Another Nfl offseason bordem thread (rise/decline)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2006
this thread i thought should be intresting to get peoples points of views..

all you gotta do is say who will rise/become better or who will decline/fall off....ill start... (it will be better if you dont use your fav team as a rise cuz thats just a given basically)

RISE: Vernon Davis (te sf)..dude showed promise when healthy this season....he could be the best receving TE in the leauge/history of the leauge if he puts his all in it and hes probally will be A.S. go to guy....

Decline: Fred Taylor (rb jax)...dude is way to injury prone.....had some ok games this year but if he gets another significant injury he will be all but done.......

Mar 18, 2006
rise-maurice jones-drew(smart dude who said that first)
decline-dego....hasselbeck? yupp, how about shaun alexander in there too
I think its kind of harsh to include fred taylor in the "decline" category, hes a freakin soldier and has been silencing skeptics for years.....the life expectancy of a rb is what, 5-7 good years? Correct me if Im wrong, but hes got to be WELL past that......for all I know, he could grind out another thousand yard season

ONE more riser, how about Vincent Jackson for the Chargers? just based on potential, seen him make some hella nice catches

Apr 25, 2002
LOL @ people saying the raiders will decline. I mean, I guess they can perform shittier than last season, but how do you decline when you're already the worst team in the league?

Rise: Frank Gore (yes, even more), Vernon Davis, Vince Young, Reggie Bush, many others that I can't think of at the moment.
Decline: Brett Favre, Tony Romo, Shaun Alexander, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss (if he's still in Oakland), many others I can't think of at the moment.

Teams on the rise: Niners, Titans, Bengals, Eagles, Jets
Teams on the decline: Cowboys, Packers, Vikings, Lions (hard to do, but they can handle it)

Mar 12, 2005
Rise

Offense:Vernon Davis already stated, Frank Gore already stated, Maurice Jones Drew a damn sav! Reggie Bush, and Matt Leinart

Decline:T.O., Matt Hasselbeck, Redskins

May 22, 2003
www.dankmobb.com
Rise: Jerry Porter, Reggie Bush, Derek Burgess, Vernon Davis
Decline : Phillip Rivers, Rex Grossman, Clinton Portis (because of how well Betts is playing)

Rise: Raiders, Panthers, Bengals, Titans, Rams
Decline: Bears, Broncos, Seahawks, Cowboys, Browns

Aug 23, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
LOL @ people saying the raiders will decline. I mean, I guess they can perform shittier than last season, but how do you decline when you're already the worst team in the league?

Rise: Frank Gore (yes, even more), Vernon Davis, Vince Young, Reggie Bush, many others that I can't think of at the moment.
Decline: Brett Favre, Tony Romo, Shaun Alexander, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss (if he's still in Oakland), many others I can't think of at the moment.

Teams on the rise: Niners, Titans, Bengals, Eagles, Jets
Teams on the decline: Cowboys, Packers, Vikings, Lions (hard to do, but they can handle it)
I dont think any of those teams are on the decline exept maybe the Vikings bc of their QB situation.

Apr 25, 2002
A lot of people think the Cowboys are heading downhill, the Packers are lucky to have gotten the record they had last year and unless they don't make good signings they will be worse next year, and the Lions are consistently terrible and never seem to get better.

I forgot Joseph Addai and Matt Leinart on my riser list.