An Inconvienent Truth

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
Anybody seen this doc on global warming? Al Gore made it and that motherfucker is such a boring ass speaker, but he had some interesting facts on this. If you haven't seen it, and global warming is of interest to you, I'd go check it out it.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
it's a noble cause, whether the intentions are just as noble is open to debate, but it's certainly better to have Al Gore educating people than republicans saying" "Global Warming? There's no such thing"

Feb 8, 2006
ThaG said:
it's a noble cause, whether the intentions are just as noble is open to debate, but it's certainly better to have Al Gore educating people than republicans saying" "Global Warming? There's no such thing"
lol
noble cause with an agenda behind it

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
ThaG said:

Yea at first he seems genuinely concerned with whats going on with our atmosphere and planet. He actually seems like he cares about the future of earth and the people living on it, but about 4 or 5 times throughout the doc he'll start going into his childhood and was very over dramatic about it. Almost to the point like he's trying to sell himself as a good person, BUT if you wanna learn some new shit about whats going on with our ozone layer and ocean and glaciers(whats left of them) then check it out. He put together a nice litte slideshow presentation with alot information and some new technological science that can find levels of carbon monoxide in ice dating back 650 years. He also talked about hurricane katrina and the fact that it got so big was actually do to global warming. The way he described global warming was the radiation lightwaves that the sun sends back out of the atmosphere but its actually getting trapped IN our atmosphere so it holds more heat inside hence the reason it keeps getting hotter year after year--thats a brief description he gives a much more accurate one. In turn, the oceans temp is rising and near the coast of NO, where hurricane katrina got really bad is where the hottest temperatures of the ocean were- and he has scientifical facts that prove it. I'm not a fan of Al Gore, but what he talks about seems very real and very possible. It's definetly interesting if you're concerned with existance on this planet.

May 9, 2002
DenverInput said:
man made global warming is a myth, why doesnt he mention that the temperature was higher in the 40's. through out history its gone up and its gone down
This is true and the debate whether Global Warming exists is still debatable by many scientists over, I believe it was even featured in Time magazine?

May 6, 2007
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
This is true and the debate whether Global Warming exists is still debatable by many scientists over, I believe it was even featured in Time magazine?
i think it was time magazine, for what i have heard its 50/50 some scientists say global warming is real and others say its not

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
DenverInput said:
man made global warming is a myth, why doesnt he mention that the temperature was higher in the 40's. through out history its gone up and its gone down
Every time it did go up so much and so rapidly, a disaster happened. Remember, we're not talking about 0.5-1 degrees, we're talking about more than 2 in less than 150 years. Why are people refusing to understand what 2 degrees (normal degrees, not Fahrenheit) global warming means?

I want to see you telling people in Florida in 2050 that global warming is a myth...

Feb 8, 2006
DenverInput said:
i think its bullshit how the media says its our fault that global warming is happining, they just wanna make us feel guilty so we'll pay a global warming tax
soon they will try and say it's like denying the holocaust.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
The reason that radiation lightwaves get trapped in out atmosphere is because there's too much carbon monoxide IN our atmosphere and its not allowing that radiation to leave. So you're saying if there was only 1 million people contributing to the pollution instead of 6 billion then global warming would still exist, you're saying that EARTH puts out all this carbon monoxide-not the 6 BILLION people that live on it?

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
DenverInput said:
i think its bullshit how the media says its our fault that global warming is happining, they just wanna make us feel guilty so we'll pay a global warming tax
Sigh...

The future of the planet is at stake, yet people are more concerned with taxes...

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
DenverInput said:

Most of his presentation is focused on the rise and fall of our temperature and how drastic its been in the last 15 years. In the last 14 years, 10 of those years we had record breaking heat.

Not to mention we had that heat wave in 2003 where thousands of people died, and Europe had that heat wave not too long ago were thousands of people died.