Capitalism: A Love Story

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002

'CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY' - In Theaters October 2nd

"It's a crime story. But it's also a war story about class warfare. And a vampire movie, with the upper 1 percent feeding off the rest of us. And, of course, it's also a love story. Only it's about an abusive relationship.

"It's not about an individual, like Roger Smith, or a corporation, or even an issue, like health care. This is the big enchilada. This is about the thing that dominates all our lives — the economy. I made this movie as if it was going to be the last movie I was allowed to make.

"It's a comedy." — Michael Moore

:beard:

Nov 24, 2003
I was going to post this but figured everyone would shit on my thread. So thanks

People would give MM more credibility if he spent less time trying create entertainment value at the expense of the issue he is supposedly exploring.

His films do present interesting information, but they are not much more worthy of praise than Bill O'Reilly bringing less than competent guests on his show and then talking over them whenever possible.

From CNNMoney;

By now, a Michael Moore film is its own genre: a vigorous vaudeville of working-class sob stories, snippets of right-wing power players saying ugly things, longer interviews with experts on the Left, funny old film clips and, at the climax, Moore engaging in some form of populist grandstanding.
I would much rather see a documentary legitimately produced based on "Confessions of an Economic Hitman", "Bowling Alone", or "Corporate Warriors" as examples.

Aug 19, 2004
I'll skip it.

Not really a fan of Moore's filmaking style. I was interested in seeing him have an honest debate and discussion with the spokesperson/president of the NRA in Bowling for Columbine. Instead he went in with an antagonistic attitude that didn't really accomplish much.

Plus, it seemed like both, liberals and conservatives were voicing their outrage with the bailouts and the connections between the support for them and the campaign donations of the congressmen.

I don't see how much more light he can shed on the subject that hasn't already been covered.