Boxing News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Im gonna go to that fight no doubt. Ward is gonna punish him

Yall watch pavlik on espn last night beat the shit out of that dude? Pavlik didnt want to knock him out, just wanted to keep beating him up since he was talkin shit.

Jul 24, 2005
Pacquiao versus Bradley: What the hell just happened?

boxingby Geoffrey Ciani - Where to even begin?! There were so many questions going into last night’s mega bout showdown between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley, and many of these questions were actually answered. For starters Manny Pacquiao showed that he is still at an elite level. His speed, power, and timing simply proved too much for Bradley’s abilities. To his credit Bradley came to fight, but time and time again he was rocked by left hands that just could not miss the mark. That was essentially the story of the fight.

I myself scored it 118-110 for Pacquiao, and I did not think the rounds were particularly hard to score. I gave Bradley rounds 10 and 11. I can see an argument for maybe giving him the final round, and if you really wanted to stretch it, maybe the first and the second both of which I believed were close, yet clear rounds for Pacquiao. That the judges somehow awarded this decision to Bradley is maddeningly inexplicable!

Before we even get into the decision, which was more shocking to me than when the first bout between Lennox Lewis and Evander Holfyield was ruled a draw, let us examine the fight itself. Right from the onset it was apparent that Bradley was the fastest opponent Pacquiao has faced in quite some time. Bradley started well and seemed to have the edge tactically, as Pacquiao began cautiously and had not quite timed Tim’s rhythm. This pattern continued through most of the opening stanza until a booming left from Pacquiao caught Timmy on the forehead. This in itself might not have been enough to steal the round for Pacquiao, but a few follow up lefts in the waning seconds ensured that he did.

The fight remained competitive over the next two rounds and had some good action and nice exchanges. Bradley was here to fight, but Pacquiao was visibly stronger and was landing some good left hands, and even sneaking in a few tricky right hooks for good measure. Bradley was doing well for long stretches where he would briefly maintain a slight advantage, but then Pacquiao would explode with a series of power combinations that would shift momentum his way. Bradley was coasting through a large portion of the fourth in one such stretch, but once again Pacquiao would literally steal the round with a furious frenzy, and he managed to hurt Bradley towards the end when he outmaneuvered Tim on a pivot. Pacquiao then landed another series of damaging shots that left Bradley looking like he might be ready to go. At this point in the fight there were some fairly competitive portions of each round, but I saw things 40-36 in Pacquiao’s favor.

Pacquiao was in cruise control during the middle rounds. His left hand was finding the mark with great regularlity and Bradley had no real answers. Pacquiao was landing the telling shots, and Bradley at times appeared discouraged and almost disinterested in fighting. He was retreating more and mixing it up far less, and in the rare instances he did let his hands go Pac-Man almost always got the better of it. The question at this point seemed to be whether or not Pacquiao would score a stoppage. The rhythm of the fight was turning into a forgone conclusion because Pacquiao had accumulated such a wide lead and Bradley did not have the power to slow Manny down.

Bradley began making a fight of it again in round nine. It was clear he needed to do something, and to his credit he fought bravely. He was willfully engaging and mixing it up with Pacquiao and he even managed to tag Manny with some nice crisp blows that rocked his head back. Despite getting bolder, standing toe-to-toe, and landing some of his best punches of the match, Pacquiao was still getting the better of Bradley and landing crushing blows that put the difference in power on display. In round ten, however, Bradley would finally win a round clearly. This was largely due to the fact that Pac-Man seemed fatigue and was not throwing the volume of punches we are accustomed to seeing. This enabled Bradley to outwork Pac-Man. The same thing happened in round eleven. While these were rounds that were clearly Bradley rounds in my eyes, Pacquiao had slowed down considerably. The final round was close and probably could have gone either way, but Bradley just started winning rounds too little too late. Bradley made a fine account of himself, fought bravely, and helped make portions of the fight entertaining. But the real story here should have been about Pacquiao winning impressively, but having newfound stamina issues down the stretch just before the start of the championship rounds.

Officially Bradley was awarded a split decision. Judges Duane Ford and C.J Ross both scored it 115-113 in favor of Bradley, while Jerry Roth had the same tally for Pacquiao. Earlier in the broadcast HBO’s unofficial scorer, Harold Lederman, did a breakdown of the judges for the main event. In a nutshell Lederman was displeased with the overall quality of judicial selection for this particular contest, citing inexperience and questionable past calls. He stressed that he wishes the Nevada State Athletic Commission was more selective when choosing judges, and he was quite critical of the Ross selection. In fact Lederman stated something to the effect that Ross could be a concern due to being easily swayed by crowd reactions and also because of having scored so few title fights. Thinking back on this it almost acts as an eerie foreshadowing of things to come.

Some fans are now even suggesting that Bob Arum played a hand in all of this. Anyone who has visited a boxing message board with some regularity knows that many boxing fans blame Bob Arum as the number one obstacle preventing the fight everyone has wanted to see for years now—Manny Pacquiao versus Floyd Mayweather Junior! With the surprising verdict awarding Bradley the fight, fans are once again echoing these exact same sentiments, claiming Arum benefits most from this because now he gets a big money rematch between two of his prize horses, which yet again further prolongs any possibility of seeing a Pacquiao-Mayweather showdown. Of course fans are always going to react suspiciously when they believe the wrong man has had his hand raised, and naturally they are going to look somewhere to place blame. In the immediate aftermath of this fight, it would seem the majority of outraged fans are glaring over in Bob’s direction.

Some observers may view this as a form of poetic justice given the fact many believed Pacquiao was given a gift in his majority decision win against longtime rival Juan Manuel Marquez in November. On the other hand, most boxing fans just want to see the right man get his hand raised, and most do not believe that happened on this night. The shame of it all is that this decision overshadows what was otherwise a fairly decent matchup that had some entertaining moments along the way. Pacquiao showed he can still overcome the distractions and that he is still a world class talent, but he did show some deficiencies in terms of stamina. His work rate was considerably less, and tactically his power assaults are being neutralized with greater frequency in recent bouts. Bradley showed that he is extremely tough, very brave, and that he is a difficult nut to crack. But against Pacquiao the only advantage that truly served him well was his superior conditioning that came into play late in the fight when Pacquiao uncharacteristically faded.

Both fighters made good accounts of themselves, but the event has a bittersweet aftertaste because of the controversy in the scoring. This is not a fight that is going to be perceived as the worst robbery in recent times. Brandon Rios being awarded a split decision against Richard Abril was atrocious, and of course Erislandy Lara’s majority decision loss to Paul Williams was a disgrace! I do not believe this one will be viewed on that caliber of “robbery”, but make no mistake—the majority of the fans, do indeed view this as a “robbery”. This is never a good thing for the sport, especially when the general public already views the sport of boxing with an inherent degree of mistrust. When the public believes the wrong man was awarded a decision in a high profile fight like this, it only amplifies the cynical attitude of onlookers.

What happens next is anyone’s guess, but for now we will have sit back and wait, as the possibility of a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight seems even more remote now than ever. Apparently they are contractually obligated to have a rematch on November 10. Will the fans even care?

Jul 24, 2005
Manny Pacquiao won in my eyes- but he is showing clear signs of decline!
June 10th, 2012

By Colm Hutchinson: I just posted an article of my thoughts on what was a blatantly bad judging decision. Having watched the fight again, this time with the sound off, I once again had Manny Pacquiao as the clear victor, this time 115-113, again trying to give Tim Bradley rounds wherever possible. This was to see if I could come somewhere close to the 2 ringside judges scores.

I still couldn’t possibly find 7 rounds for Bradley. I based my scoring on; punches landed, effective punches (i.e. damaging punches), power shots, effective aggression and ring generalship, giving a score out of 5 for each. Then I tallied up these scores to decide the winner of each round. I still had Pacquiao the clear winner.

We can’t change the decision, that’s boxing unfortunately, but I would like to speak about the Pacquiao performance. All in all, it was disappointing to be honest. Yes, he won the fight on my card and was superior to Bradley in almost every department, but it was completely his fault that the judges could even consider it possible to give the close rounds to Bradley.
Gone it seems is the dazzling in and out, side to side monster that was Pacquiao, pressuring his opponents from the first bell to the last. Instead, Manny seemed to take the first 2 minutes of each round off, smiling at Bradley and constantly smacking his gloves together hoping Bradley would engage. When he decided to go to work he was winning every exchange and staggered Bradley a number of times. Yet, he just didn’t do this often enough and was happy to bounce around for the first 2 minutes before finally trying to unload some shots in the last minute of each round.

From rounds 8 onwards he seemed happy that he was winning the fight comfortably (which he was), and tried to coast through the rest of the fight, which allowed Bradley to win a few of the final rounds (I gave him the 10th and 12th), and could possibly see how the 11th was given to him as well.

To me, it seems Manny is suffering from a number of things this late in his career. Firstly, it’s clear he has lost his killer instinct. He could have really closed the show after the 4th round when Bradley was in trouble. If he had have really piled on the aggression from the 5th-7th round, I have little doubt he could have ended the fight with a KO. Instead, he just didn’t show the venom and determination to go after a clearly shaken fighter and take him out. This is not the Manny that destroyed Diaz, Morales or Barrera. It’s not the Manny that wouldn’t let up on DLH in the 8th round.

Secondly, has the wear and tear just reduced his stamina completely? I think this is why he took the first 2 minutes off in each round. From the 8th round, I noticed he was breathing through his mouth which is something we are not accustomed to seeing with Manny P. This is the whirlwind that could throw 70-100 punches a round for 12 rounds. His output tonight wasn’t near that and he suffered as a result.

These two big factors allowed the decision to be taken from him, when it was in his power to leave no doubt as to whom the better fighter is. I think the vast majority of spectators agree, Manny clearly won the fight and was robbed by a bad decision, but I worry that he has reached the end of the line. His legacy has been built on non-stop aggression and all out attack. I only saw that tonight in very small bursts and I feel his best days are definitely behind him.

Jul 24, 2005
Pacquiao vs Bradley Controversy: Rift Between Team Bradley, Bob Arum

An ugly spat is developing between Top Rank promoter Bob Arum and Timothy Bradley's manager Cameron Dunkin, as Arum made a public claim that Dunkin had scored last night's controversial fight 116-112 for Manny Pacquiao, which Dunkin tells BoxingScene.com in quite colorful language is not the case:

"I never said anything like that. It's total bullshit. The guy called me Cameron fucking Diaz. The guy is a fucking idiot. For him to say that I said [Bradley] won eight to four is the most ridiculous thing. Why he would say that I have no idea."

The Cameron Diaz bit is in reference to Arum slipping up and saying "Cameron Diaz" instead of "Cameron Dunkin" at Wednesday's press conference, which was a funny moment that got a laugh from everyone. Not so funny now, I guess.

Star-divide

Here's what Arum said that sparked the retort, which includes a claim that Bradley told Arum he didn't think he'd won, before the scores were read:

"When I came into the ring [after the fight], I said to Tim, 'You did very well,' and he said 'I tried hard and I couldn't beat the guy. You talk about killing boxing. Even [Bradley's manager, Cameron Dunkin] had it 8-4 for Pacquiao."

Dunkin says he scored the fight 115-113 for Bradley, which is the score that two of three judges had in the split decision win over Manny Pacquiao.

Jul 24, 2005
Bradley Upsets Pacquiao: Arum Worried About Boxing's Credibility, But Not Rematch Money

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum is upset with what happened last night in Las Vegas, as Timothy Bradley won a controversial split decision over Manny Pacquiao, but he's not worried about making money with the already essentially scheduled November 10 rematch between the fighters.

"This is nuts," Arum said. "People don't know what they're watching anymore. I'm going to make a lot of money (with a rematch). But who is going to take this sport seriously?"

The Hall of Fame promoter is fielding a lot of heat -- some aren't really buying that he's upset, or even that he much cares at all. Some have compared his press conference "performance" to that of a stand-up act more than an angry promoter who feels his fighter was truly wronged. Teddy Atlas hinted at some corruption, saying he'd heard that Manny Pacquiao was on his way out at Top Rank (he didn't specify contract or retirement), but that's just one of a thousand conspiracy theories floating around.

I don't know. I have no idea. I'll admit that.

Star-divide

One has to wonder how much money there will be in a rematch. Look, most of the "I'll never watch again!!!" folks will come back. Right now, this is a budding, potentially damaging scandal of possible epic proportions, but it could all just become Boxing As Usual, too, and the promo videos will get going and everyone will tune in to see Pacman's Revenge and all that shit.

It will depend on how this fight did, of course, on PPV and at the gate. It will depend on how much interest there is coming out of this, and not just outrage.

Pacquiao (54-4-2, 38 KO) says he wants the rematch in November, and that he wants it in Las Vegas. Bradley (29-0, 12 KO) doesn't have any choice, really, unless he's not healthy by then or something, and he was rolling around in a wheelchair at the post-fight presser.

As for Arum's supposed concerns about boxing's credibility, well, I take that about as seriously as I would take any other promoter saying the same thing. I don't much buy Oscar's rambles about "cleaning up the sport!" and all that, and I have to admit I'm not much buying Arum being concerned about the state of boxing's credibility. He's been around too long and seen too much -- and seen too many of these nights.

Jul 24, 2005
Say Goodbye To Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao? Floyd Senior Says No

By James Slater - For every person that is currently moaning and groaning about the controversial split decision win Tim Bradley was last night awarded over Manny Pacquiao, there is another person complaining over how the mega-fight that was Floyd Mayweather-Pacquiao will never happen now.

It certainly does look even more doubtful now that that fight, at one time the biggest and most exciting match-up in all of boxing, will ever get made.. Tim Bradley beat Mayweather to it and - officially at least - defeated the great Pac-Man. The return fight is being looked at for November, and if Pacquiao wins (as millions of people had him doing last night) maybe we will see a rubber-match. This scenario would prevent Mayweather and Pacquiao from getting it on for another nine or ten months; and by then Pac-Man will be 34, and “Money” will be 36.

The fight that could have been so huge had it taken place in 2009 or 2010 will not be anywhere near as special now, if it does still happen. A tarnished super-fight is still better than nothing, but those fans who gave up a long time ago on Floyd and Manny ever fighting will feel no need to get excited about the fight’s chances of happening now.

But Floyd Mayweather Senior, in talking to ESPN.com, said he thinks the fight will happen and that it will still be “the biggest ever.”

“When [Mayweather and Pacquiao] are getting ready to fight, it’s going to be as big as ever anyway,” Mayweather Senior said. “When they fight, it’s going to be the biggest ever. I say when, because there is a good possibility that fight will take place.”

It would be very interesting to hear what Mayweather Junior has to say on the matter; as it would be interesting to see what he thought of last night’s controversial decision in favour of Bradley - if Floyd actually saw the fight in prison, that is (his dad had Pacquiao winning). Will Mayweather now be in a position to be able to offer Pacquiao the less than fifty-fifty share of the purse he always wanted to? Or will Mayweather take aim at Bradley upon his release from prison instead?

To many fans, the boat has sailed on Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao and it’s totally the fault of the two fighters and their teams who, between them, postured, argued and squabbled away a potential $200 or $300 in revenue.

Jul 24, 2005
Timothy Bradley Hospitalized with Injuries after beating Manny Pacquiao

By Johnny Benz, Doghouse Boxing. - Shortly after the post fighter presser to the controversial fight between Timothy Bradley and Manny Pacquiao, Bradley the winner by split decision had to be admitted to the hospital to be attended to by Doctors. Bradley showed up to the post fight presser bound in a wheelchair with two pretty banged up feet. He could not walk. It was pretty clear, he needed some medical attention.

Bradley believes he broke his left ankle in the second round. Around the 5th round he injured his right ankle and it started to swell up in a major way.

Regrading why he kept on fighting when he thought he had already broken the first ankle and then tweaked his other ankle, Bradley told the conference room: "I wasn't quitting," adding, "This was Manny Pacquiao."

Bradley had to leave the press conference where he was then Hospitalized to have Doctors check over the extent of his injuries with x-rays and properly treat him. As of yet no word on Bradley's condition has been released.

Well if it is true, he had a broken ankle... then who can deny that Bradley is one tough S.O.B.!

May 13, 2002
Seattle
www.socialistworld.net
Manny and Arum get a taste of their own medicine. I scored it 8-4 for Manny...same as I scored Marquez over Manny. Vegas judges are a fuckin joke!
not quite. the marquez/pac fight(s) were close. 47-1 major press and boxing sites had pac beating bradley. With Pac/Marquezz III it was pretty split, with a draw being the most common. Take a look:

Jake Donavan boxingscene.com 115-113 pacquiao
Cliff Rold boxingscene.com 115-113 pacquiao
Graham Houston Fight News.com -Pacquiao
Stephen Edaward boxing talk.com- 116-112 Pacquiao
Scott Shaffer boxing talk.com- 115-113 Pacquiao
Greg Leon Boxing Talk.com - 115-114 Pacquiao
Doveed Linder Boxing talk.com-114-114 Draw
Mike Slone, SecondsOut.com: 116-113 Marquez
Robert Guerrero: Marquez
Steve Cunningham: Marquez
Marvin Hagler: Marquez
Steve Kim, MaxBoxing.com: 115-113 Marquez
Graham Shaw, sportinglife.com: 116-113 Marquez
Recah Trinidad, Inquirer.net: Marquez
Max Kellerman, HBO: 114-114 Draw
Brian Arman Graham, Sports Illustrated: 114-114 Draw
Tim Dahlberg, Associated Press: 114-114 Draw
Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports: 114-114 Draw
Kieran Mulvaney, ESPN/Reuters: 114-114 Draw
Dan Rafael, ESPN: 114-114 Draw
Brian Campbell, ESPN Mobile: 114-114 Draw
george Elsasser, BraggingRightsCorner.com: 114-114 Draw
Jake Emen, ProBoxing-Fans.com: 114-114 Draw
Jeff Powell, Daily Mail (UK): 114-114 Draw
Gareth Davies, London Telegraph: 114-114 Draw
Larry Merchant, HBO: Draw
Elie Seckbach, ESNews.com/AOL News: 114-114 Draw
Teddy June, RingJunkies.com: 114-114 Draw
Rick Reeno, BoxingScene.com: 114-114 Draw
Robert Ecksel, Boxing.com: 114-114 Draw
Frank Baltazar, Fight Manager/Inductee, California Boxing Hall of Fame: 115-115 Draw
john Whisler, San Antonio Express: Draw or Pacquiao
Hamlet Kim, Christian Post: Draw or Pacquiao
Adam Pollack, The Cyber Boxing Zone: Draw or Pacquiao
Chris Broussard, ESPN: Draw or Marquez
Justin Tate, BleacherReport.com: 114-114 Draw
Bam on Boxing, ************.com: 114-114 Draw
Doug Fischer, Ring Magazine: 114-114 Draw
Steve Carp, Las Vegas Review-Journal: 114-114 Draw
Gary Andrew Pool, The Atlantic: 114-114 Draw
Leighton Ginn, Desert Sun: Draw
Doveed Linder, **********.com: 114-114 Draw
Bob Papa, HBO: Draw
Andrew Eisele, Boxing.about.com: 115-115 Draw
Charles Horgan, Boxing Tribune: 114-114 Draw
Kevin Cunningham, Boxing Trainer: Draw
Harold Lederman, HBO: 116-112 Pacquiao
Joseph Herron, FightSaga: 116-112 Pacquiao
Scoop Malinowski, *************: Pacquiao
Cliff Rold, BoxingScene.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
Jim Lampley, HBO: Pacquiao
Randy Gordon, former Chairman, New York State Athletic Commission; former editor, Ring Magazine: Pacquiao
Allen Barra, The Atlantic: 116-113 Pacquiao
Sean Sullivan, BoxingDigest: 115-114 Pacquiao
Michael Rosenthal, Editor, Ring Magazine: 115-113 Pacquiao
Jake Donovan, BoxingScene.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
Ken Hissner, DogHouseBoxing.com: 118-110 Pacquiao
Jose Castillo, Fight Manager: Pacquiao
James Foley, BleacherReport.com: 115-114 Pacquiao
Anthony Lee, ************.com: 116-112 Pacquiao
Graham Houston, FightWriter.com: Pacquiao
Danny Serratelli, ********Boxing.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
Ace Freeman, FightFan.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
Tony Paige, WFAN/CBS New York: Pacquiao
Eurosport Yahoo!: 116-115 Pacquiao
Scott Shaffer, **********.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
Nate Ravitz, ESPN: 117-111 Pacquiao
Patrick L. Stumberg, MMAMania.com/SBNation: 115-113 Pacquiao
Colin Seymour, FrontPageBoxing.com/Examiner.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
Jason Peck, ********Boxing.com: 116-112 Pacquiao
Steve Busfield, The Guardian: 116-114 Pacquiao
Nick Fox, Bad Left Hook: 115-113 Pacquiao
Stephen Edwards, **********.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
Dan Hill, Wall Street Journal: Pacquiao
Max Parker, Boxing Watchers: 115-114 Pacquiao
Adam Hirshfield, Bleacher Report.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
King J Gladney, BleacherReport.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
Michael David Smith, AOL NEWS/MMA Fighting.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
Madra Uladh, ********Boxing.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
Michael Woods, TheSweetScience.com: 115-114 Pacquiao
Brad Cooney, 8CountNews.com/Examiner.com: Pacquiao by one round
"Old Yank" Schneider, Boxing.com: 115-114 Pacquiao
Sam Gerasi, DogHouseBoxing.com: Pacquiao
Greg Leon, **********.com: 115-114 Pacquiao
Darrell La Montre, **********.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
Don Donatello, NowBoxing.com: Pacquiao
Terra (Brazil): 116-112 Pacquiao
Joel Huerto, SportsFanLive: Pacquiao
Robert Smith, General Secretary, British Boxing Board of Control: Pacquiao
Blake Dreisbach, BleacherReport.com: 116-112 Marquez
Gabriel Montoya, MaxBoxing.com: 116-112 Marquez
Ron Borges, The Sweet Science/Boston Herald/Ring Magazine: 117-112 Marquez
Tim Smith, New York Daily News: 116-112 Marquez
Lem Satterfield, Ring Magazine: 117-111 Marquez
Mark Lyons, 8CountNews.com: 116-112 Marquez
Michael Marley, The Examiner: 115-113 Marquez
Mike Coppinger, ******.com: 115-113 Marquez
Al Bernstein: 115-113 Marquez
Wayne McCullough: 115-113 Marquez
Ryan Maquinana, BoxingScene.com: 116-113 Marquez
Matt Hamilton, EsNews.com: 116-115 Marquez
Ed Graney, Las Vegas Review-Journal: 115-113 Marquez
Bob Sheridan: 115-114 Marquez
John Katsilometes, Las Vegas Sun: 115-114 Marquez
Bart Barry, 15Rounds.com: 117-113 Marquez
Bill Dwyer, Los Angeles Times: 115-113 Marquez
Pedro Fernandez, RingTalk.com: 116-113 Marquez
Chris Williams, ************.com: 117-111 Marquez
Eric Raskin, TheSweetScience.com: 116-112 Marquez
Lyle Fitzsimmons, The Sports Network: 116-112 Marquez
Steve Bunce, BBC: 117-111 Marquez
Matt Lynch, BoxingToday: 116-112 Marquez
Chuck Giampa, Retired Boxing Judge: 116-112 Marquez
Glyn Leach, Boxing Monthly: 115-113 Marquez
Briggs Seekins, BleacherReport.com: 115-113 Marquez
Oly Goldstein, BadLeftHook.com: 116-112 Marquez
Johnny Benz, DogHouseBoxing.com: 118-111 Marquez
Lance Pugmire, Los Angeles Times: 115-113 Marquez
George Willis, New York Post: 115-113 Marquez
Rich Thomas, ProBoxing-Fans.com: 116-112 Marquez
Raj Parmar, 3MoreRounds.com: 115-113 Marquez
Norm Frauenheim, 15Rounds.com: 115-113 Marquez
Martin Rogers, Yahoo! Sports: 115-113 Marquez
James Slater, ********Boxing.com: 116-112 Marquez
Nick Tylwalk, BoxingWatchers.com: 115-113 Marquez
Bob Velin, USAToday: 115-113 Marquez
Chris Manix, Sports Illustrated: 116-112 Marquez
Igor Guryashkin, ESPN: Marquez by one round
Brent Brookhouse, SB Nation: 115-113 Marquez
Will Cooling, FOX Sports/InsideFights: 118-110 Marquez
Andrew Fruman, The Boxing Bulletin: 116-112 Marquez
Ben Thompson, FightHype.com: 115-113 Marquez
Scott Mallon, Ring Magazine/TheSweetScience.com/TheFist: 117-111 Marquez
Dan Ambrose, ************.com: 116-112 Marquez
Kevin Mitchell, The Guardian: 117-114 Marquez
Paul Magno, The Boxing Tribune: 115-113 Marquez
Jerry Izenberg, Newark Star-Ledger: 115-114 Marquez
Robert Morales, Los Angeles Daily News: 116-112 Marquez
Scott Christ, Bad Left Hook: 115-113 Marquez
Fox Doucette, The Boxing Tribune: 115-113 Marquez
Henry Ramirez, Boxing Trainer: 116-113 Marquez
Thomas Hauser, SecondsOut.com: 116-113 Marquez
Gerardo Granados, ************.com: 116-112 Marquez
Robert Guerrero: 116-112 Marquez
Steve Kim, MaxBoxing.com: 115-113 Marquez
Graham Shaw, SportingLife.com: 116-113 Marquez

Mar 24, 2006
I was thinking "it must be a bunch of pac haters" but then I talked myself out of it because I thought "surely thre aren't that many faggots out there that hate that dude that much that they think he lost" but I'm starting to believe that there are that many out there
The vast majority of my friends that are Mexican don't like em' due to the fact that he bitchslapped alot of their boxing heros from the homeland. You know alot of those votes were bitter Floyd groupies too.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
I don't know any Mexicans, including myself, who don't give Pacman props for the "bitchslapping" (as you say) he gave our heroes. Only thing we're mad at is the robbery of his last fight with Marquez. At the end of the day, boxing politics take over and you gotta look at who's making MONEY off the results. Tim, Arum and Manny ALL are gonna make huge paydays on the rematch. Not that hard to comprehend how it works...just sad the sport has come to this.

Mar 24, 2006
I don't know any Mexicans, including myself, who don't give Pacman props for the "bitchslapping" (as you say) he gave our heroes. Only thing we're mad at is the robbery of his last fight with Marquez. At the end of the day, boxing politics take over and you gotta look at who's making MONEY off the results. Tim, Arum and Manny ALL are gonna make huge paydays on the rematch. Not that hard to comprehend how it works...just sad the sport has come to this.
I know a shitload of Mexicans that can't stand Pac for that very reason. Giving someone props doesn't mean they still don't resent the guy in some shape or form though. Lebron is the best basketball player in the world and I'll give him his props but that still doesn't mean I gotta like em'.