COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK 1 GAMES TO WATCH

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Watch them ALL goddamnit! I usually do a weekly break down of the important games to watch every week, but its football season again and as a football fan, YOU SHOULD WATCH ALL THAT YOU CAN....even the shitty SEC/FCS match ups.

Pac-10 games this week:

No. 14 USC at Hawaii

Despite Baxter being suspended, Barkley puts up 250 yds and 4 TD's against the inferior Warriors.

Arizona at Toledo

Toledo has a high powered offense, and not much else. However, AZ has a very good defense and a very underrated QB in Foles. Look for a healthy Grisby to run all over Toledo's weak MAC defense.

New Mexico at No. 11 Oregon

No Masoli? No problem. LaMichael James is suspended for this game, but it wont matter because Barner is just as explosive and the Ducks D is supposed to very good this year. Expect to 50 points on the board for Oregon.

UCLA at Kansas State

KSU and UCLA seem to be about even. Which is funny, because UCLA had one of the best recruiting classes last year. However, their OL is severely banged up, and Prince is just NOW getting back from an injury. Low scoring affair that could see UCLA down 0-1 to the season.

UC Davis at California

Cal by 3 TD's against a FCS team.

Sacramento State at Stanford

Stanford by 4 TD's against an FCS team. Luck will find out just how good he is without Toby behind him.

Washington State at Oklahoma State

Okie Lite is predicted to finish near the bottom of the Big 12 this year, and WSU has been the worst AQ team in the last 2 years combined. WSU will probably lose, but closer than some may think.

Washington at Brigham Young

UW hasnt won a road game since Nov. 3, 2007. They nearly beat BYU in 2008, but ended up losing and going 0-12. BYU lost a ton of talent and for the first time in 4 years, wont have Max Hall under center. Will be close, and defense will be the deciding factor of who wins.

No. 24 Oregon State vs. No. 6 TCU

Big time game for Quizz and Co. as they break in Katz at QB. TCU returns Dalton at QB and a very aggressive defense. OSU is known to start slow, and win late in the season. Would be nice if they could win all year. This game will be played at Dallas Stadium.

Portland State at Arizona State

ASU is picked to finish 9th in the Pac. However, they will crush PSU.

The biggest game of the week is no doubt this one:

No. 3 Boise State vs. No. 10 Virginia Tech

VT is "down" this year on defense, but return ACC player of the year Ryan Williams and SR QB Tyrod Taylor. Meanwhile, Kellen Moore returns after having the greatest TD.INT ratio in the history of the NCAA (39/3). BSU has the offense, but do they have the defense to stop Ty and Co.? If they do, they will go undefeated and possibly march in the NCG. Game will be played at Redskins stadium.

Mar 16, 2005
Hey dont forget the Colorado vs Colorado State, the in state battle to find out which team has the early lead to get rid of thier head coach first. ugh. usually so excited for this game, this year I may just dvr it

Mar 16, 2005
Its always an exciting game, though. I just wanted to so Pac-10 games. I didn't even list the FSU game because they play fuckin Samford. If they dont win by at least 30, we have issues down in Tallahassee
it is usually exciting I will give you that. 75% of the time I watch the game at a huge festival (tasete of colorado) we have in downtown denver. There is a big tent with plenty of big screens and flowing beer! fun to interact with fans of both sides. Most likely be there again this year, but also dvr'ing at home

May 9, 2002
No love for the Pitt-Utah game? weak
Utah is technically NOT in the Pac-10 yet, thus me not writing about it.

@SC-408

My heart says VT, mainly because its on the East Coast, and Tyrod is a big time gamer, and you can NEVER count out Beamer Ball. BSU is also not nearly as good on the road against big time teams as they are at home.

Im gonna say VT by a TD.

Aug 9, 2006
that was a decent opening night, USC may struggle a lil more then people think they actaully will.....hopefully oregon slips up somewhere and gives a chance 4 us Cal Bears to sit atop the pac this year

May 9, 2002
that was a decent opening night, USC may struggle a lil more then people think they actaully will.....hopefully oregon slips up somewhere and gives a chance 4 us Cal Bears to sit atop the pac this year
Cal cant put together a full season is seems. Somewhere down the line, they will have a mental breakdown, Riley will play like shit, or the injury bug will happen. If Cal could stay focused, healthy, and upbeat for an entire season, they would win the Pac ever year. The recruiting numbers alone would tell you that.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Lol Ducks are MURDERING new mexico. Even though NM sucks, the ducks look unbeatable. Lol Barner is a beast! 5 TD's and its not even halftime and hn isnt even the ducks starting RB! Lmao another duck td as im writing this! 49-0 and still 6mins to go in the first half! Go ducks!