Can we agree that the SEC = overhyped?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 2, 2003
Let me throw sum teams out there...

TENNESSEE...AUBURN...LSU...shit...i think VANDERBILT was even ranked at one point also..and then u can throw GEORGIA in there also...preseason number 1...gets BLOWN OUT..not once but TWICE...

but TENN..AUB..LSU...i think best represent the bias the SEC gets...all 3 were at one point inside the top 15...AUB and LSU were at one point both in the top 10..right now AUB=5-6...LSU=7-4..TENN=4-7....and most importantly all 3 have losing conference records..

i realize they got the "number one team in the country"...but EVERYONE knows ALABAMA aint that team...they pretty much r gifted that spot cuz they play in the "best conference in the country"...ill give em props for a having a good season...but theres no way in hell they are the number 1 team in the country...

the funny thing is...ALABAMA gets the least amount of coverage for a #1 team!!!!...i think its probably bcuz every1 knows they r gonna get rolled by florida...and me personally..i do not think ALABAMA would hang with anyone in then top five (OKLA, TEX, SC, FLA)...

I kow ppl like to bag on the pac-10 for weak conference play...but ALABAMA for example...beat GEORGIA which was a good win...but at the same time...FLORIDA also beat the shit outta em...and their other "big" win...is against LSU...which obviously aint even impressive at this point..

Apr 5, 2005
Alabama plays in a weak SEC West conference. They didn't play anyone good other than Georgia and Georgia was over hyped. Florida is on a rampage after that lost to Ole Miss. I would like to see Alabama in the BCS title, but it's probably not likely.

May 17, 2004
every conference has good teams and shitty teams..

the problem to me is the preseason rankings. i dont think ranking should start until the 4th or 5th week.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Huh. I can see your point. But I don't think the SEC is overrated as a whole...I think a few of the regular ''good teams'' are having a down year. How often does more than 1-2 of these teams have a year like this? LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Florida...they're perennial powerhouses. Maybe 1 team might have a bad year, but the rest aren't as down as they have been. Where was this thread the past couple years when they were ALL top teams?

I don't think there should be rankings until about week 5...and then there SHOULD be a playoff system. I get tired of the ''you lost to this team who lost 1 more game than the team my team lost to'' arguements. I want a playoff system, where, for example, Florida could meet USC in the semifinals this year, and stomp a fucking mudhole in their asses, and shove Carrol into his starting center's ass.

Florida Gators. SEC Champs. NATIONAL CHAMPS.

Jan 2, 2003
Huh. I can see your point. But I don't think the SEC is overrated as a whole...I think a few of the regular ''good teams'' are having a down year. How often does more than 1-2 of these teams have a year like this? LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Florida...they're perennial powerhouses. Maybe 1 team might have a bad year, but the rest aren't as down as they have been. Where was this thread the past couple years when they were ALL top teams?

I don't think there should be rankings until about week 5...and then there SHOULD be a playoff system. I get tired of the ''you lost to this team who lost 1 more game than the team my team lost to'' arguements. I want a playoff system, where, for example, Florida could meet USC in the semifinals this year, and stomp a fucking mudhole in their asses, and shove Carrol into his starting center's ass.

Florida Gators. SEC Champs. NATIONAL CHAMPS.
y do u have so much animosity towards USC?

i hate to break it 2 u dawg...but its not like florida has played the most difficult teams up 2 this pt...there "biggest" win was against georgia...LSU is 7-4 now...MIAMI is 7-4...SOUTH CAROLINA is 7-4..

they play florida state this week...they r 8-3...u can argue that this is going to b one of their more difficult games on the year...

im not really sure how that adds up to a killing of USC...but i guess i dont have the same kind of haterism as u do..

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I don't ''hate'' USC; I think they're a piece of shit program who can suck my ballsack (twice).

LOL nah, but seriously...I don't ''hate'' them. Well, maybe I do. So what? I'm not saying Florida has played the most difficult schedule. Where'd you get that from? But I do feel that the talent level on a Georgia, LSU, or possibly South Carolina team is superior to an Oregon, Stanford, Cal, and probably Oregon State team that USC faces. So what? It's a matter of opinion. And I think that Florida has a better all-around team than USC, and that they are playing as well as anyone could play at the right time in the year, so I PERSONALLY think that IF FLORIDA AND USC PLAYED EACH OTHER RIGHT NOW, FLORIDA would win. And I don't think it would be overly close, either. Not a blowout, but a 2 td win for Florida.

With the amount of talent that Georgia and LSU, for example, has on their teams (...well, not LSU's offense as much as it's defense), they have UNDERACHIEVED this year...the hype, IMO, was deserved, but the end result was subpar.

We can go round and round and round and round...

The SEC had 6 teams in the preseason top 25...and only 2 (Georgia and Florida) who will probably still be there at season's end.

The Big Ten had 5. One more team? Where's your thread about them?

USC is overhyped, IMO; you're doing it yourself. Who, besides an Ohio State team without an identity (or starting RB at the time) did they beat?

Jan 2, 2003
im not hyping USC...im just wondering what evidence u have that they would get blown out by any team...whether it be OKLAHOMA or FLORIDA..

y would i make a thread about the big 10 when everybody already knows they suck...

how was the SEC hype deserved??...ppl actually thought LSU had a good QB?...or even AUBURN?...or TENN??...these teams r GIFTED these rankings based on the fact they play in a overhyped conference..just like the big 10...however...all these SEC fans act like their conference is so far ahead of anyone else..

they didnt underachieve...they r just not great teams...most of em r pretty good at best..

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Since 5 SEC teams finished in the top 25 at the end of last year, I don't think it's unfair to put them up there.

I'm not saying there are all great teams in the SEC, but you're making it seem like it's ridiculous to put them in the preseason top-anything, because they're obviously garbage, right?

In fact, I don't need to even ''act like'' my team's conferance is so far ahead of anyone else. My TEAM is better than anyone else.

LOL

Jun 20, 2006
^^^^^good point...
only thing i hate about the SEC is that their fans and cfb analysts are on their dick all the time....the comment that "SEC has the best defense in the nation, mostly low scoring games due to great defense" is the case ive been hearing from fans and cfb analysts....that is also why they say the sec is a better conference than the big 12 cuz the big12 doesnt play defense...BULLSHIT...with the ONLY exception being florida who can put points up...name an offense in the sec that has the firepower the big 12 has...i can bet 100% if a "GREAT" sec team with "GREAT" defense went up against either Missouri, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State they would get 35+ dropped on their ass....i do believe that Florida is top 2 team in the nation...but alabama isnt a top 5 team...dont give a fuck about record...the SEC has a couple GREAT teams....but more average or below average teams....

Jun 20, 2006
how the fuck can u say the big 12 is over-rated...are u fucking kidding me? name a fucking conference who is better....and list the fucking games played to prove it!!! how many conferences can say 3 teams could possiblly play for the conference championship and how many can say that 2 teams have true LEGITAMIT reasons to be in the national championship??? ABSOLUTELY NONE...and there is no argument to counter my statement...put alabama in the big 12...they go MAYBE a game over .500...put LSU in and they are below .500.....georgia in the big 12 would be one game over .500.....the big 12 has the top 4 players in the heisman race....the sec has..hmmm.. one legit candidate but has no chance of winning...its no contest...big 12 best confernce...and in no fukin way overatted...if u think so give reasons...dont just agree....the big 12 is dominant and the big 12 south is amazing....does the sec have 3 teams with one loss?? i didnt think so...o FLORIDA has one loss AT FUCKING HOME against a shitty team...the top 3 in the big 12 all have respectable losses each..cuz they lost to a top 8 ranked team...end of fucking story

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
how the fuck can u say the big 12 is over-rated...are u fucking kidding me? name a fucking conference who is better....and list the fucking games played to prove it!!! how many conferences can say 3 teams could possiblly play for the conference championship and how many can say that 2 teams have true LEGITAMIT reasons to be in the national championship??? ABSOLUTELY NONE...and there is no argument to counter my statement...put alabama in the big 12...they go MAYBE a game over .500...put LSU in and they are below .500.....georgia in the big 12 would be one game over .500.....the big 12 has the top 4 players in the heisman race....the sec has..hmmm.. one legit candidate but has no chance of winning...its no contest...big 12 best confernce...and in no fukin way overatted...if u think so give reasons...dont just agree....the big 12 is dominant and the big 12 south is amazing....does the sec have 3 teams with one loss?? i didnt think so...o FLORIDA has one loss AT FUCKING HOME against a shitty team...the top 3 in the big 12 all have respectable losses each..cuz they lost to a top 8 ranked team...end of fucking story
I think it went over your head...

And you're mad. Wow. Calm down, little man.

LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn...they're having down years this year. No way are they better than Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech...Missouri isn't on their level, though, so they're a toss-up.

But, yeah...Florida has ''one loss at fucking home against a shitty team''...but wait until the championship game before you try to talk shit about them.

Jun 20, 2006
redrum i wasnt talkin shit about florida..i am praying to god if oklahoma gets to the NCG we dont play them.......like i said they are a top 2 team...but statistically each big 12 teams loss is against good ranked opponents on the road...and NO the sec is not the best conference in college football...and NO the bottom teams would not wipe the floor with most other conferences top teams....auburn wouldnt beat texas, tech, oklahoma, oklahoma state.....neither would LSU and i'll be damned if tennessee could even put points up...

May 9, 2002
The sec is the best conference in college football....has been for years....our bottom teams would wipe the floor with most other conferences top teams
This is assumption, not fact.

The SEC has been bloated for years, and the media sucks their cock like its got the cure for AIDS in it.

and LOL @ "our bottom teams would wipe the floor with most other conferences top teams"...yet Tennessee couldnt even beat hapless UCLA.