America’s Family Prison

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Euro>Dollar = Europe is winning the game = Europe has no social or politcal shortcomings???

Anyways I'll cut this one short. its is not on topic.

Jun 27, 2005
You base your whole argument on citizenship and all the rights that come with it. But if you look at immigration historically, people from certain areas (Northern Europe) were given preference to come to this country. And people from places in Latin America and Asia were denied access to come here legally through racist policies. You personally may not be anti-Mexican, but this country institutionally and policy-wise IS Anti-Mexican, and Anti-Chinese, and Anti-Black, etc., It doesn't matter what you or any other INDIVIDUAL person thinks, it's the system/insitution that is racist and always has been.
I'm not arguing whether or not the system is perceived as racist or if it actually is racist. But let me try to explain my point in another way. If you are gonna break into somebody's house to burglarize it, you know there is a chance you could be caught and either killed by the owner or you will go to prison. You can't get out of it by playing dumb and saying "I didn't know there would be shitty consequences."

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
I'm not arguing whether or not the system is perceived as racist or if it actually is racist. But let me try to explain my point in another way. If you are gonna break into somebody's house to burglarize it, you know there is a chance you could be caught and either killed by the owner or you will go to prison. You can't get out of it by playing dumb and saying "I didn't know there would be shitty consequences."
Well, your point doesn't mean shit, especially if you're going to imply that people disregard the nature of the actual system in place in order to understand it.

Apr 25, 2002
Euro>Dollar is mathematically correct and you cannot argue it. That was my point...
Yes. Good point if we are talking about currencies.

It sounds like the issue is whether or not the punishment fits the crime. They did not seem to go into great detail about "alternatives" but mentioned "supervised" housing and said it cost 55% less. Are there any other alternatives to this type of prison? If "catch and release" was simply allowing people to come back again and again, what would be a more preventive measure?

Also it is unclear to me what is the criteria for going to Hutto rather than going to "supervised" housing? It mentioned Somali prisoners in Hutto, I find it hard to believe a "catch and release" strategy would result in them continously crossing Oceans to enter the United States, unless they are released and re-enter through central and South America?

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
It sounds like the issue is whether or not the punishment fits the crime. They did not seem to go into great detail about "alternatives" but mentioned "supervised" housing and said it cost 55% less. Are there any other alternatives to this type of prison? If "catch and release" was simply allowing people to come back again and again, what would be a more preventive measure?

Also it is unclear to me what is the criteria for going to Hutto rather than going to "supervised" housing? It mentioned Somali prisoners in Hutto, I find it hard to believe a "catch and release" strategy would result in them continously crossing Oceans to enter the United States, unless they are released and re-enter through central and South America?
Alternatives? How about the alternative I mentioned earlier, which is to kick all foreign investments out of Latin America, end all the free trade agreements and actually let people have some sort of a chance to prosper in their native countries...

Mar 4, 2007

naw its more like,
you break into a house to burglurize it, but that house is full of stuff that you once owned...and was taken from you.

lamberto, please school everyone further that sides with mannish on this..

May 24, 2007
These fools who dont see how mexicans are being exploited, are ignorant. I bet they dont know that mexico has the largest population of able people that can, and are willing to work (unlike lazy ass americans) for any kind of money, yet are kept down in the crapper by greedy motha f*cks. Mexico is straight curropted by the upper class elites, who make deals with Uncle Sam to benefit the U.S. and fuck mexico over. Uncle sam who has his hands dipped in pockets from
other countries around the world.

All the while, americans defend the system that enslaves them in a f*cking rat race that is This Country.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
These fools who dont see how mexicans are being exploited, are ignorant. I bet they dont know that mexico has the largest population of able people that can, and are willing to work (unlike lazy ass americans) for any kind of money, yet are kept down in the crapper by greedy motha f*cks. Mexico is straight curropted by the upper class elites, who make deals with Uncle Sam to benefit the U.S. and fuck mexico over. Uncle sam who has his hands dipped in pockets from

All the while, americans defend the system that enslaves them in a f*cking rat race that is This Country.

Jun 27, 2005
naw its more like,
you break into a house to burglurize it, but that house is full of stuff that you once owned...and was taken from you.

lamberto, please school everyone further that sides with mannish on this..
LOL, I really don't have a strong enough opinion on this to really even have a "side."

Jun 27, 2005

Did somebody say that the people in Mexico aren't being exploited?

Apr 25, 2002
Alternatives? How about the alternative I mentioned earlier, which is to kick all foreign investments out of Latin America, end all the free trade agreements and actually let people have some sort of a chance to prosper in their native countries...
That is an idea some have had success with and some haven't. If foreign investment was to be kicked out of Latin America do you believe it would diminish America's popularity as a destination country for immigrants to live a better life? Also would it be all foreign investment, including European and Asian, or just American?

No, it's a good point because both Europe and the US play the same capitalist and imperialistic game trying to control the economy, and Europe is playing it better, as is evident by the simple equation I wrote earlier...
Your simple equation and ambiguous statement that Europe "is wininng the game" does not explain political and social shortcomings of the United States and Europe. If Dollar>Euro or the United States was "winning the game" both Europe and the US would still have political and social shortcomings.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
That is an idea some have had success with and some haven't. If foreign investment was to be kicked out of Latin America do you believe it would diminish America's popularity as a destination country for immigrants to live a better life? Also would it be all foreign investment, including European and Asian, or just American?
The fact that the United States already did what it did during the last hundred years cannot be changed, and the foreign policy, especially towards Latin America, has retarded those countries economic growth (at least for the masses). The people who prospered from the policies are few, some here in the US and some in the foreign countries. But the bottom line is that Latin Americans get exploited for cheap labor and their land gets exploited for natural resources only for a select few to prosper, which is bull shit any way you look at it IMO...

And it would be ALL foreign investment as it is now, of course there has to be some sort of global connection throughout the world, but not the unfair corrupt bull shit that they call Fair Trade Agreements that they have now...