cable gone

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 4, 2003
as stated Hue Jackson > Tom Cable.. he's responsible for our offensive turnaround and is tha play caller.... now he gets to lead tha show.. team should stay intact

Dec 4, 2006
Dumbest move ever...

but in Al Davis world being a .500 team and having a 8-8 record is not enough for him, so that's why he gave Cable the Axe.

Firing a guy that all players vouched for and wanted him as a coach again...just wow!

Yes Hue Jackson is a great OC, but man...I don't see the raiders going nowhere next season...BAD MOVE on Al Davis....

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
WOW........i personally dont like the move at all. Hue Jackson better get shit done. AL, i hope you know what your doing with your old ass......you a legend and all but C'MON MAN!!!! I wish tom cable good luck with whatever happens to dude. I hope a team gives him another chance to coach in any form somewhere else.
Cable WILL end up with another team.....maybe not as a head coach, but an assistant or something. The guy proved he can coach this year. And he also proved it with one of the worst owners in America.

i wish him the best.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
dys·func·tion also dis·func·tion (d
s-f
ngk
sh
n) n. Abnormal or impaired functioning, especially of a bodily system or social group or in two words: OAKLAND RAIDERS

edit: i would never switch teams ever but im seriously think about not buy any raider gear or going to games. Al u aint gettin my money no more. even though im still a raider till death. im not happy with the inconsistancey. it like having you mom date a bunch of dudes after your dad died. its nerve racking*

* just an anology

Mar 16, 2005
I like all the raiders fans saying Well hue will be HC...Shit he's interviewing with niners today, and I wouldnt doubt a couple other teams show interest too, whats to say he even stays??
BAD BAD BAD MOVE AL, which is why we all love ya! Shit I'll take Cable roaming the denver sidelines in some capacity.

p.s.

I told y'all it was gonna happen yesterday!!!! lol man I get no love here for my breaking stories.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I like all the raiders fans saying Well hue will be HC...Shit he's interviewing with niners today, and I wouldnt doubt a couple other teams show interest too, whats to say he even stays??
BAD BAD BAD MOVE AL, which is why we all love ya! Shit I'll take Cable roaming the denver sidelines in some capacity
I'm pretty sure he'll stay in Oakland

Dec 4, 2006
Hue Jackson is being interviewed so teams can satisfy the Rooney Rule....but he's gonna stay in Oakland...

Damn I'm hearing that a lot of raider players that going on free agency will be leaving due to Cable gone....

that's a huge setback for the raiders...

Sep 29, 2003
this move has me fucking distraught...this coupled with the fact I lost the key to the jobsite I tiled, and if I dont find this fucking key they gotta re-do the locks and I'm out 1500$...fuck my life man. Off to roam the snowbanks with a metal detector, wish me luck guys

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
It's simple.... it came down to Cable vs Jackson and Al is going to choose Jackson, especially since the Raiders doubled their scoring from a year ago. More credit goes to Jackson since he was calling the plays. If Cable stayed and Jackson left, then the Raiders would have to start over and find a new offense. With Jackson staying, the offense will be the same. Plus I think Al doesn't want any qb controversies next season, so we'll have the Jackson/Cambpell tandem take over.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
It's simple.... it came down to Cable vs Jackson and Al is going to choose Jackson, especially since the Raiders doubled their scoring from a year ago. More credit goes to Jackson since he was calling the plays. If Cable stayed and Jackson left, then the Raiders would have to start over and find a new offense. With Jackson staying, the offense will be the same. Plus I think Al doesn't want any qb controversies next season, so we'll have the Jackson/Cambpell tandem take over.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Al Davis = the Raiders cancer

He needs to go.
If Cable stayed and Jackson was let go, the critics would be saying the samething.... "Al screwed up by letting Jackson walk"..... It's a hard decision for Al but he has to do what's right for his organization and that's keeping Jackson instead of Cable.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
another crazy start to the off season. I'm so use to this type of Move from Al that im not surprised nor do I expect big thangs next season. oh well, aint shit I could do

May 3, 2002
If Cable stayed and Jackson was let go, the critics would be saying the samething.... "Al screwed up by letting Jackson walk"..... It's a hard decision for Al but he has to do what's right for his organization and that's keeping Jackson instead of Cable.
you tell me what's better......keep Jackson so he doesn't walk or fire Cable and have a lot of players walk? It isn't that much of a tough decision for someone with common sense, it's too bad that's something that Al Davis lacks