Collectivists Don't Believe Your Kids Belong To You

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
What exactly do you disagree with in that video?

One can actually go much further than this and argue that there should be a complete separation between parents and their kids and it's very very hard to present any sound arguments against that position.

Because the deeply evolutionary ingrained behavioral pattern of maximizing the social status of and the amount of resources available to your progeny is the very root of all our problems, and is currently rapidly driving us toward self-inflicted extinction. Therefore until we evolve something approaching eusociality (or rather, until we can engineer it directly because there isn't much of an evolutionary pressure in that direction in our lineage and it won't happen on its own) the only solution would be to break that connection by separating kids from parents at birth, erasing any information that links them and then raising them communally. The problem is this is going to become very difficult to achieve in practice thanks to technological advances - Gattaca-style ultra-cheap, portable full-genome sequencing is just a few years away. We missed the window of opportunity.

Props: StillHustlin
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz

One can actually go much further than this and argue that there should be a complete separation between parents and their kids and it's very very hard to present any sound arguments against that position.

Because the deeply evolutionary ingrained behavioral pattern of maximizing the social status of and the amount of resources available to your progeny is the very root of all our problems, and is currently rapidly driving us toward self-inflicted extinction. Therefore until we evolve something approaching eusociality (or rather, until we can engineer it directly because there isn't much of an evolutionary pressure in that direction in our lineage and it won't happen on its own) the only solution would be to break that connection by separating kids from parents at birth, erasing any information that links them and then raising them communally. The problem is this is going to become very difficult to achieve in practice thanks to technological advances - Gattaca-style ultra-cheap, portable full-genome sequencing is just a few years away. We missed the window of opportunity.
What I disagree with is the collectivist agenda. I believe in individualism. I believe in less government. I believe in preserving individual rights and national independence. I believe personal rights are not government given. When I was a federal employee, I took an oath to the constitution. That oath doesn't go away just because I am no longer a federal employee. Collectivists do not believe in the constitution as it warrants protections of individual freedoms and rights, something a government has no right to control. My children are my children, not yours. I don't ask you to pay anything for my children, I don't ask for your support in raising my children, I don't ask for your influence on my children. The United States government does not have my family's best interest in mind, I do. What we do with our lives is of no concern to others so as long as we are not harming others or violating their rights to life liberty and their pursuit of happiness.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2006

lollll
and you wonder why girls won't talk to you and you will die alone

if i ever had someone like you in my circle damn there would be problems

i have 3 daughters and laugh at your thought process
you shouldn't talk about kids and parenting since you aren't a parent

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
What I disagree with is the collectivist agenda. I believe in individualism. I believe in less government. I believe in preserving individual rights and national independence. I believe personal rights are not government given. When I was a federal employee, I took an oath to the constitution. That oath doesn't go away just because I am no longer a federal employee. Collectivists do not believe in the constitution as it warrants protections of individual freedoms and rights, something a government has no right to control. My children are my children, not yours. I don't ask you to pay anything for my children, I don't ask for your support in raising my children, I don't ask for your influence on my children. The United States government does not have my family's best interest in mind, I do. What we do with our lives is of no concern to others so as long as we are not harming others or violating their rights to life liberty and their pursuit of happiness.
Great.

Now tell us what happens when the individual rights that have already been granted turn out to jeopardize everyone's existence?

You have the following options:

1) Pretend there is no problem
2) Claim that you should still have your rights no matter what, the consequences be damned, your selfish is interest trumps the future of the species and even the planet
3) Agree that the sane thing would is to take away some of those rights

Somehow I have never seen any libertarian reach the enlightenment of option 3). It's mostly denial of the kind in option 1) and more rarely, brave defiance of the laws of nature of the kind in option 2)

Props: 2-0-Sixx

Filthy_Rich

My fit cost a rack
Oct 22, 2003
www.officialxraided.com
Great.

Now tell us what happens when the individual rights that have already been granted turn out to jeopardize everyone's existence?

2) Claim that you should still have your rights no matter what, the consequences be damned, your selfish is interest trumps the future of the species and even the planet

Somehow I have never seen any libertarian reach the enlightenment of option 3). It's mostly denial of the kind in option 1) and more rarely, brave defiance of the laws of nature of the kind in option 2)
Which individual rights are threatening everyone's existence? The right to raise your own child or are you talking about something else?

May 9, 2002
Great.

Do you love your mother? And no, thats not a pot shot at you...its a legitimate question. Yes or no.