Byrdie on x104.5!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 30, 2002
they aint laggin.. they purposely aint sending it.. cause ITS A FACT... that MAJORITY (not all... i cannot emphasize that enough) does not like that type of music he is making... this is a gangsta-rap message board... byrdie is no longer in that genre.. he is more back packer style... dont take offense EW... i think you got some good shit on your show :devious:

pz

Apr 25, 2002
Byrdie's new album is solid

Not as much depth as his SLR album, but track 14 about his dad is a real incredible track. Great beat, deep lyrics etc.

True it is not gangster rap, and I do love gangster rap, but he hooked up with the towns best hip-hop beat makers (just like he hooked up with the towns best gangster rap beat maker on Poetic Epidemic), so I would definitely say ANY NW RAP FAN needs this album.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
If reaper radio is gangsta rap only, then i aint sendin EW no tracks of mine, cuz my shit is just as commercial as Byrdies, if not more. I can really come with the cheese when i try.

Point being....slide this man the track and don't worry about the format. If more backpackers submitted tracks, more backpackers would get played. Its not a lack of support or open-mindedness....its a lack of songs to play.

Apr 25, 2002
www.evilwayz.com
ill accept any trackz.....im glad you diggin what we doin inasense......but the show is not a "gangsta" only show........i just put shit i think is hot..........send me what ya got Tad........and anybody else for that matter........

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Wow.

X104 plays pretty much everybody that gives them music. Now if you said KUBE 93 was playin' it....that would mean something. But being that it didn't even make it past the trial run on Future Flavors (unlike the D-Sane produced track "Player's Policy Pt. 2".....wait! I thought I was just a "gangsta rap" producer? :rolleyes: ) it must not be that hot of a song.

And when has Byrdie ever been considered a "gangsta rapper"? You know where he fucked up? When he decided to become a creampuff rapper and lose the Dirty Byrdie image. People actually LIKED that shit. I heard a bunch of people brought their CD's back to ARS asking for their money back.....lol.

Byrdie is a misguided soul looking for direction and gettin' it from the wrong people. Me and him may not have always seen eye to eye.....but the truth is that I brought the best out of that guy music-wise. You know it......I know it.....and the FANS know it.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:
but the truth is that I brought the best out of that guy music-wise. You know it......I know it.....and the FANS know it.

Even though I like his new album, and as much as I would like to disagree with that, I can't. I think Poetic Epidemic was a fuckin classic album. Almost every song on that album was tight, where as on the new album I skip through about 1/3 of the album.

As far as the "Dirty Byrdie vs Pretty Byrdie" thing goes, I thought it was tight. But times change and so do people, to each his own....

Nov 30, 2002
the people here have spoken... this site is mostly gangsta music... and the "dirty byrdie" style was grimey/gangsta... which i agree... poetic epidemic brought out some tight shit in byrdie (i.e. lyrics)... dont hate on the dood for trying to build a new fanbase... he found something he liked.. and hes goin for it.. whats wrong with that? just like you..d-sane.. have found the type of hip-hop you enjoy... that grimey, raw, gangsta sounding stuff... aint nothing wrong with that... keep doing your thing... no need to look down on what byrdie is doin now tho... yeah x104 may play alot of stuff... but its a start... you had to start somewhere... he has to start somewhere... hes doin something he feels is the best for him... he may be wrong... or he may not be wrong.... i guess we'll see

like i've said in the past... everyone got their own feel for music... some may liek it... some may not.... aint no problem wit that

pz

Nov 30, 2002
speakin on kube... byrdie also has an event with some KUBE Dj's.... called "Crush" every Wednesday @ Mr. Lucky with 4 kube dj's B Mello, Scene, Big Mike and XTC Hosted By Byrdie

pz

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
I think his new material is alright, but that track they played on KUBE last week was just....well, weak. The lyricism completely dropped off in favor of the corn. And i dont wanna hear the "women dont care" crap, because i know Byrdie is better than that.

As for X104....wish i could get it, but cant. Hopefully ill be bumpin it next year though...

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
What I wanna know is.....WHAT MAKES YOU THINK ANYBODY AROUND HERE GIVES A FUCK? Go post up your ghetto reports on www.backpackrappers.com then if this is supposedly a "gangsta rap" board (according to YOU). They aren't willing to contribute the music to Reaper Radio but you feel the need to speak on Byrdie all the time on here? I don't get it. Sounds pretty contradictory to me.

@TADOU.....you can listen online to X104.

Nov 30, 2002
d-sane i havent said anything about you or your crew or your fam or your homies.. before yes.. and i apologized... but that was months ago... and yet it seems like you're hatin on at me... for no reason.. whats the deal? i havent done nothin to you... thats shady ass shit.. im sure if i posted something about your shit on a board that really didnt give a crap you would say something to the point of "oh well you tried" or "thank you for trying".. see my point?

btw... the lac album was pretty tighti listened to it at my homies... good work on that project

pz