Athletes you have the most respect for?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
This is kinda like a part 2, to my steroids thread. There are dudes out there that were always considered clean athletes or are the epitome of hard work. Who do you have the most respect for (on and/or off the field)?

Barry Sanders. I wish he wouldn't have retired when he did, but I think he was the greatest RB of all time.

Walter Payton. As dumb as it sounds with what I just said, I think he was the greatest football player of all time.

Michael Jordan. Kind of a douchebag off of the court at times but he is the greatest ever. His work ethic was almost without equal. People criticized his game, so he worked relentlessly to improve in those areas, especially on defense and ended up being one of the best defensive players in his era (if not THE best). Super clutch obviously.

Marvelous Marvin Hagler. Incredibly hard worker. Fought for everything he ever earned. Small for a middleweight and his biggest fights were against guys moving up in weight to fight him but he is as blue collar of a fighter that existed.

Ricardo Lopez Nava. Tiny fighter but incredibly skilled. Incredible punching power for a small guy but looked like he was floating on air in the ring. Some might disagree but his movement was actually better than Muhammad Ali's to me and at a weightclass that he shouldn't be able to have move around that easily and make other guys look slow. Retired undefeated with a record of 51-0-1. Defended his belt 21 times.

Bernard Hopkins. He's a turd in a lot of ways but he's a student of the game. Extremely technically sound. Oldest champion in any sport in a young man's game. Exceeded everyone's expectations for a dude that started his career late because of a stint in prison.

I'm sure there are more but I'll have to think about it

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
^ Yeah, forgot about Manning. He's a dude that all his teammates say that he's a ridiculously hard worker. At the practice field all damn day during the season

Props: Unknownn

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
lol he's such a douche to me. Incredible athlete though. Maybe one of the best athletes of all time in any sport.

Gotta ask this question. On NBA 2k13, Steve Kerr says he thinks Lebron might be the best athlete in any sport, ever. I don't know that I can disagree even though I don't like the guy. Obviously guys like Payton or Bo Jackson rank really high on the list. But Lebron is an incredible athlete, no doubt.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Floyd Mayweather - Hard worker, undefeated in a sport where all it takes is a split second and your asleep. I think he trains harder than most.

Adrian Peterson - Plays the game hard, hates to run out of bounds, punishes opposing players and came back after a major injury and tore it up (had to work hard to do that).

Peyton Manning - Student of the game and one of the best to ever do it.

Lebron James - Physical specimen that has every tool in his box. He's probably my favorite athlete of all time.

Deion Sanders - Entertaining talked a good one and delivered. Played baseball well also. When he was playing I wanted to see him dance in the end zone and high step up the sidelines.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Biggest thing I hate on Deion for was his tackling. If I was building a team personally, I would've taken Rod Woodson over him in that era even though Deion was way more dynamic.

Speaking of the Bears, I gotta give it up (no homo) to Dick Butkis. He's the epitome of a football player in an era when football was still football. You can throw Ronnie Lott in that convo too I guess.

Peterson is the man. Forgot about him and living in Oklahoma, people worship that guy since he went to OU but he's legit.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Jerry Rice-Favorite football player and athlete of all time, glad I got to meet him and take a picture with him.

Joe Montana- Best qb of all time.

Steve Young-Heart of a lion.

Walter Payton + Barry Sanders = Adrian Peterson

Deion Sanders and Bo Jackson for playing more than one sport.

Evander Holyfield for stepping up from cruiserweight and taking on the best heavyweights in his era.

Michael Jordan and Clyde Drexler, Mike because he is the toughest mentally and Clyde because he was my favorite B-Ball player.

Props: Unknownn

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The Glove was perhaps in a 3 way tie with Iverson and J Rich as my favorite bball players.

Jimmy Rollins
CC Sabathia
Pat Tillman
Steve Mcnair
Rickey Henderson
Matt Kemp (fuck the dodgers. Hes also a niner fan)

May seem biased as im a niner fan but

Frank Gore
Patrick Willis

those 2 guys have been through their shit and they epitomize what a football player should be.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Biggest thing I hate on Deion for was his tackling. If I was building a team personally, I would've taken Rod Woodson over him in that era even though Deion was way more dynamic.
I would still go with Deion. Speed Kills and Deion definitely had that on lock. Woodson was a great tackler because he had to be. In my opinion, a CB shouldn't be making many tackles anyhow because his job is to not let a receiver catch the ball in the first place.

Last edited: