and now the biggest bust is complete...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
smith haasnt done much better than russell.
I criticize Alex Smith all the time, but last year's performance, though I consider it mediocre at best, shit all over Russell's entire career. Russell was easily the worst starting QB in the league last year when he was playing. Many teams had 2nd string QBs that were far better than Russell and some teams even had 3rd stringers that are better than Russell. I forget where I got the link, but Alex Smith was the 19th ranked QB last season. Again, very mediocre. BUT, mediocre >>>>>>>> awful. That, to me and most people, means he's done much better than Russell.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Alex Smith has done much better than Russell. I'll admit it, I said Smith was a bust years back. I was wrong and those who said Russell was going to turn out to be a bust (Fatal, and others) good call.

Aug 9, 2006
not even the late great bill walsh could "fix" russell, he never had pro skill just pro talent....raiders took a swing and wiffed, they arent the first to draft a complete bust and wont be the last....

gotta agree with thread title, JR being payed as much as he did is now worst then ryan leaf, SD maybe put a decades worth of hurt on themselves after trading their whole shit for him...but who knows how long the raiders will be bad after the now infamous JR pick...

al davis may need to die before raider fans can realistically think about a real playoff push