Bay Area Rappers Domain Name Hijacking New Trend

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 28, 2004
I was with Beeda Weeda's manager last night and he told me that someone (an outside person they do not know) has bought beedaweeda.com. He said that this "trend" is also happening to several other bay area rappers. So I did a little bit of research and the following websites are also owned and for sale by (an outside person the artist does not know or affiliate with). Just something to think about, if you are a rapper you better go and register your domain!

bavgate.com
turftalk.com (same/similar owner)
beedaweeda.com (same/similar owner)
messymarv.com (for sale $2000)
keakdasneak.com (same/similar owner)
keakdasneak.net
cycoeva.com (for sale)
cycoeva.net (for sale)
jtthebiggafigga.com
sanquinn.com
easki.com
jstalin.com
yaboy.com

Jan 2, 2007
yeah i use to do that....(ha) but myspace killed that off. But yep if cats got the rights to tha name and some lawyer money and time...they will win if they fight but in most cases they will just pay for the site which is usually cheaper...sound fucked up but u gotta be on your business.

Oct 21, 2006
Haha that was a good idea, since most of the domain names are already taken up, you gotta guess good ones that people will want, which is hard to do. I never thought of registering rapper names. Yeah of course you won't get much from bay artists but with a lotta different rappers it's not bad, plus you don't have to waste time thinking of domain names people would want to buy

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
StudSucram said:
yeah i use to do that....(ha) but myspace killed that off. But yep if cats got the rights to tha name and some lawyer money and time...they will win if they fight but in most cases they will just pay for the site which is usually cheaper...sound fucked up but u gotta be on your business.
Trying to win a case for a domain name is a long shot. First how many rappers go through trademarking. And how are they going to prove damages? So Michael Jordan can sue for every domain that contains his full name?....not likely.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
How is it rightfully theirs though? 90% of rappers couldn't tell you how to log in to yahoo messenger let alone run a website. There are so many combinations they could make for a different domain name that it is pointless.

Dec 6, 2005
there are certain rules with icann stating that if you are the rightful owner to a name then someone can't squat on the domain and hold it for money

that's pretty much stealing and these rappers or their record companies can do something about that

sue these fuckers for 50k each and teach them a lesson not to fuck with independent hustlers

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
How are you going to sue for 50k if there are no damages? And legal fees would blow way past 50k. Do the math, is it easier to pay someone 3k for the desired domain, make an alternate domain name? Or go to court for the domain name of a rapper who likely will never sell more than 30k albums in his career?

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
bootleg said:
sue these fuckers for 50k each and teach them a lesson not to fuck with independent hustlers
Lmfao when it comes to everything internet I guess you gotta teach the independent hustlers not to fuck with these cyber nerds!