Car Modding!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Uzzle

Sicc OG
Oct 13, 2004
Anyone here into modding there whip? I recently copped a new whip and I'm looking into adding a few mods to my car. Most likely wheels, HID Halos and Foglights and possibly adding a new front lip/bumper and dual exhaust.

Heres the same whip as mine but modded out.

May 31, 2006
i duno but i've seen some clean ass stock BMW rims on a few of them..

i'm tryin to get some black rims with a chrome lip on my crown vic. i had 17x9 cobras but they were too wide and rubbed the front wheel well. rim spacers didn't help much either.... it's crazy cuz i've seen crown vic's here in hayward on 20's, 22's, and shit

Uzzle

Sicc OG
Oct 13, 2004
Anyone know of any good sites to look rims? Even rim shops are coo too, I'll most likely visit them this weekend.

Nov 24, 2003
The cheapest way to get rims is befriend some cat that works at a rim shop. If they hook you up with a discount, you can't get cheaper rims on the net because of shipping.

Plus they normally will hook you up with free balancing, rotating, and switching back to your old rims in the winter months if necessary for as long as you own the rims.

I would also recommend going with a 3 piece rim, so in the event you curb that shit, you can just replace the barrel and not the whole rim, at like 1/5 of the cost of a new one.

Nov 24, 2003
In Cali you need to have 75% or more in the front, and you can have any tint in the back.

http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

I don't know how the cops do in Cali, but in WA the law is no less than 35% in any of the windows, I have been rolling around with 2.5% in the back and 5% in the front for the past two years without even a mention from a cop, even when I am being pulled over for speeding.

Nov 24, 2003
I dunno man. I looked at 3 seperate sites that said 75%. Plus 75% is almost nothing. I mean you can see right through 35%, so 75% would be like a light haze to your window.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
that bitch aint got no ass talkin about "dont zoom in on my ass"..thats the type of ass you would have to zoom in on even though he was 2 feet behind her.

Jan 23, 2007
I dunno man. I looked at 3 seperate sites that said 75%. Plus 75% is almost nothing. I mean you can see right through 35%, so 75% would be like a light haze to your window.
naw my boy got a ticket for that shit on the front...I never knew he had tint on the front it was that light:siccness:

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
i duno but i've seen some clean ass stock BMW rims on a few of them..

i'm tryin to get some black rims with a chrome lip on my crown vic. i had 17x9 cobras but they were too wide and rubbed the front wheel well. rim spacers didn't help much either.... it's crazy cuz i've seen crown vic's here in hayward on 20's, 22's, and shit
If you don't lift your Crown Vic (i.e. for 22" and up) you run into that problem because the wheel wells are quite a bit more shallow than say a Caprice. A lot of people I know have cut out the rubbing area or taken the wheel well comepletely out where applicable.

The cheapest way to get rims is befriend some cat that works at a rim shop. If they hook you up with a discount, you can't get cheaper rims on the net because of shipping.

Plus they normally will hook you up with free balancing, rotating, and switching back to your old rims in the winter months if necessary for as long as you own the rims.

I would also recommend going with a 3 piece rim, so in the event you curb that shit, you can just replace the barrel and not the whole rim, at like 1/5 of the cost of a new one.
That works surprisingly well if you play your cards right. Real talk.

i think im gonna smoke tint my lights this weekend for the fuck of expirimentation

does anyone know the maximum legal tint for front windows?
In most states you're not allowed to tint your front glass. A professional installer buddy of mine has 20% on his front glass and you might as well roll around with your headlights off. He loves it, but I'm normally about ready to puke when I get out because I can't tell what's happening in front of me. 75% doesn't add any contrast to your window, but it mostly adds a sunlight-reducing haze on the windshield. If applied incorrectly, it can cause the "kaleidoscope affect" to the front glass when street lights and natural light shines into your vehicle. It's a risky tint to apply and most of the time shops (in the south, at least) won't apply anything other than side and back glass tint.

Jan 5, 2006
i just got black covers for my lights.. i take them off at night because the light isnt as bright.

Im looking to get some projector/halo headlights for my car but i can only find them for expeditions or f150's.