college football National Championship Predictions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
i dont know about florida. they are gonna have to get by a tough Citadel team.
LOL, you know it.

Here's the complete team schedule.

8/30 Hawaii
9/06 Miami (FL)
9/20 @ No. 18 Tennessee
9/27 Mississippi
10/04 @ Arkansas
10/11 No. 7 LSU
10/25 Kentucky
11/01 @ No. 1 Georgia
11/08 @ Vanderbilt
11/15 South Carolina
11/22 Citadel
11/29 @ Florida State

Having LSU at home this year will help, but going to Tennessee, Arkansas, Georgia, and Florida St. will all be tough.

If they can get through the year with one loss, most likely vs. either LSU or Georgia, they should have a shot to play in the championship.

May 9, 2002
Yeah i dont feel anyone from the SEC will be in the NC game this year, simply becuase half that conferecne is so good that they are going to beat on eachother all season long.

Olahoma doesnt have a clear path either, as the Bis 12 North is No pushoever anymore. Mizzou looks real dangerous...on offense. Kansas is still there and e all know that Colorado is playing spoiler again this year.

I like USC's chances of getting there, simply becuase their defense looks unbeleivable and the offense will only improve over the season.

With that said, im still going with Oklahoma in the NC...seeing USC.

Jan 18, 2006
Georgia will lose at least one game the question is how will that effect them and will they still be at least #2 with 1 loss. USC aint a lock there gonna lose at least once also

May 9, 2002
Georgia will lose at least one game the question is how will that effect them and will they still be at least #2 with 1 loss. USC aint a lock there gonna lose at least once also
To who? Thay aint losin to Stanford again this year...not gonna happen.

OSU is WITHOUT Wells...with them, i STILL dont think OSU stands a chance.

Cal maybe? Its possible, but their defense allowed MSU 31 points. Thats about 50 in USC points.

Oregon? Their offense is suspect. They beat the shitr otu of UW, but UW SUCKS ASSHOLE. USC > Oregon.

Or ST. isnt gonna get lucky again this year either. Not two years in a row.

ASU? They are STILL soft. Their defense is suspect and they have NO runing game.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
No way that Texas is in the championship game...and I agree 100% about it being hard for the SEC to be there, with so many teams beating each other up.

For all the talk about the SEC not playing anyone ''tought'' out of conference...

...Florida, Georgia, LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, Tennesee, etc. >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other conference BY FAR. BY FAR.

May 9, 2002
No way that Texas is in the championship game...and I agree 100% about it being hard for the SEC to be there, with so many teams beating each other up.

For all the talk about the SEC not playing anyone ''tought'' out of conference...

...Florida, Georgia, LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, Tennesee, etc. >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other conference BY FAR. BY FAR.
The Big 12 looks real healthy this year. Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Mizzou, KSU, CU, Tech...all real good teams.

Although i still think the SEC is good, i still feel that their records get a bit inflated with all the cream-puff OOC's. They need some competition OUTSIDE of their conference to really convince me.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
The Big 12 looks real healthy this year. Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Mizzou, KSU, CU, Tech...all real good teams.

Although i still think the SEC is good, i still feel that their records get a bit inflated with all the cream-puff OOC's. They need some competition OUTSIDE of their conference to really convince me.
I can agree with what you're saying, about the OOC's...but Florida's OOC this year consists of Hawaii, Miami (FL), Citadel, and Florida State. I see one pushover (Citadel), even though Hawaii was a pushover to Florida, they've been a top-25 team consistantly the past 5 years, at least.

I understand that Florida has no control over what the other teams in the conferance do (record-wise), from year to year, but what's the difference between them scheduling a couple shitty teams, while playing LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, etc. every year, while some teams have MAYBE 1 other semi-decent team in their conference. I think the SEC, in some aspect, is similiar to the ACC in basketball (Duke, UNC, etc.), in that regard.

Oh well, hopefully Florida is still standing at the end of the regular season, ahead of the rest of the SEC, with no more than 1 loss. If so, I think they'll be in the championship game.

May 9, 2002
I can agree with what you're saying, about the OOC's...but Florida's OOC this year consists of Hawaii, Miami (FL), Citadel, and Florida State. I see one pushover (Citadel), even though Hawaii was a pushover to Florida, they've been a top-25 team consistantly the past 5 years, at least.
This year, some SEC trams have actually stepped up to the plate and played some competition. Now they need to work on playing BCS OOC's ON THE ROAD (like Tenn does).

I understand that Florida has no control over what the other teams in the conferance do (record-wise), from year to year, but what's the difference between them scheduling a couple shitty teams, while playing LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, etc. every year, while some teams have MAYBE 1 other semi-decent team in their conference. I think the SEC, in some aspect, is similiar to the ACC in basketball (Duke, UNC, etc.), in that regard.
The point is, people always say the SEC is the toughest conference because they go into division play and they are ALL undefeated. Well, they are undefeated becuase they all played cream puff teams. So now, the media can hype up a 3-0 Florida team and a 4-0 Alabama team. The fact of the matter is, they are both undefeated becuase of their Div 1AA games and lower-tier non-BCS teams. See how that works?

Oh well, hopefully Florida is still standing at the end of the regular season, ahead of the rest of the SEC, with no more than 1 loss. If so, I think they'll be in the championship game.
Quite possibly.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I understand completely ''how it works'', and what you're saying. But...what about hyping up a top-10 Pac-10 team, for example, who's won 8 games so far, including 6 against conference opponents who have sub-500 records. Like...beating Stanford does not equal beating LSU.

And I agree that, overall, the SEC is the ''toughest'' conference. Who would you give the nod to?

May 9, 2002
I understand completely ''how it works'', and what you're saying. But...what about hyping up a top-10 Pac-10 team, for example, who's won 8 games so far, including 6 against conference opponents who have sub-500 records. Like...beating Stanford does not equal beating LSU.
I agree. But if you look at the OOC's of the Pac vs the OOC of the SEC, you can see WHERE these teams get hype. Also, when SEC teams are pre-ranked in a VERY flawed system, it looks good to the masses too. What makes LSu ranked so high? THey lost a bunch to the draft, their number one QB going into this year got KICKED OFF THE TEAM (replacing him with a Harvard student?). So why did they get ranked in the top 5?

And I agree that, overall, the SEC is the ''toughest'' conference. Who would you give the nod to?
ALL conferences are tough...period. Now, there are some exciting, close games in the SEC...but so do ALL the other conferences...you just see the SEC so much because the medai SHOVES them down our throats. I mean, they have coverage on CBS for christ sakes, just like Notre Dame gets NBC.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
LSU annually has one of the top, if not the top, defenses in the entire country, IMO, which helps their cause. I would have them ranked about the same, at 7. But what puts a team like Missouri so high? Potential? Talent? That's why I don't put much stock in preseason rankings...Around week 5 they start to mean something. Obviously, a team getting knocked out of the top 25 (Tennessee) are virtually done with, as far as making a BCS bowl, but being ranked in the top 5 in the first week doesn't mean shit.

And the SEC is shoved down our throats so much, true...but maybe because a nail-biter between a top 10 ranked LSU and Auburn means more than a nail-biter between Stanford and ASU.

I love football, so I love watching good games, especially games with meaning. But I can understand what you mean, though; SEC football isn't as important to you, just like I get pissed off having to miss games where I live because the JAZZ are always on.

Bullshit.

May 17, 2004
LSU annually has one of the top, if not the top, defenses in the entire country, IMO, which helps their cause. I would have them ranked about the same, at 7. But what puts a team like Missouri so high? Potential? Talent? That's why I don't put much stock in preseason rankings...Around week 5 they start to mean something. Obviously, a team getting knocked out of the top 25 (Tennessee) are virtually done with, as far as making a BCS bowl, but being ranked in the top 5 in the first week doesn't mean shit.

And the SEC is shoved down our throats so much, true...but maybe because a nail-biter between a top 10 ranked LSU and Auburn means more than a nail-biter between Stanford and ASU.
i agree preseason rankings are complete bullshit. teams that arent in it have pretty much no chance at a national championship.

but please dont compare top sec teams against the crap teams in the pac 10 like stanford.
no one wants to watch stanford-asu but how about cal-usc or last years games like oregon-cal and oregon-usc