BARS AWARDS 2 DVD , I will make it and let it all out .

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 15, 2006
^ You wasnt even there to see how unorganized the show was. Yeah them niggaz was doing too much but still i know its hard to organize and plan an event like this but if it doesnt go right own up to it and dont blame everything on everybody else when you knew how it was gonna go down.

Feb 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
TO BE HONEST..... PROFESSIONAL AND BUSINESS MINDED PEOPLE SHOULDNT NEED MASS SECURITY TO WATCH AN AWARDS SHOW........ ALL THE BABYSITTING MAKES US LOOK UNPROFESSIONAL. I BET THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN AT AN R&B AWARDS SHOW..... THIS HYPHY MOVEMENT NEEDS SOME DEGREE OF ORGANIZATION...

Nov 15, 2005
I'll cop the DVD. Sounds coo. Regardless of whut went down I had a GOod time and I appreciate you puttin' this 2gether. Hopefully it'll continue.

Oct 1, 2006
I've thought about starting a thread about the B.A.R.S. Awards to say what I thought went well and what didn't. Then I came across this thread. I chose this one because it was started by the event organizer. I'm hoping my input will help for what I hope is the B.A.R.S. Awards 3. Here's the good, the bad, the ugly...

The Bad
Security: The left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. I saw Rick Rock, the Federation & their entourage (Battle Locco, Big Tic, etc). being sent from the Red Carpet entrance to the general admission area. I know this was because Rick brought hella 707 heads and not all could get the V.I.P. treatment Good Lookin out on Rick's part for not forgetting those who support him on the turf. But honestly, if a major sponsor (18 Dummy) couldn't get the respect they deserve who could.
Security2: Security was just as star struck as those in attendance. The general area and backstage was seperated by a curtain and some barracades. Security did a good job of keeping out unwanteds before the show started but once Mess, Guce and the Click Clack gang hit the stage most security was watching the show. That's how everybody and they grandmama got backstage. Including myself!!! (I ain't no dummy...)
Ticket Scam: The $100 V.I.P. tickets were advertised as Red Carpet Tickets. Once people got there and realized the REAL Red Carpet Tickets were $325, most people felt like they got the ol' Bait & Switch. Kinda felt like you got scammed by one of them cats selling laptops in the parking lot, and getting home to find out you just bought two phone books. Yellow Pages anyone?
The Time Confusion:The Tickets clearly stated that the show started at 3:00pm. I got there at 4:30 only to find out that the show started at 6:00pm. My bad for trying to be fashionably late, but damn a three hour wait from ticket time to actual show? wow.
The Venue: The configuration was all bad. People who paid for Reserved Seating couldn't take advantage of it because muthafuckas sat where ever they wanted to. People who actually thought they were going to get the V.I.P. Red Carpet treatment got SRO (Standing Room Only). The seating area was a rectangle from front to back, it would have been better if it was from side to side. Better views, less seat jacking.
The Help: DJ kept messing up Mess/Guce's performance. Person doing all the intros for the nominees was clueless. It was hilarious hearing dude try to explain how to work the power point over the mic while on stage: truly classic !

The Good
The Food: Having to wait an hour and a half for the show to start after smokin three blunts on an hour and twenty minute drive made me hungrier than ethopian. Chicken strips was on point.
The FREE CD's: I tried to holla at Showtime about buying some CD's about two weeks ago with no response then get to Frisco Street Show's booth and they giving CD's away for free. DAMN!!! All the HOT shit too: Jacka & Husalah: The Shower Posse Gang, C-Bo and Quinn: 100 Racks in my BackPack, Messy & Yukmouth: Hunid Racks etc. Big Ups to the best Booth at Show.
The Vendors: All the booths were good for the event. Besides Frisco Street show, there was Ryan @ Rapbay/Urbanlife, ProX Print & Xience promoting that 18 Dummy to name a few.
The Performances: Mess/Guce murdered that shit. Click Clack was deep as fuck. Forty and Keak did what they do. Could've done without Lolo Swift but she'll be ready in a couple of years. Seen her at a performance with Chuck Nutt awhile back and she's paying her dues. No comment on Num.
The Connects: Got to network with hella fools. Chauncey from Fonky Chicken was showing a lot of love, hooking camps up all over the place. DJ Lando 1 hooked me an my dude Ruck City and EZ Kicks with V.I.P. to Blush in Burlingame. Tight little spot where Demolition Men, the Bay Area Mixtape Kings, killed it. Wanted to hit Club 17 but wasn't sure how legit the official after party would be.
Fan Appreciation: Despite what most people wrote about all the artists, the only one that really left early was Forty. And don't get me wrong, Forty is still the Ambassador of the Bay. Dude is hella cool and down to earth if you get to kick with him. Anyone remember when his bodyguard Jaws got shot at the Ambassodor's Lounge couple of years back? Things are fucked up for him with all the mainsteam backlash and Lil Bruce situation. Stop hatin of E-Feezy yall, he has never repped anything but the Bay. Bay Up! Everyday, common folk got to kick with their favorite artists/producers/etc. Everyone from Sean-T, Traxamillion, Black C, Big Rich, Messy, Yuk, Mike Moseley, Quinn, Herm Lewis (who did try to appeal to our senses in a mini-tirade), and too many other Bay Heavyweights to name. Keak and Quinn took endless picture requests, signed autographs, and basically P.L.P'd it for hours after the event ended. I was standing next to Quinn and Lil Quinn when the San Mateo PD mashed through the backstage area with Riot Gear, and every start running like they was giving away PS3's AND Quinn still stayed around for the people. That's something you probably won't read in Vibe. I loved hearing Big Rich complaining about not getting the actual award right away, and how much he wanted to take home the real. Congrats to Fillmore Rich on Best New Artist. Keep it movin.
The Peace: People are going to blow up the fight that occurred for years to come. Truth is, nobody got hurt and NOBODY got killed. A fight broke out, yes, but everybody went home that night - or like the lucky ones the next morning..

The Ugly:The promoters and organizers of this event may never get the credit or recognition they truly deserve for trying to do something positive for the Bay Area movement. Although the show itself became unravelled, getting that many people and artists under one roof at the same time was no small task. I hear talk about the egos and all that bullshit. Fuck what you heard, the Bay was in the Building.

My goal of this post is not to hate, so don't take it wrong. It's MY opinion and point of view of how things went down that night. I hope that you will not let all the rumors and speculation about what really happened discourage you from doing this again. I had the time of my life. Peace.

Jun 6, 2006
thats exactly what happned.speaking of what they should have did is useless now,its over now,it was a disaster,but if u made contacts that night then it was a plus

Oct 1, 2006
^^^ Speaking on what they should've done will only be useless if Booyowski and Co. never do the B.A.R.S. again. If they do, which I hope they do, then type of feedback is what they need. They need the negative and POSITIVE from the show.

I apoligize to the fans, it should have been better rehearsed and my staff and I could have done a way better job. Security , had no clue and kept askin me what to do and security leader was no were to be found not even for pre show prep.

But it does take Co-Operation

If i would simply have said "EVERYONE TAKE YOUR SEATS" ( n everyone did ) " NOW STAY IN YOUR SEATS UNTIL ITS TIME TO GET UP HERE" ( n everyone did) Then i would have brought each performer on 1 at a time and presented eacxh award 1 at a time and it would have been done.

it still could have went down smoother , with a lil more co-operation, some artists did but alot of others didnt , its That simple.

But people who werent scheduled to be there kept gettin up on stage and tryin to get on , that aint time for negotiation.

I did what i could , i even had it ready for a MTV debut , comcast was filming 21 people deep.

My apologies to the bay.

Aug 24, 2006
sucks that you put a lot of work into something and a few ignorant idiots who cant behave like human beings have to fuck everything up. hopin to buy that dvd when it comes out should be good and get everyones story straight. also i agree with having an INVITE only awards like artist, publishers, writers, labels etc. the public obviously cant behave.

Dec 26, 2005
Just too bad. Motha fuckas was tryin to jump on stage to be seen, and ain't lettin the artist be seen for the work.

And keep it treal, everyone who was jumpin on stage was doin it for the bitches

step ya ho game up

Jun 6, 2006
it was set to be the best event held in the bay ever tho....

booyalski i spelld your name wrong, you dont know me but im connected with just about everybody you know out here,one thing i think could sugest is to rent out your next venue a week prior to showdate, have everybody have everything set up and ready to go,this should include vendor booths,audio and lighting....dj seemed like he was using an ipod shuffle to find songs,wasnt very professional on that end.....i dont know if yal did soundcheck but seemed like yal didnt,i dont know if yal sent out packages to the various indie labels out here and to your fellow staff members but it should of been blueprinted out as far as who is who and what/who needs to be in the backstage area,cuz from the looks,your staff couldnt do their jobs in the back i mean i saw a few people filming interviews back there and photoshoots but it was so many people hogging up the spot that they couldnt even get any of that done,police should have made sure that every1 was seated if they wernt ment to be on stage.....i think my opinion matters, im not well established out here in this bay scene,but i think i do know a thing a two when it comes to these type of things........its alright,i dont think its going to honestly put a hole in anything,shit happens,live and learn

w/o you i may have never made contacts with the various people. i got numbers from davey d the producer and writer..dubee,psd,knumbskll,the owners of rapbay.com and chauncey of funky chicken? this event deff benefited me and my company,glad to finally meet dj pimp

Apr 12, 2004
BUD_7_0_7_DHA said:
I've thought about starting a thread about the B.A.R.S. Awards to say what I thought went well and what didn't. Then I came across this thread. I chose this one because it was started by the event organizer. I'm hoping my input will help for what I hope is the B.A.R.S. Awards 3. Here's the good, the bad, the ugly...

The Bad
Security: The left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. I saw Rick Rock, the Federation & their entourage (Battle Locco, Big Tic, etc). being sent from the Red Carpet entrance to the general admission area. I know this was because Rick brought hella 707 heads and not all could get the V.I.P. treatment Good Lookin out on Rick's part for not forgetting those who support him on the turf. But honestly, if a major sponsor (18 Dummy) couldn't get the respect they deserve who could.
Security2: Security was just as star struck as those in attendance. The general area and backstage was seperated by a curtain and some barracades. Security did a good job of keeping out unwanteds before the show started but once Mess, Guce and the Click Clack gang hit the stage most security was watching the show. That's how everybody and they grandmama got backstage. Including myself!!! (I ain't no dummy...)
Ticket Scam: The $100 V.I.P. tickets were advertised as Red Carpet Tickets. Once people got there and realized the REAL Red Carpet Tickets were $325, most people felt like they got the ol' Bait & Switch. Kinda felt like you got scammed by one of them cats selling laptops in the parking lot, and getting home to find out you just bought two phone books. Yellow Pages anyone?
The Time Confusion:The Tickets clearly stated that the show started at 3:00pm. I got there at 4:30 only to find out that the show started at 6:00pm. My bad for trying to be fashionably late, but damn a three hour wait from ticket time to actual show? wow.
The Venue: The configuration was all bad. People who paid for Reserved Seating couldn't take advantage of it because muthafuckas sat where ever they wanted to. People who actually thought they were going to get the V.I.P. Red Carpet treatment got SRO (Standing Room Only). The seating area was a rectangle from front to back, it would have been better if it was from side to side. Better views, less seat jacking.
The Help: DJ kept messing up Mess/Guce's performance. Person doing all the intros for the nominees was clueless. It was hilarious hearing dude try to explain how to work the power point over the mic while on stage: truly classic !

The Good
The Food: Having to wait an hour and a half for the show to start after smokin three blunts on an hour and twenty minute drive made me hungrier than ethopian. Chicken strips was on point.
The FREE CD's: I tried to holla at Showtime about buying some CD's about two weeks ago with no response then get to Frisco Street Show's booth and they giving CD's away for free. DAMN!!! All the HOT shit too: Jacka & Husalah: The Shower Posse Gang, C-Bo and Quinn: 100 Racks in my BackPack, Messy & Yukmouth: Hunid Racks etc. Big Ups to the best Booth at Show.
The Vendors: All the booths were good for the event. Besides Frisco Street show, there was Ryan @ Rapbay/Urbanlife, ProX Print & Xience promoting that 18 Dummy to name a few.
The Performances: Mess/Guce murdered that shit. Click Clack was deep as fuck. Forty and Keak did what they do. Could've done without Lolo Swift but she'll be ready in a couple of years. Seen her at a performance with Chuck Nutt awhile back and she's paying her dues. No comment on Num.
The Connects: Got to network with hella fools. Chauncey from Fonky Chicken was showing a lot of love, hooking camps up all over the place. DJ Lando 1 hooked me an my dude Ruck City and EZ Kicks with V.I.P. to Blush in Burlingame. Tight little spot where Demolition Men, the Bay Area Mixtape Kings, killed it. Wanted to hit Club 17 but wasn't sure how legit the official after party would be.
Fan Appreciation: Despite what most people wrote about all the artists, the only one that really left early was Forty. And don't get me wrong, Forty is still the Ambassador of the Bay. Dude is hella cool and down to earth if you get to kick with him. Anyone remember when his bodyguard Jaws got shot at the Ambassodor's Lounge couple of years back? Things are fucked up for him with all the mainsteam backlash and Lil Bruce situation. Stop hatin of E-Feezy yall, he has never repped anything but the Bay. Bay Up! Everyday, common folk got to kick with their favorite artists/producers/etc. Everyone from Sean-T, Traxamillion, Black C, Big Rich, Messy, Yuk, Mike Moseley, Quinn, Herm Lewis (who did try to appeal to our senses in a mini-tirade), and too many other Bay Heavyweights to name. Keak and Quinn took endless picture requests, signed autographs, and basically P.L.P'd it for hours after the event ended. I was standing next to Quinn and Lil Quinn when the San Mateo PD mashed through the backstage area with Riot Gear, and every start running like they was giving away PS3's AND Quinn still stayed around for the people. That's something you probably won't read in Vibe. I loved hearing Big Rich complaining about not getting the actual award right away, and how much he wanted to take home the real. Congrats to Fillmore Rich on Best New Artist. Keep it movin.
The Peace: People are going to blow up the fight that occurred for years to come. Truth is, nobody got hurt and NOBODY got killed. A fight broke out, yes, but everybody went home that night - or like the lucky ones the next morning..

The Ugly:The promoters and organizers of this event may never get the credit or recognition they truly deserve for trying to do something positive for the Bay Area movement. Although the show itself became unravelled, getting that many people and artists under one roof at the same time was no small task. I hear talk about the egos and all that bullshit. Fuck what you heard, the Bay was in the Building.

My goal of this post is not to hate, so don't take it wrong. It's MY opinion and point of view of how things went down that night. I hope that you will not let all the rumors and speculation about what really happened discourage you from doing this again. I had the time of my life. Peace.
EVERTHING SAID IN THIS POST WAS THE TRUTH I WAS THERE I KNOW NIGGAS SEEN ME AND THE THE BOY MONTE NETWORKIN AND HE INTRODUCED ME TO ALOT OF CATS AND GOT ME HOOKED UP, SEE WE NEED MORE CATS LIKE HIM CUZ EVERYBODY WAS WALKIN UP TO HIM TALKIN BOUT HE IS ONE OF THE BEST PROMOTER'S OUT THERE AND HE IS YOUNG U FEEL ME BUT THATS HOW EVERYTHANG WENT DOWN.

May 28, 2006
ima buy tha dvd...all i did was listen to the awards on sactownradio it sounded crazy just listening to it but thats kinda fucked up that poeple kept on jumpin on stage

I do this shit for the bay Period , i wish i was able to make some change off it , i got some major plans for the bay , but i need financial backin , i was hopin this event would support that , but i lost so much itll take me a year or more just to get back to ZERO. So im down , but im not out. If anybody got anything negative to say about a regular man who did all he can 4 the bay.
let me just say , i still did it . 2 years in a row , and no one else ever did it before , but its cool, people are critics , but its all part of the game.

BOTTOM LINE , I DID IT 4 THE BAY , and ask yourself , what do you do for the bay ??? some do alot , some do nothing , .

But bet your bottom dollar , i'll be around !!! Peace to Bay , Booyowski

Oct 21, 2006
allbaymindstien said:
I do this shit for the bay Period , i wish i was able to make some change off it , i got some major plans for the bay , but i need financial backin , i was hopin this event would support that , but i lost so much itll take me a year or more just to get back to ZERO. So im down , but im not out. If anybody got anything negative to say about a regular man who did all he can 4 the bay.
let me just say , i still did it . 2 years in a row , and no one else ever did it before , but its cool, people are critics , but its all part of the game.

BOTTOM LINE , I DID IT 4 THE BAY , and ask yourself , what do you do for the bay ??? some do alot , some do nothing , .

But bet your bottom dollar , i'll be around !!! Peace to Bay , Booyowski
ya everyone needs to buy that dvd and support