BOLTS VS DONKEYS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
Honestly, I think I'm tainted by living in SD when Brees was there and they pushed him out for Rivers and everything went south. It's not all Rivers fault but I think he's been really disappointing overall.
Rivers "really" disappointing? How so? He's had a great career. Many teams in the league would like to have him.

Also, do you know why Brees was "pushed" out ?

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Rivers "really" disappointing? How so? He's had a great career. Many teams in the league would like to have him.

Also, do you know why Brees was "pushed" out ?
I already said that. But to further explain it, they had a better QB in Brees. He wanted more money than Rivers could get as a rookie, but even with Rivers at his best and having one of the best teams overall in the league, they failed over and over in the playoffs. Compared to what Brees has been able to do with less of a team, Rivers has been disappointing. His numbers have been good but not great by any means. He's not a bottom half QB, but he's far from great.

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
I already said that. But to further explain it, they had a better QB in Brees. He wanted more money than Rivers could get as a rookie, but even with Rivers at his best and having one of the best teams overall in the league, they failed over and over in the playoffs. Compared to what Brees has been able to do with less of a team, Rivers has been disappointing. His numbers have been good but not great by any means. He's not a bottom half QB, but he's far from great.
Cool post, but you obviously have no clue of what you speak. First off, Rivers was drafted and signed when brees was still the QB here. The ONLY reason rivers was drafted was because brees sucked really bad. Didn't know if he had it....his last year here brees had a good season. However, he suffered a possible career ending injury to his throwing shoulder. Since the chargers already had rivers on the bench. They decided not to resign brees., whom was a free agent. Brees wasn't exactly a popular player on the market. Only the dolphins and saints showed interest. In fact, the dolphins elected to sign Dante culpepper Instead of brees. Brees has come back and been better than ever. He defied the odds. That's kudos to him but to no fault of the chargers or rivers

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I don't remember that happening that way at all lol Obviously most of my friends were Chargers fans when I lived there and pretty much none of them want to see Brees go. If I'm not mistaken, they wanted to keep him but weren't sure if they were going to be able to and put the franchise tag on him. I thought the chargers had a better record with Brees there than they did though, I had to go back and look at that.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Breed was released cuz he hurt his shoulder in the last game of the year and nobody though he would even get close to his normal self.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Cool post, but you obviously have no clue of what you speak. First off, Rivers was drafted and signed when brees was still the QB here. The ONLY reason rivers was drafted was because brees sucked really bad. Didn't know if he had it....his last year here brees had a good season. However, he suffered a possible career ending injury to his throwing shoulder. Since the chargers already had rivers on the bench. They decided not to resign brees., whom was a free agent. Brees wasn't exactly a popular player on the market. Only the dolphins and saints showed interest. In fact, the dolphins elected to sign Dante culpepper Instead of brees. Brees has come back and been better than ever. He defied the odds. That's kudos to him but to no fault of the chargers or rivers
Beat me to it...

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I don't remember that happening that way at all lol Obviously most of my friends were Chargers fans when I lived there and pretty much none of them want to see Brees go. If I'm not mistaken, they wanted to keep him but weren't sure if they were going to be able to and put the franchise tag on him. I thought the chargers had a better record with Brees there than they did though, I had to go back and look at that.
rivers got us to 14-2.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Then 14-2 doesn't matter than either does it? The QB gets the credit and blame a lot of the time because they have the most control over a game. They manage the game for the offense which typically scores the points. To some extent or another, it's the Coaches and QB that are most responsible for wins. But that's why I said they had a great team that year. They had enough to win it all, but with a better QB, they might have. That's the difference between Alex Smith and Kaepernick. NFC Championship game or the Super Bowl.

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
Then 14-2 doesn't matter than either does it? The QB gets the credit and blame a lot of the time because they have the most control over a game. They manage the game for the offense which typically scores the points. To some extent or another, it's the Coaches and QB that are most responsible for wins. But that's why I said they had a great team that year. They had enough to win it all, but with a better QB, they might have. That's the difference between Alex Smith and Kaepernick. NFC Championship game or the Super Bowl.
Not really. That championship game lose was not rivers fault. Neither was it Alex smith's fault that kid fumbled twice or whatever it was.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Not really. That championship game lose was not rivers fault. Neither was it Alex smith's fault that kid fumbled twice or whatever it was.
I don't remember that Chargers game well enough to pin it on Rivers, but as far as Smith, I do blame him for a lot of that loss. He never went downfield. Some of that was playcalling, but mostly it was about his ability. It was the same thing with Jeff Garcia back in the day. He was one of the first guys in a long time that broke the 4,000 yard mark in a season, but he rarely threw downfield and it was difficult to watch. The Niners were winning, and that's great, but they were limited in what they could do. When it came down to playoff time and you're facing the best of the best, defenses could focus on your strengths. If you can't stretch the field and keep the defense guessing, you're probably going to lose. Same with Alex Smith. He got some confidence after Harbaugh got there, but he still couldn't throw downfield. That's why as soon as Kaepernick got the chance to show what he could do, Smith never played again in SF. He was good enough to lead KC to be a really solid team, but they were bounced first round in the playoffs.

Mar 16, 2005
smashed??? bwahahaha

Mathews isnt 100% we are finally as healthy as we have been since week 1, and our dline has gotten better vs run past 3 weeks.

I think it gets out of hand early and the charger run game is taken away. chargers will scxore a couple late one s and make it respectable final, but 4th qtr it will feel over.

38-27

its almost like i watch football or something!!!!

told y'all

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
as far as the game went, our inexperience and holes were exposed. we had zero pass rush. with our starting right guard out, the broncos crushed that right side of the line continuously. Things like Ladarius Green dropping a long pass, Shareece Wright having a pick bounce off his chest. and the defense allowing a 3rd and 17 conversion at the end of the game.
I felt like wisenhunt went too long with the game plan and should've opened it up sooner.

it is what is it...headed in the right direction, what a surprise of a season.