Best NW artist with no album out?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
yeah i wanna hear some too.. cause honestly only ppl from the nw i feel can blow shit up is me and syko....

erry one else is coo.. or weaker then a mufucka and i always ask "what the fuck IS it that ppl like".. it seem like most ppl say someones tight just because theyre coo wit them... or web chat wit dem erry once and a while... i dont see much talent on the internet.. and maybe theyre like me and keep all of there GOOD material off of the internet, but i dont know.. it dont seem like there is as much talent is there is drive.. and i think alot of cats need to play the backcourt, instead of bein the front men...

yall can tear me up for this.. i dont care.... im just voicen my opinion...

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ Trust, he does. The only thing dude could stand to have is a few artists and start a label, but all that shit does is put you in an endless circle of album-promising and not delivering. It happens often........Anyhow.

Next Noc On Wood-esque label that gets the money together, but instead of spending on promo material and marketing, they sign a whole grip of the NW finest...THATS the label thats gonna do something.

But all this, savin-up-the-extra-money-from-my-9-5-to-put-out-my-album shit isn't gonna play.

May 17, 2002
oh boy here we go again with that.....lol well considering that a 9-5 pays for all my gear, and lets face it, if you are self sufficient you are more likely to accomplish something cuz you dont have to fuck around and wait on other people for alot of the things you do then that makes a difference. but what do i know

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
@BANETHEMERCILES

Basically, i mean the 9-5 as a metaphor...people who just work every day of the week, and want to sit around and relax on the weekends and weeknights. What group gonna wanna record for 8 hours on a Saturday night when everybody been loading boxes and stocking shelves and shit like that the whole week?

And people wonder how groups like Nappy Roots get signed.....all them cats was College Loan'd out and didn't need jobs, so they had all kinda free time to hang out and craft their music....and look where they at now.

Oct 8, 2002
www.eastsideriderz.com
nonstop_ga said:
yeah i wanna hear some too.. cause honestly only ppl from the nw i feel can blow shit up is me and syko....
how did you come to this conclusion? this post almost sounded well thought out until you read the first sentence... I don't know your music, but i have heard syko, and unlkess syko just got a huge budget + neptune productioni have a hart time seeing him as our greatest hope. the other stuff you said sounded good about the net and homies, and people having more motivation than talent....waht i couldn't get past was how you included syko as the other hopeful. it almost kills the idea of trying to consider you as the other...

let me arrow your line:

nonstop_ga said:
yall can tear me up for this.. i dont care.... im just voicen my opinion...

Dec 18, 2002
^^have you heard his shit bullet?? let us know cuz to me this guy is a mystery until this post

and syko dont need a huge budget and the neptunes to blow up hes got skills rappin you should know that, personally who do you think is OUR hope to blow up? of course your gunna say eastside records but really who do you think?

Oct 8, 2002
www.eastsideriderz.com
KrypticFlowz said:
^^have you heard his shit bullet?? let us know cuz to me this guy is a mystery until this post

and syko dont need a huge budget and the neptunes to blow up hes got skills rappin you should know that, personally who do you think is OUR hope to blow up? of course your gunna say eastside records but really who do you think?
I have no idea who this person is, have never heard there music or anything. I commented because everybody thinks there the best or the regions greatest hope. A lot of shit he said had some truth and a business mentality to it.

As for Syko I've heard his record. I didn't like it aside from the one song about i wanna fuck, that was a tight song. The only other stuff i've heard were the diss tracks and they weren't tight PERIOD.

As far as who do i think has what it takes there a lot of artists who are tight, but being the hope of our region can only be concluded by business... music is 2ndary. Do I think I have what it takes musically? yep, but the difference between me and most is business. Personally i think Lifesavas, Jus Family, Unexpected arrival, have the most business behind them with enough commercial music behind them to possibly break through. there's a lot of indy cats who make so much street music and also lack some of the business sources to push the bigger doors open. I know selling 2,000 records won't get you a deal, shit in most cases 10,000 won't. I know what has to be done to get the Def Jams of the world to notice you, i did it for the todd g single with bosko and even with that, we couldn't keep enough spins going to do more than get a phone call. So when i list names its not because i think they are the best artist persay, i do think they are amongst the best but its the business that really matters. Unexpected Arrival has done a lot in seattle major spins and didn't get a deal out of it but i'm sure he had labels watching him which i think proves that its also gonna take more than 1 market to get to the next step. Mad Ro had more than 1400 BDS spins and had several labels offering them deals but noc on wood wanted a lot of money to let them go, or so i was told.

To get a record deal you have to have 1 of the following:

1. Somebody important who believes in your music which is as rare as winning the lotto
2. sell enough records soundscan (every label has different standards but Def Jam is around the 70,000 mark, not to say you couldn't get a deal at 30,000 but it would take selling more than any NW artist has sold X 3 in the last 5 years.
3. Major radio support, beyond 1 market, prolly more like 5 markets, with at least 30 spins a week. Mad Ro and Unexpected Arrival are a few of a very small list from our region that have received more than 40 spins a week on any BDS reporting station.

I guess you don't have to have a record out to get a deal and be our hope, but really without one your odds are slim as fuck. Syko aint had a record in how many years. For people not looking at record deals, you have to have a record to be our hope without question. Right now doing 5,000 records in the NW is like super big shit, yet not anywhere near getting a deal. So considering these facts, who do yall think is the NW hope? If you really look at what i'm saying we have a lot more talent in this regioon than we have business people who can accomplish what needs to be accomplished to get to this next step. Personally i'd like to be the one to get there, but shit i got love for the NW and really it would be nice to see any of us get there. Its long overdue.

THE GOON SQUAD
COOL NUTZ-I HATE COOL NUTZ
E-DAWG (with mix a lot behind him now)
Bullet-When the rainfalls
Lifesavas (new album has a label behind them, there doing good)
unexpected arrival (based on history of radio play)
mad ro (based on history of radio play)
151 (c-bo record was big accomplishment)
Bill Yuns new record

the list of indy cats who are capable of making a record that has potential to reach 10,000...with a few more resources or more money to promote there music

street level artists old and new
self titled (great hustlers)
got'm-2 real records
certified-high side records
old dominion has sold 10,000
todd g has the budget for his new record, he is one 2 watch
Pete Miser just did 6500 of his new record

there's more but i can't think of everybody off my head, and i'm not familiar with all the pure hip-hop groups that are doing there thing aside from who i mentioned but there are more. It really comes down to who can put together 1 hot record, have some nice money to push it, reach numerous markets touring, radio, and promotions. business is what will decide who can produce the results, and who can't. great records can sell 1000, and subpar ones can sell 10,000. the music isn't the only factor, and if you get anything out of my post, remember that.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
D'struction
Bullet's Mini-Me

Only 6 posts away from 300! :)

Anyway....yeah....really hit the nail on the head. As for the best with no album out, there's very few that have time to develop on compilations, mixtapes, and other labels' albums. One of these days, hopefully someone will put a parent label together and fund & oversee some of these albums for quality & relevance, and give the region more stability.

Apr 25, 2002
www.evilwayz.com
i thought this thread was bout folkz that are comin up and didnt have an album....so back to the subject of the thread.....

are yall talkin bout the Young Bleek from Jus Family? if so i heard some of his shit on the Jus Family Mixtape, he was sick.......

ive heard Yuns album, and i was impress........got savage beatz & his flow is on point.......ive got high hopez for Juice too