Big Concert at the Rose Garden

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 23, 2006
What up Siccness members... We are in the planning stages of putting together a big concert at the Rose Garden around the Cinco de Mayo...

I am asking all who read this to take two minutes, to just help me out and let us know who ya'll would like to see at this show, and what your take on what the concert show entail...

It looks like E-40 and Keak da Sneak will be repping the Bay Area. We are looking into Sean Paul, LL Cool J, Paul Wall, and many other names... It all depends on who's available and who's doing shows...

Please take just a second to post your thoughts,

Thanks...

And on another note, to my brother NONSTOP, you already know my prayers are with you and your family... Let's figure out a way to stop the violence.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
thank you bro...

get chris brown back out here... he puts on a good show... get game if he aint busy on th next album... i ont know i cant think of anyone thats poppin right now... i been outta tune recently

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
and what your take on what the concert show entail...
Hmmmmm...Feels like a set-up, but let's see.

Video would be nice. 2 Hour DVD, Bootleg, 3-4 songs put up on a website...I don't really care how or how much, as long as, 1) it happens, and 2) it doesn't take 7 1/2 months. Do it like they used to do in ECW (and what gangtsa rap fan doesn't know what ECW is?), and encourage people to video tape the show and then send you in the tapes. Get an engineer that knows what the _fuck_ he is actually doing, and record the show on a VS-880 or O3D-type setup...put some condensers on the left and right side of the stage, a stereo condenser in the middle, complex bus all the shit down to the 2 channels and......well, anyways.

What Rappers and Singers? I don't know that in a month or two after the show its going to matter, unless its all captured and distributed to the masses. But if i can get off this cynical shit...

Tech N9ne is always a favorite.
Little Brother, you could probably get them for a few Jansport gift cards.
Kool Keith would get my sale.

Thats about all I got.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
hey tadou, kool keith played in Olympia on wedesday,did you check it out? Heard it was pretty nice.

Rose garden seems a little (i mean a lot) big for any type of rap show unless it is snoop dogg, and even he would have trouble selling out the rose garden on his own. It's a BIG venue my friend, might want to think more along the lines of the roseland.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
but with the people hes tryin to bring, it would be a major loss to only have 1400 people be able to get in.

wit game and chris brown poppin the way they are right now, including them to the line up could get a good amount of people to show up.

what would killem if it could be pulled off, would be a game and 50 show...lol and have they flyers designed like a boxing match.. thatd prolly sellout on the strength.. to bad they prolly wouldnt be willing to do it.

weezy and jeezy may be good acts to have somewhere in there also

May 12, 2004
yeah i heard chris brown puts on a good show...If your already gettin 40 water, might as well bring the whole CLICK,they got classic songs...the luniz would be nice too...good luck on the project..i will be in attendance if this goes down

Feb 10, 2006
man if this gets poppin off ill drive out from MT to see this shit!!! if you got some midwest in the house would be tight....tech n9ne and bone thugs put on a hella show i saw them here......Ric Jilla maybe? Komain....you know some stuff that doesnt get heard by many ppl...i like the idea of some big names to attract a big crowd and then throw some underground by them showin them talent beyond radio play

Jan 23, 2006
update

good lookin on the responses ya'll... we've put in bids and requests for the following, plus a few more surprises:
ll cool j
nelly
sean paul
twista
daddy yankee
chamillionaire
chris brown (although it's lookin like he's on a house of soul tour at the time)
game
mary j. blige
ne-yo
t-pain
bubba sparxxx
ying yang twins
dem franchise boyz
paul wall
busta ryhmes
mary j blige
juvenile
bow wow
frankie j.
lil rob
jagged edge
mack 10
rihanna
common
pussycat dolls
pitbull
baby bash
david banner
and a few other suprises...

in no way is this the confirmed list of who's going to be there, but this is the list of artists we have sought and requested. we will know more over the next week.. of course these are the only artists who are currently doing shows, the likes of kanye west, jay-z, etc. are all unavailable...

the goal is to get 12-15 acts that people will be excited to see. ticket prices will be reasonable, and cameras will be allowed (from what the early agreement is)...

thank you all for the input and keep it coming... we're trying our best to get some official names out here for a great show!

Jan 23, 2006
Nonstopovich,

Dope idea on Game and 50, unfortunately, 50 aint doing anything under 150k minimum, and that would take a whole lot of the budget...

Wayne is unavailable, and Jeezy's people are getting back to us... You already know Wayne was my #1 choice, but he's just not doing anything on the west coast....

Jeezy may happen. We'll see....

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
man, fuck that... weezy should be doin somethin out here... no wonder he dont go platinum...

imma make some calls and see if i can get some inside on that situation... cause fubb was juts talkin about sendin weezy our way... he must still be sour from the oakland trip 6 or 7 years ago...lol

but he was JUST talkin about weezy... im sure somebody can get him out here... chingy, fubb, wally, demetrius.. ill get on it tomorrow first thing