Bought a Canon EOS Rebel T1i today

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 15, 2007
www.facebook.com
Jan 5, 2006
Nikon > Canon when it comes to Sharpness.

Canon > Nikon when it comes to lens costs.

Nikon has no answer to the 5D MKII though. Love that camera, takes nice HD 1080p.

Jun 25, 2005
It's fact. Go ask any photographer. What's sharper a Nikon or a Canon? They will all say Nikon. As a matter of fact, go to Kenrockwell.com and look at the comparisons he's done yourself.

Still think I'm a tad bit biased?
Actually dude doesnt really say ones better than the other...and he's right...everyone can have their opinions about Nikon or Canon but its more of a preference thing...and sharpness really has more to do with how fast your lense is and not specifically the brand

KenRockwell.com said:
"Nikon and Canon are as good as each other. Each are multi-billion dollar optical companies who have been making some of the world's best optics for numerous consumer, military and industrial applications for decades and decades."

"They are different, but just as good. Anyone who tries to tell you that one or the other are garbage isn't paying attention, and most likely doesn't have the other to sell you. Nikon and Canon compete so heavily against each other that if one really were better or worse they would have gone out of business long ago."

"These are my opinions based on my decades of using Nikon SLRs. As I'm now buying Canon myself out of curiosity I'm learning much more. Since so many smart people shoot Canon I want to learn what I'm missing. For now, here are my observations."

Jan 5, 2006
My point isnt that canon sucks, in fact i was gonna get one but my nikon was cheaper.

My point was that Nikon tends to take a bit sharper pictures, if you compare side by side. True the lens also make it sharper but if you take the same lens.. lets say nikon 18-55 and canon 18-55, same aperture, same shutter speed, same iso. Nikon will probably be a bit sharper.

Apr 15, 2007
www.facebook.com
I was actually going for the nikon d90 but the canon ended up being way cheaper. I really wanted a nikon, but I spoke to a few photographers I know and they all recommended canon. These guys had previously owned nikons too, so they weren't biased opinions. I think they're both great SLRs, unless you're comparing the two down to every little detail. I'm extremely satisfied with my camera, though.

Sep 24, 2006
i need to get a decent camera the last one i had i had to get cheap for like 75 one of those generic digitals but i need to invest in a real one just dont know what to go with its been a few years since i messed with cameras so i have no idea whats good and bad anymore