Capitalism: A Love Story

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2007
Its doesnt read like that. How else is he supposed to get his message out there? And what is he doing with the profits?
exactly. people are going to watch it just for "entertainment" but it will hit them in the head and actually make the audience think. Jay Leno interviewed him and asked him what does he do with his profits. He said he donates it with his wife to certain charities but IDK and I dont really care. Dude puts people on blast and shares it with the world and thats what I like about him.

Aug 6, 2008
i respect what he does, most people with brains that actually read know how fucked up and corrupted everything is, and has been since the beginning, but he helps get all the common people riled up lol

Sep 17, 2007
I finally saw this yesterday. I thought it was good, we need people like him pressing the issues. Where the fuck is our money? I like the part where he's trying to make the Citizen's Arrest. After watching this movie though, i dont give a shit about owning a house, i'd rather not. me and my girl were going to buy a house to. butfuck all that, i'd rather rent for the rest on my life. its cheaper.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
I finally got to watch this tonight. I really dug this film like all the other films Moore has made. Once again, MM speaking the truth! No matter what evidence he provides though, there will always be that dumb ignorant class of folks who will continue to keep their head down in the sand. Fuck Capitalism!!!

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
Moore makes terrible movies in my opinion... I believe he'd have more credibility if he didn't twist footage into making it seem as things were a certain way... which are always in his favor... How he won an Oscar is beyond me, when he didn't even need to be in the "Documentary" genre...

And I'm not one of these right-wing nuts that watch Fox News everyday... I just think if you have a solid case against something, you should present it, without editing footage... That's what a true documentary is all about...

Jul 9, 2007
I like documentaries but most are all biased by who makes them. True documentaries that don't take a side or have an agenda are very very few and almost none existent in today's world.

Apr 2, 2010
Much like George Carlin all he does is present to you the irony of how the world is run in a humerous way, although George Carlin is far better than Moore at it. Now back to watching a classic:

May 9, 2002
Moore makes terrible movies in my opinion... I believe he'd have more credibility if he didn't twist footage into making it seem as things were a certain way... which are always in his favor... How he won an Oscar is beyond me, when he didn't even need to be in the "Documentary" genre...

And I'm not one of these right-wing nuts that watch Fox News everyday... I just think if you have a solid case against something, you should present it, without editing footage... That's what a true documentary is all about...
What specific footage did he edit and what exactly did he twist? I am not asking sarcastically, I really dont know.

However, he did make up a city in Washington called Bellington. I still cant find it on a map.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
What specific footage did he edit and what exactly did he twist? I am not asking sarcastically, I really dont know.

However, he did make up a city in Washington called Bellington. I still cant find it on a map.
Let me say first that I used to be a big fan of Michael Moore's films... Especially, "Bowling For Columbine", and "Fahrenheit 9/11"... both of those film to me brought both laughs and anger out of me, in a crazy way... but as I dig deeper I find out the hometown that Moore talks about so vividly isn't even where he's from... He's actually from the more well-to-do city of Davison, MI...

It goes farther though in the movie "Bowling For Columbine" in the scene where he supposedly opens up a checking account to get a gun, then walks out with the gun... It didn't happen... He did open up a checking account, and get a gun... but they sent it in the mail to him...

But the most compelling piece of the "Bowling For Columbine" movie was the interview with Charlton Heston which looks like Moore gets the upper hand several times... but you have to realize that this was two separate interviews spliced into looking like one...

I realize some of this doesn't pertain directly to the movie "Capitalism: A Love Story"... but these are just examples I'm aware of...