BioShock 2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 11, 2004
This game sounds exactly like the first game but with half assed multiplayer. I still don't understand why everyone jocked the first. It's hella linear and short as fuck. I think I beat that shit in like 8 hours. I got mass effect 2 as a single player and MW 2 if I want to shoot fuckers online. I think ill pass on this game...

May 10, 2002
This game sounds exactly like the first game but with half assed multiplayer. I still don't understand why everyone jocked the first. It's hella linear and short as fuck. I think I beat that shit in like 8 hours. I got mass effect 2 as a single player and MW 2 if I want to shoot fuckers online. I think ill pass on this game...
It wasn't a completely open world game but to say it was "hella linear" isn't a correct assessment.

What was so linear about it?

Aug 7, 2003
id call bioshock linear in the sense of cod: mw2. the levels are pretty str8 forward tho you can go back thru the levels later once you get more eve and shit to upgrade your characters powers, but the design of the levels is like mw2 or goldeneye type. pretty standard for a FPS. the level designs are dope tho

May 10, 2002
For those who played the game and didn't hack the machinery to your benefit, use the different plasmids to your benefit (enrage is hilarious), didn't mix the weapons, environment and plasmids to your benefit (shoot a proximity mine on to an exploding tank, then use telekinesis to throw it at a big daddy after you've enraged a splicer and hacked a turret), then yeah the game might seem a bit linear.

There's a lot that you can do and there's a lot of different combinations that you can pull off. I don't think Bioshock was made to just blast your way through it.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
^ I agree with this guy.

The game's in-depth use of weapons-as-scenery was dope, and I've not experienced the same in any other game before or since Bioshock was released.

Jun 11, 2004
Meh. U guys have a point. It was a fun game for one playthrough. The atmosphere and style were well done. It's just over to quickly. I was under the impression from reviews that it had choices and openworld exploration like fallout 3 and other games where you can play twice and have completely different experiences. But its just a bunch of levels which are basically just tunnels and rooms cause your underwater and can't go outside. Shit in fallout or oblivion you can ignore the story completely and start walking in one direction for hours and find random shit to do. Not so in bioshock. Sure you can be good or evil but it has no effect on the story or gameplay. It was fun for what it was it but game of the year status it ain't.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
I wanna cop it so bad, but I don't have the funds to get it. Mass Effect 2 is probably the last game I'll buy in a while. Later in the year, and next year, I'll probably have hella catchin' up to do on all the early games I'm gonna miss out on.

Apr 15, 2007
www.facebook.com
There's a lot that you can do and there's a lot of different combinations that you can pull off. I don't think Bioshock was made to just blast your way through it.
Very true. No playthrough will ever be the same, trust me. I've played BioShock about 40 times now (yeah, I know, I know), and it's never been the same and it never gets old.
Who picked it up?

Walmart shipped my collector's edition, should be playing by Friday
I picked up my special edition last night at midnight at GameStop. It's fucking awesome! I just finished the Ryan Amusements level. Lol, the guy already knew me because apparently, I was the only girl in the area who preordered the game, not to mention, I kept bugging them about it. Lol.