Anyone Ever Been a Dishwasher???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
that was the first legal job i ever had, at 16.

dont even bother wearing gloves if youre gonna be washing dishes for 8 hours

thats all ill tell you

other than that, the smell of soap and old food is something youll smell like after work. if you have a girl, just like...take two showers upon hitting the pad...or youll never eat any food that place serves as a couple or a individual ever again

i was alot less of a germaphobe at 16 than i am now......dont think i could do that...but if it pays well bust them dishes.....those pots are what youre gonna hate......and forks........

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I've been a dishwasher at several places. it's a cool job, usually you get to just slump jams and work by yourself. sometimes they make you do other shit too though, like dishwasher/barback which = tips!

Jun 3, 2006
I worked with a dude from Africa that got deported. His name was Eugene Haha
lol....yeah they gave homie like 2 months to prove hisself and he came wit sum faulty papers that said he was born in like 1919 or sum shit...he was only 33 or 34 years old!

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i thought this was on some hallucinogen type shit..

but i use to wash dishes when i was like 17..cool work, but no respect it seems..fuck it.

Dec 4, 2006
I did it for 6 months at Claim Jumpers back when I was like 17...it was hella kick back too..since it was a busy restaurant it was like 5 of us working there....

but it was fun...

Feb 14, 2004
My first legal job was dishwasher at a family restaurant. It didn't last long, though. I hated it, but the free fries and gravy was dope.

Sep 16, 2008
I am currently a dishwasher and busser at a local diner. I also have to stock freezers and manage waste and clean the place after.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I've been a dishwasher... if it's not real busy and you have enough staff it's pretty chill, but I remember times when it was busy and I had to bus tables and wash dishes myself... that shit sucked...

and like gas one said, the pots are the worst... they get fucking coated with burnt as shit at the bottom, and you gotta scrub the shit out of them

the aboslute worst is closing time...if you can tell them you can't close and they'll still hire you, do that... when it's midnight and all the cooks start throwing HELLA shit at you... and you see pots and pans and dishes and shit full of grease everywhere piled up.. not only do you have to wash all that shit, but you gotta clean the whole dish area when you're done.... fuck that shit

if it's not too busy and you got something to entertain you like slappin some music, or choppin it up with coworkers.. its not too bad... I wouldn't recommend, but if you can't find anything else... do it

May 2, 2009
^^ I USED TO WASH DISHES WHEN I WAS TEEN AT A MEXICAN RESTAURANT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, AND I CAN AGREE WITH THAT. CLOSING TIME WAS ALWAYS THE WORSE! ESPECIALLY THE POTS AND PANS....

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
I've been a dishwasher... if it's not real busy and you have enough staff it's pretty chill, but I remember times when it was busy and I had to bus tables and wash dishes myself... that shit sucked...

and like gas one said, the pots are the worst... they get fucking coated with burnt as shit at the bottom, and you gotta scrub the shit out of them

the aboslute worst is closing time...if you can tell them you can't close and they'll still hire you, do that... when it's midnight and all the cooks start throwing HELLA shit at you... and you see pots and pans and dishes and shit full of grease everywhere piled up.. not only do you have to wash all that shit, but you gotta clean the whole dish area when you're done.... fuck that shit

if it's not too busy and you got something to entertain you like slappin some music, or choppin it up with coworkers.. its not too bad... I wouldn't recommend, but if you can't find anything else... do it
This and what gas said is all real chop...

I washed dishes for a while at a golf course when i was fresh out of high school...They did banquets (weddings, business meetings, all types of shit) Washing dishes for a wedding party of 150 to 300 people will give you a good work out......on top of that you would still have to keep up with what the resturant for the regular public and golfers were bring back.....Eventually I started working the banquets and making the good money after a while tho....

But when we had big parties and i seen the dishwasher struggling...I used to take off my white shirt and tie and help him...Cuz i know how it used to be....a little help in a situation like that goes a long way...

Like they said (meta,gas) most of the pots and pans are no joke and when they close and the cooks start piling up their closing shit....OH man....

Oh and then you got the rubber mats to wash...They are heavy and filthy as shit...Not all the time but most of the time they are dirty as shit....

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
i gotta wash dishes at my job. its chill tho, i take as many smoke breaks as i want and listen to music all day. plus i get to eat for free everyday and take home hella food
This was a plus...I used to play my music, eat good for free (even though i wasnt supposed to) but the cooks liked me cuz i use to take good care of thier kitchen. and try to learn spanish to i could communicate with them....

This was prolly the funnest job ive ever had once i think about it...Did it for like 3 years...Washed dishes for like 1 1/2 years and set banquets and worked banquets for the other 1 1/2 years...Lots of turnover in this business..seen many people come and go...lol