Are people partying/drinking or just doing more than ever now?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
the only place I've checked in on fb was warrior games, so I could get a coupon for whatever.
I do have some fb friends that are annoying as shit too. hella starving for attention, or constantly looking for validation (a pat on the back).
I never post on fb. anything. shit's a waste of my time.
but that's what the young whipper snappers are doing nowadays, fuck it. more social skills and mouthpiece for me.

Apr 26, 2006
yeah but the only reference you make to it is in the title. Nowhere else do I see anything mentioned about drinking or partying.
I just made a general statement man. People just doing more in general, which can include more partying and drinking of course. What does society offer in terms of social interaction? Alcohol and food. That's what people do, we drink and we eat when we go out, that's our greatest form of social entertainment.

So that's what I meant by drinking more and partying more. Social networking makes it "easier" to do so IMO. To do more in general. This is all based on my observations in the way people are connecting these days and going about their activities. I've just come to the conclusion that people are doing more than ever before because of social networking. It's just hard to pin-point why I'm thinking of this theory, but I SEE it all around me, so I think I'm right to a certain extent. It's hard to prove, but I think we all see how the world is changing, in terms of social manner.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
I never used the check-in feature on FB, but I posted this shit as status updates in a 20 minute span to show people how ridiculous they are:

"Checked in at the toilet"
"Checked in at the shower"
"Checked in at the dresser"
"Checked in at the pantry"
"Checked in at the sink"
"Checked in at the couch"

There's a dude I know who checks in to every fuckin' place he goes. Actually, quite a few people on my friends list do that. Un-fuckin'-believable.

Apr 26, 2006
the only place I've checked in on fb was warrior games, so I could get a coupon for whatever.
I do have some fb friends that are annoying as shit too. hella starving for attention, or constantly looking for validation (a pat on the back).
I never post on fb. anything. shit's a waste of my time.
but that's what the young whipper snappers are doing nowadays, fuck it. more social skills and mouthpiece for me.
"Validation," your right about that. That's a pretty good word to describe this shit.

It's not just the young people breh, it's middle aged and even seniors too. Young people just abuse it more or at least expose themselves more.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
new parents hella bragging about their kids in every post (doing the most simple shit too; "my little tommy opened a door today!".
tommy is almost six, that ain't shit bitch).

Apr 26, 2006
I never used the check-in feature on FB, but I posted this shit as status updates in a 20 minute span to show people how ridiculous they are:

"Checked in at the toilet"
"Checked in at the shower"
"Checked in at the dresser"
"Checked in at the pantry"
"Checked in at the sink"
"Checked in at the couch"

There's a dude I know who checks in to every fuckin' place he goes. Actually, quite a few people on my friends list do that. Un-fuckin'-believable.
hahaha, yeah that's a good way to protest the stupidity behind all this shit. I've done the toilet one before.

I've been thinking about doing the opposite to fuck with people's minds and see how many 1uppers there are. Checking in to vacation spots every week, 5 star restaurants/hotels,etc.... I'm going to travel the world while sitting my ass down. lol

But yeah man, I have friends like that too. People checking into grocery stores or fast food. :/ Really?

Apr 26, 2006
Same. Its jus wack as fuck u cant delete it for good. All yu gota do is jus sign back in. I realy dnt like how they make it like that

Why can't you delete it for good? What's the reasoning behind that?

Also, this shit is just taking off. Google+ is coming too. The idea of having "circles" is pretty cool though.

Oct 11, 2009
hahaha, yeah that's a good way to protest the stupidity behind all this shit. I've done the toilet one before.

I've been thinking about doing the opposite to fuck with people's minds and see how many 1uppers there are. Checking in to vacation spots every week, 5 star restaurants/hotels,etc.... I'm going to travel the world while sitting my ass down. lol

But yeah man, I have friends like that too. People checking into grocery stores or fast food. :/ Really?
I'M NOT 100% SURE BUT I THINK THE CHECK-IN THING IS SATELLITE RELATED... BUT DONT LET ME RUIN YOUR FUN...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Why can't you delete it for good? What's the reasoning behind that?

Also, this shit is just taking off. Google+ is coming too. The idea of having "circles" is pretty cool though.
because they know people will just come back eventually, especially if they can hop back on and have all their old friends and pics still

BOLO

FRISCO TO SAC IM AT THAT
Aug 27, 2002
not to sound like a hater but what i see in this thread is like 3 or 4 people with the same mind state on the subject going back and forth talking shit about social networking.

however what u dont realize is youre doing EXACTLY what people do on FB. One person says something, someone else likes (or in this case quotes) it and they talk about it and give each other "props" for saying something they agree with or like.

Basically what im saying is that theres a little too much hate in this thread but i respect the overall idea. But seriously, how much can it bother you that a person went to the club or the movies and let it be known on FB?? If u aint into that then dont be on those sites because YOU KNOW what youre going to be dealing with the majority of the time. I dont believe the networking sites are wrong or anything, but what theyre doing is giving people insight into the state we are in as a society. People may or may not like the direction we're moving in, but its called evolution, and its not going to stop. Over thinking it is pointless in my opinion.

Apr 26, 2006
not to sound like a hater but what i see in this thread is like 3 or 4 people with the same mind state on the subject going back and forth talking shit about social networking.

however what u dont realize is youre doing EXACTLY what people do on FB. One person says something, someone else likes (or in this case quotes) it and they talk about it and give each other "props" for saying something they agree with or like.

Basically what im saying is that theres a little too much hate in this thread but i respect the overall idea. But seriously, how much can it bother you that a person went to the club or the movies and let it be known on FB?? If u aint into that then dont be on those sites because YOU KNOW what youre going to be dealing with the majority of the time. I dont believe the networking sites are wrong or anything, but what theyre doing is giving people insight into the state we are in as a society. People may or may not like the direction we're moving in, but its called evolution, and its not going to stop. Over thinking it is pointless in my opinion.
I don't know about that man, I think forums like this are a lil different than a social networking sites like Facebook. Sure we are socializing, quoting each other, giving props or disagreeing, but it's different than checking in and positing pics of every activity you do in life. This is a "discussion" board in which discussions tend to drag on. Social sites like FB are pretty much a "live" feedback system on what your doing at that given moment in time and it's on to the next moment when your over the other. I see it as life displayed in text and images. I don't even think their really comparable, they provide different ways of conversing.

I'm not trying to come off as a hater, just more so concerned with the direction it's heading. Sure we evolve, but I think there's something wrong when a lot of people do question the purpose or intention of social networking. I'm more so trying to analyze and understand the human behavior in why people do what they do within a social network.

It doesn't bother me because I par take in life too. I do everything else, everyone else does, I'm human. I enjoy questioning things, like I've said, this is a very deep topic, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but the more feedback the better, there's no right or wrong answer IMO. I think both those for it and against it have valid opinions, me personally, I'm stuck in the middle. I see the benefits and I see negatives.