Anybody heard the REMIX to Bullet's new song "Sexy Thing"? No? Well.......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Double-THEGOD said:
ITS A GOOD SONG BUT WHY DO WE HAVE TO DO THE POP RECORDS TO GET LOVE HMMMM FUCK DOIN WHAT THEY WANT DO WHAT YOU FEEL THATS WHAT MAKES SUPERSTARS AND GOOD MUSIC WHEN YOU GO IN THE STUDIO AND SAY I NEED TO DO A RECORD LIKE THIS TO SELL UNITS AND GET RADIO YOUR DOIN THAT RECORD FOR THE WRONG REASON YOUR NOT DOIN IT BECAUSE ITS IN YOUR HEART YOUR DOIN IT BECAUSE YOU SEEN SOMEONE BLOW OFF A RECORD LIKE IT AND THATS REAL TALK
Who's to say he does'nt want to do those songs for himself?I see where your comin from,but not every rap artist thinks they have to rap about bomb and murder over gloomy organ beats through out an album.I don't think Bullet has ever tried to accomidate only underground gangster rap fans,I think he wants more versatility on his albums for his own reasons.

Dec 18, 2002
^^^and i think hes re-creatin a sound that he thinks is good and will make him popular, hes doin a good job of it and whose to point fingers and say "your makin a record for the wrong reasons" well if he wants to make a sound that will make him popular and he thinks is tight then why not create it??? no idea is original....artists can only go so far

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Double-THEGOD said:
IM FEELIN THE BEAT AND THE SONG IS COO I NEVER HEARD THE og VERSION AND IM NOT A BULLET FAN BUT HE GETS PROPS ITS A GOOD SONG BUT WHY DO WE HAVE TO DO THE POP RECORDS TO GET LOVE HMMMM FUCK DOIN WHAT THEY WANT DO WHAT YOU FEEL THATS WHAT MAKES SUPERSTARS AND GOOD MUSIC WHEN YOU GO IN THE STUDIO AND SAY I NEED TO DO A RECORD LIKE THIS TO SELL UNITS AND GET RADIO YOUR DOIN THAT RECORD FOR THE WRONG REASON YOUR NOT DOIN IT BECAUSE ITS IN YOUR HEART YOUR DOIN IT BECAUSE YOU SEEN SOMEONE BLOW OFF A RECORD LIKE IT AND THATS REAL TALK
Thanks.

I feel what you are sayin' 100%. I used to feel the same way too. But I think most of us that are actually in the game....and have been in the game for a while have all pretty much come to the conclusion that "cross-over" records don't happen very often. So it's become pretty clear that underground cats like ourselves need to cater to the radio at least a little bit in order to get some play. Especially in the NW. I could spend all night breakin' down why.....but just trust me when I say that radio is not really gonna play our records unless we give them what THEY want. And until WE get big enough to do what WE want to do....we have to play their game and by their rules. It's an unfortunate reality. And I don't like it anymore than you.....but that's the way it is.

I don't think too many people are doin' songs and not actually feelin' what they are doin'. We're just doin' what we love to do and makin' it possible for the radio to embrace it. I put my heart into everything I do.....but let's be realistic.....if it don't make dollars then it don't make sense. I'm tired of being a "starving artist".......I don't know about ya'll? I'm tryin' to find the happy medium.

Oct 8, 2002
www.eastsideriderz.com
99% of the albums that sell real numbers are done via radio, so to not make something that would appeal in that direction doesn't sound smart.

SEXY THING is hot song, and has been received by over 700 downloads on the net, and over 2000 copies sold. It is in rotation on magic 93.1 in Boise, and has received spins on Jammin 95.5 in portland, as well as 104.5 in Seattle. All this doesn't include how many downloads the D-Sane remix got, and how many people heard via radio. The song is already a proven success.

@ D-Sane, the remix is solid, thanks for the support. Holla when your have a minute via email or phone. you got the number....

Dec 11, 2002
People can say what they want to say.. but if youre not gettin' radio spins or gettin' looked at by the Majors to make some real $$$... what exactly is it that youre tryin' to accomplish?
Underground Gangsta shit is cool.. to an extent.. but if youre not making any money, man.. whats the point?

Oct 31, 2003
My point is you do whats in your heart not what they want you to do.......But Im in no way knockin bullet for tryn to get this major money but if you sold grapes all your life and then one day you decide you wanna sell oranges and your only doin it because oranges sell better then your only in it for the money not for the love of the fruit you feel me... but like i said the the song is real coo and i think if he gte it in the right hands he can get some real love with it so much luck to you

Oct 8, 2002
www.eastsideriderz.com
Double-THEGOD said:
My point is you do whats in your heart not what they want you to do.......But Im in no way knockin bullet for tryn to get this major money but if you sold grapes all your life and then one day you decide you wanna sell oranges and your only doin it because oranges sell better then your only in it for the money not for the love of the fruit you feel me... but like i said the the song is real coo and i think if he gte it in the right hands he can get some real love with it so much luck to you
I understand your angle of what your saying, but music is like a long term relationship that isn't always perfect. I still love music, but naw i don't love it like i did in 1997 when i started recording worry free in a new exciting relationship. 7 years later i can't say music provides a spark everyday like it did the first 3 months, but when the spark hits the sex is much more than it ever was in the beginning.

At the end of the day, you also have to know who you are attempting to sell records to. Its a business first, and that businessis keeps music going. So who buys records? Are they men from the streets who bang and sell dope?, or are they middle class teenage girls who live in the burbs, whose parents can afford to buy them what they want. Wh

Most NW music and its roots are infact the underground, which isn't the majority. It doesn't mean it is of lesser value musically unless your speaking on what's accepted commercially then it is 99% of the time.

I want to be able to do what i love, for as long as i can, so i've changed. You can't break even selling 1-2000 records if your actually spending money to make and promote quality records. Aside from the financial aspects, the music being made, and goals being set are more challenging than that of yesterday. Live instruments are now becoming apart of the music production, the melodies are much more advanced as the the incorperation of R&B is now the real thing, instead of the 1/2 professional singing you hear on most indy rap albums. In the studio, I'm writing melodies, and verses, aside from co-writing R&B songs, and or managing other artists. I'm not only just an artist, i'm doing the business, as well as working to be a quality song writer. Most outside of the business may not know it, but i build songs for numerous artists outside my label, and have gained a lot of respect from others rappers by doing it. Some artists only have 1 hope to make it, and that's from being a rapper.... I'm trying to give myself numerous options and prove to people my talents are more than a 16 line verse...

Either way, as long as i respect what i do, and the choices i make, everything is fine. For those that define success, by selling albums, just always remember i'm the only one who has to live by my descisions...

bullet

PS. Thanks to everybody who checked out the song...

Apr 25, 2002
im feelin that remix. personally like it better than the origional. someone should send copies of the remix to those stations that are rotatin the single already.

Dec 11, 2002
DeluzioN said:
im feelin that remix. personally like it better than the origional. someone should send copies of the remix to those stations that are rotatin the single already.

Are you an artist? or an observer?

Apr 25, 2002
a bit of both actually. i havent taken it to the point of releasing albums for a profit, but im a musician, used to make beats, and i rhyme in my spare time. im sure ill have somethin for everyone to check out soon enuff. in the meantime, i support my fellow conesours in the quest of makin northwest hip hop heard...ya heard? lol

May 15, 2002
Did you already have this beat made and put it over the accapella or did you just come up with it on the spot. Shit sounds nice, definitely has a club feel to it.

Are you also doing all/most of the beats on that lac of respect project?

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
AC Transit said:
Did you already have this beat made and put it over the accapella or did you just come up with it on the spot. Shit sounds nice, definitely has a club feel to it.

Are you also doing all/most of the beats on that lac of respect project?
Naw.....I had to custom make this beat in order for it to be in the right key for the singing. Glad you're feelin' it....thanks.

As far as the LAC album.....I've got something like 5 beats on it. The rest are various producers from Seattle and abroad.