Computar problam my prend? WHITE DEVIL's speed up your PC guide.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2003
can i just switch em and make sure all wires and cords are in place?

best thing to do is just do it. That's the fun part. Seein they both old P3 chips on the boards. you may not have a problem. How and where was the replacement board stored. If you had it in a safe place...cool. If not. and you had it in the open...like in a box of spare shit in the garage...some connections or circuits on the board could be scratched or damaged. Or could of been exposed to some static electricity. I never folllowed the rule myself and have damaged some otherwise good boards with careless storage and handling. Also, even though they have P3 chips on board...the mother board itself could be different manufactuers. Eventhough, Windows will load default/generic drivers to get the board running. Sometines...that doesn't always go as expected and you need to search for the MB drivers for your board.

May 9, 2002
off topic, but.....can i switch the motherboards on two different comps?...they both are pentium 3's......just different makes ones hp and the other is gateway...i know which motherboard is good and which one is bad..can i just switch em and make sure all wires and cords are in place?
If the two mobo's are different model's, you will have to reformat your HD to the mobo.

Jun 3, 2006
word up..luckily they were exactly the same, it took me two night and hella visits to google and microsoft, but it worked perfect...right on yall....the only problem was the mouse would only work in safe mode, but i just took it off and reinstalled the driver for it and perfect..

May 1, 2003
word up..luckily they were exactly the same, it took me two night and hella visits to google and microsoft, but it worked perfect...right on yall....the only problem was the mouse would only work in safe mode, but i just took it off and reinstalled the driver for it and perfect..

the good ole days! You'll look back on this one day and wonder why it took so long. It's all about learning. Props!

jr916

Sicc OG
Jun 3, 2006
i got another question peoples........ive got to go today to hook up my sisters sound card but i already know theres no drivers for it.....can i go to the makers website and download the drivers???...if that works, when its lookin for the drivers, i just tell em the folder and it would be good to go?......right on for any help, and if you dont help me, well fuck you too...

Incar

Sicc OG
Sep 28, 2002
yea, get rid of that shit, i just got a new laptop and deleted everything that came with it and now run AVG FREE, Adware, ZoneAlarm Firewall, i havent paid shit for additional software, that include Microsoft Office, you just need to search for keys online and shit...