Angels beware...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Damn I was at the game yesterday. The shit was off the hook!! The A's always seem to knock Donnally around. It was fantastic. The Angels were cruising for 6 innings straight until Donnally came in and we rallied on him. As soon as Chavez hit that homer there no doubt it was out. The crowd went crazy.

The game ending play was crazy too. I don't think anybody believed what they had just witnessed, winning on some error like that. You just don't see that everyday. All in all it was a a great come back all the way around, and the A's will take it one way or another. We have completed the turn around and have sole possession of 1st place. Now we just gotta maintain for the rest of the season.

And as for Sicc_Wid_It, you can add me to the list of fans who've been following the A's through good times and bad. Not that it matters because I know where I stand but I'm sure G-Dubb can vouch for that. I've always known that the A's always seem to be a better second half team, so you can never really give up on them.

Can't wait to see how this all unfolds...

Jun 1, 2002
OAKLAND A'S= THE SCRAPPIEST TEAM IN BASEBALL. WE STAY COMPETETIVE NO MATTER WHAT WITH A MEASILY PAYROLL. FUCK THE GIANTS, ANGELS, REDSOCKS AND THE YANKEES TOO!!!

WE COMIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 6, 2002
What a pitching duel in Oakland.

Tied for first again.

We got Colon on the mound tommorow!
Our bats are heating up and our relivers got some confidense back tonight. Great win (even though it was just against Seattle).

Nov 14, 2002
Playa510 said:
Kotsay didnt even play the whole series did he???
Niether did Garret Anderson. He played the first game where we won 9-2, but sat out the next two where we lost both by 1 run.

Edit: Not to mention how many damn times Vlad was walked. Just part of the game, though.

Nov 14, 2002
Two home runs in yesterday's win and already 1-1 with an RBI 2B in today's game. Just like last season Vlad will be the difference of why we win the division over Oakland. Mark it down.

Apr 25, 2002
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's wishful thinking...You must've forgotten that there's no "I" in team. Vlad can't do it all...there's 8 other spots in the lineup that will have to contribute as well.

May 6, 2002
I wish we could let GA rest a little bit more, but right now we aren't in the position to.

D-Mac is commin back up though, in about a week.
The D-Train is ready to to start wreckin again.
Meaning we have to send someone back down, heopfully it will be one of the three catchers we have.

May 6, 2002
Time for a recap:

Yes, our bullpen is still slumping. Someone seems to do it each game thats close. Another one for K-Rod.

Oakland, you guys got really bad calls today. I just saw the replay, that was a ridiculous call by the first base ump.

Current standings, Anaheim 2 games up.

What does ESPN say: "Why The Angels Won't Make The Playoffs". They say becuase of our bullpen. That is BS. They have been there all year, that is why we are in first place. Our offense hasn't been what it has cracked up to be. Now that 3 ptichers in the pen have a really bad 30 days, we are out of contention? That is pure bull.

Aug 20, 2004
^^^THere breakin down with each inning pitched...its called wear & tear from playin 162 games a year...and pitchers get it the worst...Angels will make the playoffs...but yall aint goin no where...just lke the Yanks...all that offense...and thier pitchin cant keep up...

Nov 14, 2002
714KaliHydro said:
Time for a recap:

Yes, our bullpen is still slumping. Someone seems to do it each game thats close. Another one for K-Rod.

Oakland, you guys got really bad calls today. I just saw the replay, that was a ridiculous call by the first base ump.

Current standings, Anaheim 2 games up.

What does ESPN say: "Why The Angels Won't Make The Playoffs". They say becuase of our bullpen. That is BS. They have been there all year, that is why we are in first place. Our offense hasn't been what it has cracked up to be. Now that 3 ptichers in the pen have a really bad 30 days, we are out of contention? That is pure bull.
K-Rod has disgusted me this season. He was arguably the best set-up man last year with an ERA of 1.82 and a WHIP of 1.00. Now his ERA is hovering near 3 and every time he enters the game I hold my breath. There's no way in fuck we can beat Boston or New York in the playoffs if this continues.

Apr 25, 2002
They faced a hot team in the Twins (just swept the White Sox,) and the Orioles ain't doing too bad right now (8-4 since firing Mazzilli?) I can't complain though, they're 2 over .500 in August and at least they're keeping pace (A's & Angles in last 10 games, both 5-5.) Hatteberg's coming off an injury and Swisher missed some games... They should pick it up soon.

Apr 25, 2002
Sicc_Wit_It said:
Hey A's fathful; what's goin' on with ya squad? Bout to lose the 5th of their last 6 since the Anaheim series.
Yeah we're goin on a bit of slide right now. Our offense has been shut down by oppposing pitching and we've been pretty unfortunate lately (misfielding plays, bad ump calls, you name it, the A's have been on the shitty end of the stick the last 6 games, but that's just the way it goes in a 162 game season).

Overall though, it's not a bad as it could be. I'm just glad the Yankees/Angels have lost at the right times as well. We're still in not too far of a hole and still maintain a game and a half lead for the Wild Card.

May 10, 2002
Right now there playing the same way they were playing in June and thats not leaving me with a good impression of my team, i think we play the Royals next so we should pick it up offensely and hopefully that will spark the flame back up.