Brain Scan that can tell peoples intentions before they act

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 8, 2005
|GOD|||ZILLA| said:
so... 'bout this whole brain scan thing.. it says they can know whether you're goin' to do somethin'.. say, commit a crime.. what if you change your mind... i always change my mind.. like today.. i wanted guiness earlier.. but now i feel like a newcastle.
if this reseach conitnues, eventually i would think similar chemical precursors will be found that trigger your "change of mind". this isnt minority report yet, this is new research in its infancy.

Aug 6, 2006
ThaG said:
thanks

I didn't understand how this is a "God gene" though, it is an allele of VMAT2, not a gene....
Really, I don't see the big deal with this whole "God Gene" thing anyways because it doesn't help the case of the believer at all. It sees to explain away faith as a bunch of chemical processes, even though the evidence for this is extremely speculative.. They're not in the stage of trying to figure out the evolutionary advantage of such a gene or allele...

This was one (not most) theologian's way of trying to compromise..

"Religious believers can point to the existence of God genes as one more sign of the Creator's ingenuity — a clever way to help humans acknowledge and embrace a divine presence"..

^^Even though that would go totally against the doctrine of free will... Ain't no God Gene...

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
HERESY said:
Bold emphasis was my reason for posting it and the other article. Yet these "scientific minds" will toss out anything dealing with the brain, and only want to use dna when it suits their agenda.
well, the existence of an allele of a gene that predisposes to religious beliefs is a very strong evidence against religion and the idea of God

because if there was a "God gene" it would have been present in every one of us, but that's not the case, quite the opposite - it's an allele of a gene that has other functions that does that

in a way all people who believe in God are mutants....

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
well, the existence of an allele of a gene that predisposes to religious beliefs is a very strong evidence against religion and the idea of God
No it doesn't have to be.

because if there was a "God gene" it would have been present in every one of us
Why do you believe this?

but that's not the case, quite the opposite - it's an allele of a gene that has other functions that does that
ok

in a way all people who believe in God are mutants....
How so?

Dec 4, 2006
there's no such thing as a brain scanner that will tell what we gonna do in the next hour or so...

the brain has a mind of its own...once it clicks it...you do it...how will a machine tell what Imma eat in the next 5 mins? what if I don't want to eat steak and i want fried chicken instead...

ahhhhh I'm telling you..the world seems to amaze me everyday...

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
DFresh77 said:
there's no such thing as a brain scanner that will tell what we gonna do in the next hour or so...

the brain has a mind of its own...once it clicks it...you do it...how will a machine tell what Imma eat in the next 5 mins? what if I don't want to eat steak and i want fried chicken instead...

they can't do it yet, they tell it in the article, the methods aren't sophisticated enough

but that will change, probably it won't happen any time soon, but it will happen some day, my guess is simple brain scans will not be completely sufficient, I don't know how detailed they are, but I highly doubt the resolution limit is a single neuron and that's what you need to make that kind of prediction, but technology advances rapidly, we don't know where we're going to be in 15 years

Dec 8, 2005
DFresh77 said:

exactly, and a year ago there was no such thing as a brain scanner that predicted what you would do in the next few moments, this is progress

Oct 14, 2004
^^Sure your all those things you pretend to be on here.

I did. I understand that you "think"your better because you know "some" information that you post on the siccness. Then proudly boast like a little kid who found a toy. Understand that? Probably not. Go back to the siccness. Dont worry your still cool on here. Well at least to 1 or 2 people. To me though your a fraud. But hey lets not ruin this post.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Rob S4 said:
^^Sure your all those things you pretend to be on here.

I did. I understand that you "think"your better because you know "some" information that you post on the siccness. Then proudly boast like a little kid who found a toy. Understand that? Probably not. Go back to the siccness. Dont worry your still cool on here. Well at least to 1 or 2 people. To me though your a fraud. But hey lets not ruin this post.
As originally stated, you don't know anything about sarcasm. :) have fun junior.