Besides E-40, only other artist holding it down for the bay is.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
this is a stupid post there r so many motherfuckers holdin it down for the bay. i aint even heard no one say yuk c-bo b-legit luni corleone or countless underground fools puttin it down

May 10, 2002
KEE AINT HOLDEN IT DOWN CUZ HARDLY ANYONE OUTSIDE CALIFORNIA LET ALONE THE BAY AREA OR SAC KNOWS WHO THE FUCK HE IS!!! FOR REAL I AINT HATEN THATS JUST HOW IT IS!!! ONLY PEOPLE EVERYONE KNOW IN THE BAY IS E-40 AND THE CLICK, THE LUNIZ, MAYBE SPICE 1, RICHIE RICH, OF COURSE SHORT DOG, AND POSSIBLY RAPPIN 4 TAY.

Apr 26, 2002
www.streetcredmg.com
Whats The definition of Holin it Down cuz Done Deal Does fo sho! No other group has had more spinds this year on KmEL and no other rapper from the Bay has done more shows in The Bay this year only is what im speaking of.. This year alone we've rocked Frisco(home 12 or 13 times.. We've rocked San Jose 5 times. with everyone from 4aty, b-legit, Dj Quik Game Insane just to name a few.. Then we've done Marin, Oakland Twice.. and that just the Yay.. We are on The Lyricist Lounge tour starting in Sept not the entire tour but more than half 14 outta 20 dates! starting in Phoenix, going thru the midwest and west coast! Thats reppin and Holdin it down!!!!!

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
If I can chime in... Done Deal IS one of the hardest working labels in the game period. So they most definitely need credit for "holding it down".

There are plenty of artist that represent the Bay like E-40, Jay Tee, Mac Dre, RBL, Richie Rich, Mac Mall, Yukmouth, Mr. Kee etc. but in all honesty, NOBODY is pushing significant numbers on an independent level so to answer everyone's question...

EVERYONE holds it down for the Bay as long as they represent us correctly when outside of our home and as long as they attempt at making good music and conducting good business.

Dont make me start pullin' scans cuz alot of your favorite artists aren't selling shit, so the real question is not who's holding down the Bay but who is the Bay holding down??? Think about that.

And PS as a shameless plug, Bayside Entertainment Distribution gives more opportunities to Bay Area artists and labels than any distributor before us ever has. Real talk.

Lets help the underdogs come up and learn from what the OG's created. Younger labels and newer artists like Done Deal, Fortune, East Co Co, Out of Bounds, Hogg Life, Killa Valley, Outbreak, Prime Minister, Messy Marv and others are really trying to make this into to something so we need to be holding ourselves down and networking more. Period. Peace.

Apr 26, 2002
www.abovetharestrecords.com
Bayrider 12 said:
as long as they represent us correctly when outside of our home and as long as they attempt at making good music and conducting good business.
I should of went into more detail when I posted this thread, but b-12, that's exactly on what aspect I was speaking on.

Just cause I chose Kee, don't mean I'm de-grading anyone else, especially those you mentioned b-12. It was just my opinion.....after really soaking in Latin Plague...