Cena Haters Will Love This

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002
Breaking News: John Cena Out 6-8 Months
Written by Ryan Clark on October 02, 2007 at 16:13:11
There are 10 comments on this post. Add yours now!

The following is from WWE.com.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – WWE Champion John Cena has suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon and is heading into surgery, according to noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Because of the seriousness of the injury, WWE officials will not allow Cena to compete this Sunday at No Mercy, and he will have no choice but to surrender the title.

Dr. Andrews said Cena could miss between six and eight months of action. Cena was injured during his match Monday night on Raw with Mr. Kennedy. Before visiting Dr. Andrews, Cena had said, “No matter how serious, the injury, one way or another I’ll be ready to compete on Sunday.”

But despite Cena’s vow, WWE officials will not allow him to compete at No Mercy. Therefore, he must surrender the WWE Championship.

WWE officials vow that there will be a WWE Championship Match this Sunday at No Mercy and a new WWE Champion will be crowned.

Stay with WWE.com for further updates on Cena’s condition and on No Mercy as they become available.

There will be a new champ at No Mercy and Cena might be out long enough to miss Wrestlemania. This is a huge blow to the WWE. He's carried them through probably the most turbulant year of their existance, and now he's out 6-8 months. I definitely would've liked to see him lose the belt at a ppv, so they could do the heel turn that we all knew was coming. Looks like it'll be Orton's turn again.

May 4, 2002
Oh yeah, torn pec is the same injury that Edge had. Edge will be back next month. We'll find out more about Cena after the Smackdown tapings tonight.

Jan 2, 2004
its bad news because they kept the belt on him so long, and they never got to have it culminate with him losing the title...

Hopefully the Jericho rumors are true, and Jericho comes out in the main event and beats Orton for the title...

I bet Trips ends up beating Orton or something, though.

Jun 11, 2007
I would of rather saw Cena beat for the title. Now we get to watch him come back claiming he never lost it, o great... I really wanted to see Cena/Orton in a LMS, Could of been a match of the year candidate.

ty567

Sicc OG
Mar 26, 2006
like someone already said above, now we have to deal with the "i never lost my belt" crap when he recovers. its time for a change. give orton a shot at the top. or maybe to trips right now, and set up HHH - Kennedy for Wrestlemania

Oct 3, 2006
ty567 said:
like someone already said above, now we have to deal with the "i never lost my belt" crap when he recovers. its time for a change. give orton a shot at the top. or maybe to trips right now, and set up HHH - Kennedy for Wrestlemania
FUCK TRIPLE H, ITS ORTONS TURN TO HAVE A LONG REIGN, IF THEY GIVE IT TO TRIPLE H ANYTIME SOON, THEN DAMN WHAT A COINCIDENCE SINCE HIS WIFE IS ONE OF THE TOP OFFICIALS FOR WWE

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
that sucks seriously, now they are gonna whoop up cena more than ever cuz he never lost the title just like Batista.

Jun 11, 2007
SC_408 said:
FUCK TRIPLE H, ITS ORTONS TURN TO HAVE A LONG REIGN, IF THEY GIVE IT TO TRIPLE H ANYTIME SOON, THEN DAMN WHAT A COINCIDENCE SINCE HIS WIFE IS ONE OF THE TOP OFFICIALS FOR WWE
Shes in charge of the Creative Writing team but even she knows giving it to HHH right now is dumb. Give it to Orton, its the only choice I think they have, I think Orton was suppose to beat Cena this sunday anyways.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
Orton is doing really good right now, it is his time to hold the belt for a while.

Orton/Kennedy for Sunday?

I think it would be really fucking stupid to have Jericho return and have a title shot the same night, that's bullshit.

Besides, it's going to be HBK returning, not Jericho.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Masked Lemon said:
Orton/Kennedy for Sunday?
That is what initially came to mind for me aswell. Though, I'm not completely sold on this route, if they go this route one of them will walk in with an obvious Face slant as Heel/Heel matches hardly work.

If they wanted to give Orton the title, and still throw more fuel on the fire of Cena/Orton for down the road, they could always continue with the Cena/Orton advertised match, "Mr. Cena" that is. Though, this route wouldn't be the most logical as it would not make sense for Cena to sit home on injury after something like this happens. So... nevermind me.