Computar problam my prend? WHITE DEVIL's speed up your PC guide.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
heres the programs i use that are guaranteed to keep your system good

Spyware - i use 3 of them
spybot - free program and a pretty good one
webroot - spysweeper
Lavasoft Ad-Aware

Anti-Virus
Kaspersky Anti-Virus

Registry - 2 good programs, dont fuck with hijackthis if you dont know what to get rid of
Jv16 powertools
hijackthis - free program

You can download the ones you have to pay for off of torrent sites like isohunt, demonoid, and thepiratebay or you can download the program directly off there sites and go to a site that has a bunch of keys

Jan 23, 2006
i have a 110gb hard drive, 65gb used, 45gb free and 1.5gb of ram.

why does it take my music folder (12gb) at least a minute to open up from a double click?

Jan 18, 2006
depends how many programs you have running at once and when you have used that much space on your hard drive it will definitely slow your computer down significantly, your computer a labtop? its hard to come across a pc with that little of space on your hard drive

Dec 25, 2003
i have a 110gb hard drive, 65gb used, 45gb free and 1.5gb of ram.

why does it take my music folder (12gb) at least a minute to open up from a double click?
Windows has to load the directory / contents into memory.

One thing you could try is making major categories and breaking it down from there.

In other words chop the folder into 3 or 4 folders, and chop those folders up.

You could break it down like types of music, areas, time periods, whatever.

Dec 25, 2003
depends how many programs you have running at once and when you have used that much space on your hard drive it will definitely slow your computer down significantly, your computer a labtop? its hard to come across a pc with that little of space on your hard drive
45 gigs is a pretty significant amount of space.

My computer at work has about 20 gigs free and I do fine.

May 9, 2002
Once your HD reaches the 20% free mark, you are gonna see significant slow down.

Word to the wise...your boot drive (the HD your PC boot's off of), should hever be more than 50% full. As a matter of fact, I always tell people to just put in a boot HD for strictly programs...and buy a SEPERATE non-bootable HD for all your media (music, movies, etc). This way, nothing gets cluttered.

Jan 23, 2006
Windows has to load the directory / contents into memory.

One thing you could try is making major categories and breaking it down from there.

In other words chop the folder into 3 or 4 folders, and chop those folders up.

You could break it down like types of music, areas, time periods, whatever.
yea i thought bout that but then i realized it could be broken down into too many categories... rap/rnb/bay/90's/old school/etc etc , just seemed like it would take longer to locate my music then originally.

Once your HD reaches the 20% free mark, you are gonna see significant slow down.

Word to the wise...your boot drive (the HD your PC boot's off of), should hever be more than 50% full. As a matter of fact, I always tell people to just put in a boot HD for strictly programs...and buy a SEPERATE non-bootable HD for all your media (music, movies, etc). This way, nothing gets cluttered.
thats what im thinking,i have a laptop so my best bet is an external hd to keep my stuff on