. This sentence sums up every post of his.
HAVE YOU EVER WORKED IN CORPORATE AMERICA? YOU CAN BE AN UNDERPERFORMING PIECE OF SHIT BUT TO PREVENT ANY FURTHER LAWSUITS, LAWYER FEES AND OTHER NUISANCES, YOU ARE GIVEN "HUSH MONEY".
Do you know what "Corporate America" is, dude? I've worked in "corporate america" (Petco) and I assure you, I was never offered "hush money", you big headed dope.

I've been having similar problems with this guy all over the forum lately. This sentence sums up every post of his.

Do you know what "Corporate America" is, dude? I've worked in "corporate america" (Petco) and I assure you, I was never offered "hush money", you big headed dope.
CLEANING SHIT OUT OF A CHIHUAHUAS CAGE DONT MAKE YOU A MEMBER OF CORPORATE AMERICA.

Apr 25, 2002

The momentary disappearance of Conan O’Brien from the airwaves brought peace to the late-night landscape for, oh, about four days. On Thursday night, the surviving combatants were reapplying their war paint as the ABC host Jimmy Kimmel used his monologue to rebut Jay Leno, who said that Mr. Kimmel had “sucker-punched” him in an earlier interview on Mr. Leno’s show. And by rebut, we mean pound him mercilessly.

The dispute between Mr. Kimmel and Mr. Leno was once a side-skirmish to Mr. Leno’s larger feud with Mr. O’Brien. When it became clear that Mr. Leno was going to reclaim “The Tonight Show” from Mr. O’Brien, Mr. Kimmel spent an entire episode of his “Jimmy Kimmel Live” program impersonating Mr. Leno — fright wig, prosthetic chin and all.

That got Mr. Kimmel an invitation to “The Jay Leno Show,” where in an interview he repeatedly razzed Mr. Leno for usurping Mr. O’Brien’s position. (Asked about the best prank he had ever pulled, Mr. Kimmel answered: “I told a guy that five years from now, I’m going to give you my show. Then when the five years came, I took it back almost instantly.”)

And that led to Mr. Leno’s accusation, in an interview on Thursday with Oprah Winfrey, that Mr. Kimmel had “sucker-punched” him in that appearance. All caught up? But wait — there’s much more.

On Thursday night, Mr. Kimmel mocked Mr. Leno simply for appearing on “The Oprah Winfrey Show.” (Most people, Mr. Kimmel said, do “Oprah” to “get support from the public after they had sex with their father or married Bobby Brown or something. Jay Leno went on because they gave him ‘The Tonight Show’ back.”) Then he told his studio audience what he said was the true story behind his contentious interview with Mr. Leno.

Mr. Kimmel said that he believed his interview with Mr. Leno would focus on the late-night wars. Instead, he said, in a pre-interview with a “Jay Leno” producer, “the questions were like, ‘What’s your junk food weakness?’” (“I weigh more than 200 pounds,” Mr. Kimmel said. “All junk foods are my weakness.”)

According to Mr. Kimmel, the producer said there had been “a lot of talk” about NBC’s late-night drama, “and we don’t want to beat it to death.”

“What he did not understand,” Mr. Kimmel told his audience, “was I did want to beat it to death. I like beating things to death. And so I did.”

Mr. Kimmel said he expected that when he starting taking shots at Mr. Leno in the interview, “I figured he’d get into it and mix it up.” “You know,” he continued, “at one time he was a comedian. But he just stood there, kind of reading through the questions like a robot and then goes off and rats me out to Oprah.”

“That’s a sucker punch right there,” Mr. Kimmel said. “He’s a tattletale. Oprah and I had a wonderful relationship and now it’s ruined because of Jay.”

Mr. Kimmel concluded the bit with this warning: “By the way, watch out Oprah, don’t think he won’t take your show next.”