Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
peep the XDA Forums ....

it's really easy too, I really did root my phone under 1 minute....

that has been the most easiest root I've ever done from rooting my hero to my old evo 4g....

this new root made it easier for me on my new evo 4g...

I'm gonna root my sisters phone later on tonight too..

Nov 6, 2005
Some guy that used to come into my old work, worked for Verizon.

Dude was always talking like he had the exclusive knowledge and shit.... Dude even sat there and tried to talk me into getting a Droid 2, before it was announced over an Incredible. I'm glad I didnt listen to his ass, my Incredible is the best phone I've ever owned.

I see alot of people opinions differ off vanilla and HTC, but I owned an OG Droid and I prefer the Incredible by far. Even without considering the specs.

ALTHOUGH I think these companies are milking the Android/Droid fascination like hell, technology moves fast but theyre almost pushing the speed boundaries on release speeds.

Nov 6, 2005
P.S. Ive yet to root my Incredible since Ive been so happy with the stock ROM, but its also made me sort of fall out of touch with the community. Anyone know if any DECENT "Cydia/Black Market" app? (Save me the spiel on it not being necessary with Android due to the open OS) I just prefer having all the top apps layed out, and I PREFER to purchase the apps I "test".

Aug 16, 2003
I hope the Bionic comes out soon, you guys hear anything on your end smittycal?
Its on the way

I work at the Verizon Wireless call center......September 8th releases: 4G Samsung Stratosphere, 4G RIM Blackberry Curve and Motorola Droid Bionic.

I'm getting the Bionic.

Yes sir! I work in the store and I also do the merch in my store so I get the heads up on stuff at least a week out so I can plan ahead.

Im kind of looking forward to the new BB I wanna see what there going to do to stay relevant. If they fail there gonna turn into the next Palm lol. I dont think that whatever they drop is fucking with the Bionic...

My only issue with Droid at the moment is that it feels like the OS is unstable sometimes. Im always addressing some random reset or glitch thats going on. I love my X2 but I hate the random power offs while listening to music or the keyboard that dosent type anything on the screen or backspace on the 2.3.3 gingerbread.

Theres a lot of great things on Droid but hopefully with Google buying Motorola the'll put more time into developing the hardware and software together and making sure things are stable before it hits the market.

Heres to wishful thinking

Aug 16, 2003
P.S. Ive yet to root my Incredible since Ive been so happy with the stock ROM, but its also made me sort of fall out of touch with the community. Anyone know if any DECENT "Cydia/Black Market" app? (Save me the spiel on it not being necessary with Android due to the open OS) I just prefer having all the top apps layed out, and I PREFER to purchase the apps I "test".
The great thing about the Incredible is that its almost 100% stock Android. The other phones run a hybrid version of the OS with bloatware on it that just kills performance.

I felt the same way about the Incredible. I've seen some issues common to the Droid OS out of it but nothing compared to what I've seen on a lot of the other phones.

As far as apps go its up to you. From what I understand the Cydia thing just lets you get the paid apps for free by posting pirated versions of the app. Im sure theres more to it then that but I've never gotten into it since a lot of the free apps have been good for what I use my phone for...which is music and videos. I just borrowed my buddies Netflix ID and Im good at the moment lol.

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
http://applanet.net/

Apr 25, 2002
just copped a nexus s 4g. not the most powerful android phone out there, but i'm really impressed with the screen, lightness, and speed of the OS. i can see myself holding onto this for a couple years as long it can support 5.0 or whatever the next major OS is after ice cream sandwich.

Feb 14, 2004
Is there a way to get rid of those useless aps that I don't even use without rooting on my Droid X? I don't even go to Blockbuster anymore, so no need for that ap.