Angels beware...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
From what it sounded like no other Athletic scores on that play... There are a handful of guys in the MLB who will score on that play and Kendall is one of em... Kendall brings way more than the box scores will ever show and has been huge this year for the A's.

Nov 14, 2002
We outscore y'all in the series again, yet lose the series again. What the christ? I'm not even gonna check who gave up the 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th. It'll hurt too much. However, I will finally give a lil' bit o' props to Pino and G-Dubb. Y'all two been around since the beginning debating with me. Fuck the rest of you so-called "fans" though. The ones who never ever posted in my pro-Angels threads and what not, but were quick to come out from hiding and post in G-Dubb's pro-A's-winning-streak thread.

It ain't over though...

Angels til the casket drop :mad:

Jan 4, 2003
Pino said:
still got a lot season left, plus the A's have to play the Angels a few more times as with the Rangers, Red Sox, and Yankees. They couldnt beat the Sox or Yanks before, but that was in May when they actually sucked. So you never know what can happen, but I'll enjoy this while it lasts
fosho my nig still a lot of games to be played...Just keep lookin up and no need to look down.... We gotta keep thinkin division isntead of this wild card bull shit tho

Nov 14, 2002
The biggest plus of this series is our starting pitching. They did the damn thing. And the best part is that when we play again in September/October both Escobar and Washburn should be back.

Apr 25, 2002
You guys are all overlooking what was obviously the turning point in this series... If Bobby Kielty didn't come out in full Ronald McDonald costume and makeup before game 2 they get swept...

Flame-maned A's outfielder Bobby Kielty, with an assist from catcher Jason Kendall and rookie outfielder Nick Swisher, showed up dressed and made up as Ronald McDonald, complete with big red floppy shoes, to the delight of everyone from first-base coach Brad Fischer to shortstop Bobby Crosby to general manager Billy Beane.

"Billy was losing it," Swisher said. "He thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen."

So convincing was Kielty, whose getup was bought by Kendall, that team photographer Michael Zagaris initially thought he was in the presence of the international icon himself.

"I was like, 'What the [heck] kind of promotion is this, man?'" Zagaris said, wide-eyed. "I thought it was really Ronald McDonald."

"That thing took forever to find," Kendall said of the outfit, noting that visiting clubhouse manager Mikey Thalblum eventually got the job done.

Likening Kendall's purchase to the airplane banner poking fun at bullpen catcher Brandon Buckley that someone on the team paid to have flown around the stadium in Oakland a few years ago, manager Ken Macha said, "Players make too much money."

Two members of Macha's staff were considerably more impressed. Asked to describe Kielty's look with one word, Fischer said, "Proud. He's proud that he looks like this. And he should be."

Said pitching coach Curt Young: "Legit. That's the real deal, right there. He should be working for McDonald's.

"I told him, 'dude, you should get free Big Macs for life'," Kendall said.

As funny as Kielty was by himself, it got better when Crosby got involved. When a camera crew asked for an interview with "Ronald," Crosby played interpreter. After being asked each question, Kielty would look at Crosby and answer in high-pitched gibberish. Crosby, with a straight face, would then answer in English.

TV reporter: "So Ronald, we've never see you and Kielty at the same time. Why are you here?"

Ronald: "Bee-mee-mee-bee-mee."

Crosby: "He says, 'Bobby wants to meet me, and vice-versa.'"

TV reporter: "Kielty and the A's are having a great year. What do you think of all this?"

Ronald: "Mee-bee-bee-mee-bee."

Crosby: "He says, 'I'm just happy to be here.'"

Ronald's interpreter said later, "I speak fluent clown, it's not easy."

Jan 4, 2003
Sicc_Wit_It said:
You're first post regarding this situation was July 23rd in G-Dubb's "Athletics" thread. When were you telling us y'all was comin'?
WE CAME BITCH!!!!!!!!!! go fuckin cry cuz your angels lost the series to the A's :dead:

May 6, 2002
A's fans feel like they are on top of the world, and I don't blame them.

In all reality, you guys are one game ahead of us with about 50 games to go. Calm down, the season isn't over yet.

What if we won the series (which we should have). Then I come in saying "Yaa Bitch!!! We took it so stop crying!!!" Doesn't it seem a little dumb?

Jan 4, 2003
714KaliHydro said:
A's fans feel like they are on top of the world, and I don't blame them.

In all reality, you guys are one game ahead of us with about 50 games to go. Calm down, the season isn't over yet.

What if we won the series (which we should have). Then I come in saying "Yaa Bitch!!! We took it so stop crying!!!" Doesn't it seem a little dumb?
yeah man still plenty of games left its just fuckin great how the A's turned their season around and are now #1 in the AL WEST.... Well shit most of the angel fans where talking their shit saying they were gonna get us back in Oakland since we also took the series a few weeks ago in Los Angeles/ Anaheim... Shit and after game 1 a lot of angel fans were already thinkin they had this series won and yada..Its just a fuckin good time to be an A's fan right now.......just gotta keep it up baby :)

May 10, 2002
Sicc wit it ive been on the siccness for a long time, i been rolling with all bayarea teams except the whiners my whole life, Im a A's and Giants fan but the past 2 years i havent really followed the Giants like i use to, only real reason i like the Giants is cuz of Bonds,

So whats the season series standing between the 2 teams?????? I know the A's has won more but how many more, face it Angel fans your gonna be in 2nd the rest of the season. Kotsay didnt even play the whole series did he??? I actually hope the Angels get the wild card or the Indians just so the Stankees dont make the playoffs. but ive hated the Angels since they beat the Giants in the World Series even though i was happy they knocked out the Yankees in the playoffs that year. I will admit i very negative about the A's in the first half of the season cuz i was very frustrated watching and started not even paying attention to them until Crosby came back and i for real watched every game televised damn near since the first day Crosby came back.

May 6, 2002
RAS 925 said:
yeah man still plenty of games left its just fuckin great how the A's turned their season around and are now #1 in the AL WEST.... Well shit most of the angel fans where talking their shit saying they were gonna get us back in Oakland since we also took the series a few weeks ago in Los Angeles/ Anaheim... Shit and after game 1 a lot of angel fans were already thinkin they had this series won and yada..Its just a fuckin good time to be an A's fan right now.......just gotta keep it up baby :)
Like I said, I don't blame any of the A's fans for acting the way they are.

I'm not upset with our Bullpen neither. They have pulled for us all year. The reason we are even in contention now and stayed in first for so long was because of our pitching. They can't be solid all the time.

A's vs Twins
Angels vs Mariners

We should have the edge in this, but I don't know since Seattle swept us in the last outing.

Jun 23, 2002
Sicc_Wit_It said:
We outscore y'all in the series again, yet lose the series again. What the christ? I'm not even gonna check who gave up the 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th. It'll hurt too much. However, I will finally give a lil' bit o' props to Pino and G-Dubb. Y'all two been around since the beginning debating with me. Fuck the rest of you so-called "fans" though. The ones who never ever posted in my pro-Angels threads and what not, but were quick to come out from hiding and post in G-Dubb's pro-A's-winning-streak thread.

It ain't over though...

Angels til the casket drop :mad:

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LOST.....

Apr 25, 2002
714KaliHydro said:
A's vs Twins
Angels vs Mariners

We should have the edge in this, but I don't know since Seattle swept us in the last outing.
The A's nearly took all 4 games against Minnesota in Minnesota, the one loss came down to a play at the plate to end the game... And the A's gave Johan Santana his first 2nd half loss since 2003... Chances are the standings are the same on Monday.