Brady Is No Montana!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I hope today's SuperBowl quiets all these dumbass comparisons. Brady is not on Montana's level. I don't give a damn if the stats are similar or if Brady almost has as many SuperBowl rings as Joe, he is not the best of all time and he is definately not better than Joe Cool. Montana has never lost the big one. Brady had an opportunity to come back and at least tie the game at the end, but did nothing. Those were the moments that Joe Montana shined.

@ Tony, you tried to say Brady doesn't get rattled.. I said that's because he never gets hit. Well, he got hit today and look what happened. He did nothing. He looked like an average QB. He looked like shit until the drive that ended with the Moss TD, and even on that drive he just threw short passes. He was getting hit, and he got rattled. Montana got hit all the damn time, but he found ways to win in the end.

The debate ends here. The Patriots of 2007 are NOT the best team of all time and Tom Brady is NOT the best QB of all time.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^cause he lost the SB? thats kinda dumb is u ask me. brady can never be montana and montana can never be brady. what happens if brady wins 3 more? i highly doubt it but then what? he's still young and because of that i feel he can surpass montana but he hasnt yet. he has more SB's than montana had at this age in there career so anything possible.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
lol damn Fatal, i was actually gonna post a thread like this but just said it in the greatest qb thread, but i agree.. Brady isnt touchin Montana

Apr 25, 2002
^^^cause he lost the SB? thats kinda dumb is u ask me. brady can never be montana and montana can never be brady. what happens if brady wins 3 more? i highly doubt it but then what? he's still young and because of that i feel he can surpass montana but he hasnt yet. he has more SB's than montana had at this age in there career so anything possible.
The only reason I say this is because the main argument for Brady is his SuperBowl wins. That's really the only thing they can bring up when comparing him to Joe Montana. Brady had EVERYTHING in place this season and couldn't get it done. Montana has NEVER had anything like that happen. All I heard for the past month is shit like "if Brady wins the SuperBowl he will be better than Montana." I never agreed with that, but now that it didn't happen the argument is out the window. The Patriots as a team are great, they are one of the best dynasties of all time, but Brady is NOT the best QB of all time. Sorry. He's not even the best QB currently playing.

I can come with a plethora of reasons as to why Montana is better than Brady, but those arguments have already been made all over the web so I'll leave that out. All I'm saying is today should end this debate, at least until Brady takes his team to two more SuperBowls (and WINS). That 16-0 season was blinding folks.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^i agree that montana is the best all time and would've been regardless of happened in tonights game. i feel he's the best now but thats all opinions and not far fetch so that dont matter. he didnt get it done yeah but that aint because of brady, thats because the defense killed him and there was nothing he could do. it wasnt brady who couldnt get it done cause he actually scored when down late in the 4th like usual but the defense couldnt stop there offense so u cant blame brady with nothing.

IMO brady will eventually surpass montana and i feel he will win atleast one more BS maybe even more. but when brady retires then this argument can be fair cause montana is the best and we're sitting here trying to argue a point with someone who only played 8 years.

Apr 25, 2002
^^^i agree that montana is the best all time and would've been regardless of happened in tonights game. i feel he's the best now but thats all opinions and not far fetch so that dont matter. he didnt get it done yeah but that aint because of brady, thats because the defense killed him and there was nothing he could do. it wasnt brady who couldnt get it done cause he actually scored when down late in the 4th like usual but the defense couldnt stop there offense so u cant blame brady with nothing.

IMO brady will eventually surpass montana and i feel he will win atleast one more BS maybe even more. but when brady retires then this argument can be fair cause montana is the best and we're sitting here trying to argue a point with someone who only played 8 years.
I hear you homie, all I'm saying is the debate should be ended. Brady has yet to prove he is better than Montana, but that 16-0 season had people running their mouths.

I actually like Tom Brady, unlike most people here. I've never had anything against him and I enjoy seeing him succeed. The only thing I don't like is the comparison to Joe.

Nov 7, 2006
I hear you homie, all I'm saying is the debate should be ended. Brady has yet to prove he is better than Montana, but that 16-0 season had people running their mouths.

I actually like Tom Brady, unlike most people here. I've never had anything against him and I enjoy seeing him succeed. The only thing I don't like is the comparison to Joe.
i neevr liked it either but the reason he is compared is because he is a hated on QB like montana was and no1 said he was great but wehn playoffs came around he played the best and won games that they shouldnt win like brady. i see why there compared and can see why ppl think montana will be betetr cause he's so young and doing this.

iller than ill somewhat has a point though krazee
yeah cause aikman was a great QB but i never said shit about it so why are u directin this towards me? all i said is that he's hatin callin him gaydy when he's just jelous that he dont have em on his squad

Nov 7, 2006
^^^^not at all but u werent hating and u were saying congrats on ur team. i said congrats on ur team's season even though i'm not a dallas fan i just showed respect when it was due which i though you were doing.

it's like u guys are scared of a big bully at school and try to be his friend but once someone finally has there day and takes em out u kick em in the teeth. the pats bullied everyteam and y'all held it in until this and i dont get it.

with the exception of raider fans and the russain